|Jim Belushi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1954|
Jim Belushi is an American actor, comedian, and musician who is best known for portraying characters such as James ‘Jim’ Orenthal in the sitcom According to Jim (2001-2009), Nick Morelli in the legal comedy-drama TV series The Defenders (2010–2011), and Angelo R. Martinelli in the TV miniseries Show Me a Hero (2015). He had been a cast member and writer for the iconic late-night live sketch comedy TV show Saturday Night Live (SNL) between 1983 and 1985. He is also well recognized for his work in films such as Trading Places (1983), About Last Night (1986), The Principal (1987), Red Heat (1988), Mr. Destiny (1990), Jingle All the Way (1996), and Joe Somebody (2001).
James Adam Belushi
Jim, The Belush, Zee Blues
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He splits his time between Eagle Point, Jackson County, Oregon, United States, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
He holds dual nationality.
Jim had graduated, in 1972, from Wheaton Central High School, a public school in Wheaton, Illinois. He had then attended the College of DuPage, a public community college in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
He had eventually graduated from Southern Illinois University Carbondale, a public research university in Carbondale, Illinois, with a bachelor’s degree in speech and theater arts.
Actor, Comedian, Musician
- Father – Adam Anastos Belushi (Restaurant Owner) (d. 1996)
- Mother – Agnes Demetri Belushi (née Samaras) (Pharmacy Worker) (d. 1989)
- Siblings – John Adam Belushi (Older Brother) (Actor, Comedian, Singer) (d. March 5, 1982), Billy Belushi (Younger Brother), Marian Belushi Miles (Older Sister)
- Others – Judith Jacklin Belushi Pisano (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Film Producer), Chelsea Belushi (née Wernsman) (Daughter-in-Law), Anastos A. Belushi (Paternal Grandfather), Vasilo Manika (Paternal Grandmother), Demetri George Samaras (Maternal Grandfather), Anna D. Popajoseph (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim has dated –
- Sandra Davenport (1979–1988) – Jim had started dating Sandra Davenport in May 1979 and the couple got married on May 17, 1980. They have a son together named Robert James Belushi (Actor) (b. October 23, 1980). They got divorced in October 1988.
- Marjorie Bransfield (1989–1992) – He began dating American former actress Marjorie Bransfield in September 1989 and they got married on September 22, 1990. They had parted ways in April 1992.
- Jennifer Sloan (1997-2021) – Jim had started dating Jennifer Sloan in 1997 and they got married on May 2, 1998. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Jamison Bess Belushi (b. July 28, 1999) (Actress) and a son named Jared James Belushi (b. February 8, 2002). Jennifer had filed for divorce in March 2018 but the couple had reconciled later. In August 2021, it was revealed that Jim had filed for divorce from Jennifer after almost 23 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Albanian descent.
- Stocky frame
- Often sports a trimmed goatee
- Back-combed, receding hairline
- Puffy face
- Affable smile
Christianity (Eastern Orthodox)
Jim Belushi Facts
- Born and raised in Chicago, Jim is an ardent supporter of the city’s sports teams – Chicago Blackhawks (ice hockey), the Chicago Bears (American football), the Chicago Cubs (baseball), the Chicago Bulls (basketball), and the Chicago Fire (soccer).
- He had released a book in May 2006 titled Real Men Don’t Apologize.
- During the telecast of the 2008 Rose Bowl game, he had been invited to announce the starting lineup for the University of Illinois football team.
- Playing the harmonica is his major hobby.
Featured Image by Jim Belushi / Instagram