|James Roday Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1976|
James Roday is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter who is known for his on-screen roles like Max in Repli-Kate, Nick Paine in Miss Match, Vic in Ryan Caulfield: Year One, Gary Mendez in A Million Little Things, and Shawn Spencer in Psych.
James David Rodriguez
San Antonio, Texas, United States
James Roday studied at Taft High School located in San Antonio. He later studied theatre and earned a bachelor’s degree in fine arts from New York University‘s Experimental Theatre Wing.
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Jaime “Jim” Rodriguez (Retired Air Force Master Sergeant)
- Mother – Deborah Collins
- Sibling – Lisette Rodriguez (Sister)
James Roday is represented by Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Roday has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
He is of Mexican descent on his father’s side and has English, Irish, Scottish, Swiss-German, and German roots on his mother’s side.
- A scar down his chest
- Deep-set eyes
He appeared in the TV commercials for the Alltell cell phone service in 2007.
James Roday Favorite Things
- TV Show – Twin Peaks
- Line From Without A Clue – Michael Caine‘s ‘It is my opinion that this man is dead.’
- Gum – Juicy Fruit
Source – IMDb
James Roday Facts
- He was 22 years old when he professionally changed his name to ‘James Roday’ because there was already a ‘James Rodriguez’ registered in the Screen Actors Guild. At the same age, James Roday also underwent open-heart surgery.
- He co-founded the Red Dog Squadron, a Los Angeles theater company, along with Brad Raider in 2002 and has also served as its co-artistic director.
- He has been cast as Shawn Spencer, a freelance consultant with the Santa Barbara Police Department who pretends to be a psychic, in the detective comedy-drama television series, Psych. This role won him the 2nd Annual Timmys Award for “Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series” and Imagen Award for “Best Actor – Television”.
- In 2007, James Roday was included in People‘s “100 Most Beautiful People” list.
- He has been friends with actor Dana Ashbrook.
- He has also been associated with Elephant Nature Park, an elephant rescue and rehabilitation center in Northern Thailand.
- As a director, James Roday has worked on projects like Psych, Battle Creek, The Resident, Treehouse, and Rosewood.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0