Muhammad Kutty Ismail Paniparambil
Mammootty, Mammooka, Padmasree Mammootty, Muhammed Kutty Mammooty, Sajin
Chandiroor, Travancore, India
Mammootty has houses in Panampilly Nagar, Ernakulam, Anna Nagar, Chennai and one in his birthplace at Chempu, Kottayam.
Mammootty completed his primary schooling from Government High School, Kulasekharamangalam, Kottayam. His father decided to move along with his family to Ernakulam, where he completed his education from the Government School.
He completed his pre-degree course at Sacred Heart College, Thevara. Mammootty finished his degree at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam and eventually graduated from Government Law College, Ernakulam with a degree in Law.
- Father – Ismail (Farmer)
- Mother – Fatima (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Ibrahimkutty (Younger Brother) (Actor), Zakariah (Younger Brother), Ameena (Younger Sister), Sauda (Younger Sister), Shafina (Younger Sister)
- Others – Maqbool Salmaan (Nephew) (Actor)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mammootty has dated –
- Sulfath Kutty (1979-Present) – Sulfath married Mammootty in 1979 in an arranged marriage. Mammootty has always said that his wife is his best and only female friend. The couple has 2 children together, daughter Surumi and son Dulquer Salmaan. Surumi is married to cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed, and the couple has 2 kids. Dulquer Salmaan who is also an actor is married to Chennai based architect Amal Sufiya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mole on his right cheek
- His mustache
Mammootty has endorsed the following brands –
- South Indian Bank
- Kerala Volleyball League
- Street India Movement
- Pain and Palliative Care Society
Best Known For
Having acted in over 390 movies with a film career spanning nearly 5 decades.
Mammootty debuted with an uncredited role of a man amongst a crowd in the dramatic Malayalam movie Anubhavangal Paalichakal directed by K. S. Sethumadhavan in 1971.
His first credited film appearance was in Vilkkanundu Swapnangal in 1980 where he played the role as Madhavankutty.
First TV Show
Mammootty has not made any appearances on television soap operas yet.
The secret to Mammootty’s ageless persona is his diet and lifestyle. His cook accompanies him everywhere. He strictly avoids any carbs and makes it a point to work out daily for at least 30 minutes at an inbuilt gym at home. He avoids junk food and prefers having home-cooked meals.
Mammootty Favorite Things
- Number – 369
- Food – Mutton Biryani
- He was awarded the Padma Shree in 1998 which is the 4th highest civilian award in India. He was honored with the honorary Doctor of Letters in 2010 by the University of Kerala.
- Mammootty is the only Indian actor who has acted in films in 6 different languages. He has performed in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, English and Kannada movies.
- Before entering the film industry, he was a lawyer and even practiced for 2 years.
- Mammootty abstains from alcohol and is a total teetotaler. The actor was a chain smoker during his younger days but eventually quit for his children.
- He is afraid of ghosts.
- Mammootty is a car enthusiast and owns a set of vehicles with 369 on the number plate.
- Follow Mammootty on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Shahinmusthafa / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0