Leah Marie Remini
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Leah dropped out of school after moving to Los Angeles at the age of 13 with her mother to focus on an acting career.
Actress, producer, author, comedian
- Father – George Remini (Owner of Asbestos Removal Company)
- Mother – Vicki Marshall (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Nicole Remini (Older Sister) (Actress), Elizabeth (Half-Sister), Shannon Farrara (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress), Christine (Half-Sister), Stephanie Remini (Half-Sister) (Died in 2013)
- Others – George Marshall (Stepfather)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leah Remini has dated –
- Angelo Pagan (1996-Present) – Leah Remini started dating actor Angelo Pagan in 1996 after meeting him at a Cuban restaurant. They took their relationship to the next level by getting married in July 2003. Their marriage was covered in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine. About a year later in June 2004, she gave birth to a daughter, Sofia. When she left Scientology in 2013, it was rumored that her husband was going to separate from her. However, Angelo followed his wife out of the secretive religion. In 2015, Remini revealed in an interview that her husband had cheated on her on several occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
Leah is of Austrian Jewish descent on mother’s side while has Italian ancestry on father’s side.
37-30-36 in or 94-76-91.5 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)
Remini has starred in the TV advertisements for
- Mandee clothing (1985)
- Quaker State Motor Oil (2000-2002)
- Pacer Center’s Bullying campaign (2013)
Until 2013, she followed the church of Scientology.
She later switched her faith to Roman Catholicism.
Best Known For
- Her role in an American sitcom, The King of Queens as Carrie Heffernan.
- For portraying the character of Lara in a comedy film, Old School (2003).
Leah made her first film appearance in 1997 in Critics and Other Freaks in the minor role of “actress at the audition.”
First TV Show
Remini was made her TV show debut in 1988 in the sitcom Head of the Class in one episode.
To shed 80 pounds of baby fat, after the birth of her daughter, Leah Remini hired celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson. Peterson had her training five days a week and used to regularly flip her workout around to keep things fresh and to prevent her body adapt to her workout regime. Her exercise sessions relied heavily on running and lifting weights.
When it comes to diet, she follows a healthy diet with a focus on balanced intake of key nutrients. To control her cravings, she includes cheat days in her schedule, which also helps her remain disciplined.
Leah Remini Favorite Things
- Room in her House – Her daughter’s room
Source – RedbookMag.com
Leah Remini Facts
- In November 2015, Leah published her memoir Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, which made some explosive revelations about her former faith.
- In 2002, she was placed at the 19th position by the Stuff magazine in the list of “102 Sexiest Women in the World.”
- She became a member of the Church of Scientology at the age of 9 and eventually became one of the most vocal advocates of the religion.
- In July 2013, she decided to leave the Church of Scientology due to the restrictive policies that discouraged questioning the decisions taken by church leader David Miscavige.
- In November 2015, she called her mother a slut in an interview and revealed she did drugs in 70’s. She gave this interview to preempt smear campaign from the church.
- In August 2013, she filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department to report the disappearance of Shelly Miscavige. The police department, however, found the report “unfounded.”