|Maggie Lawson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1980|
Maggie Lawson is an American actress best known for playing the character of Juliet O’Hara in USA network’s detective, comedy-drama called Psych (2006–2014, 2017, 2020).
Margaret Cassidy Lawson
Maggie, Mags, The Mane
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Maggie studied in St. Stephen Martyr School, a Catholic grade school followed by Assumption High School in Louisville, Kentucky, until her sophomore year. After that, she moved to California for work and finished her senior year of high school through correspondence/distance education.
- Father – Mike Lawson (Hotel Manager)
- Mother – Judy Metcalf Lawson (Founder of The Highland Dog, Pet Sitting company)
- Siblings – Chris Lawson (Older Brother), Nick Lawson (Younger Brother)
- Others – She has 3 nephews and a niece.
She is represented by –
- The Gersh Agency
- Alchemy Entertainment
- Michael L. Schenkman (Attorney)
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Eric Christian Olsen (2003–2006) – Maggie first met actor, Eric Olsen during a one-episode guest role in ER (1999). The two actors were playing onscreen brother and sister who were victims of a car crash. Their relationship ended in 2006.
- James Roday (2006–2013) – James was Maggie’s co-star in the detective comedy-drama, Psych. Their relationship lasted for nearly 8 years. The two actors continue to share an amicable relationship as they had to reprise their roles in Psych for 2 TV movies based on the show.
- Benjamin Koldyke aka Ben (2014–2017) – Maggie met Ben in 2013 on the sets of the ABC sitcom, Back in the Game. The show ran only for one season but the two actors continued dating. They were engaged in November 2014 and got married in August 2015. The ceremony was organized in Las Vegas, New Mexico at a ranch that belonged to Ben’s family. They got divorced in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Scottish ancestry.
- Beautiful eyes
Maggie Lawson Favorite Things
- Snack – Peanut Butter and rice cakes or Granny Smith apples with peanut butter
- Salad Ingredient – Kale
- Pizza Substitute – Cheese on Pita bread
- Sweet-Tooth Fix – Dark Chocolate
- Magazines (To Read) – Travel + Leisure, Dwell, and Vanity Fair
- Sports Team – Chicago Cubs (Baseball)
- Accent – French
- Karaoke Song – We Belong by Pat Benatar
- TV Show Theme Song – Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Superhero Power – Time travel
- Fashion/ Hairstyle Trend – The Pixie cut
Source – Shape, YouTube, ChannelGuideMag.com
Maggie Lawson Facts
- Her first job was to play a munchkin in The Wizard of Oz stage production.
- Maggie was motivated to move to Los Angeles for the first time when she read about auditions for an Alicia Silverstone lookalike actress for the cast of a TV show based on Alicia’s film Clueless (1995). She did not clear that particular audition but got work in other TV shows.
- She is a self-proclaimed expert packer. The actress shared in an interview that she can pack very well and very quickly for any trip.
- She started participating in local theatre productions at the age of 8 that helped her land a commercial TV role of an anchor at the age of 10. Maggie discussed news for local kids on a Louisville TV station – a job she held for 6 years.
- She moved to Los Angeles at the age of 17 because she got her first 4 episode guest role in a sitcom called Unhappily Ever After (1996–1997).
- Lawson is fond of singing and songwriting in her spare time.
- Maggie is also an avid animal lover. She worked for the Humane Society in high school and co-founded the Tiger Frances Foundation, an organization meant to end abuse and homelessness for all animals.
- She was cast to play the lead in a double role in a Disney TV movie called Model Behavior (2000) opposite Justin Timberlake. Lawson shared that she was the pop star’s first onscreen kiss.
- Fans often come up to the actress and wonder how she manages to look so tall than her actual 5 ft 3.5-inch frame on TV. She stated that she usually stands on a box while sharing the camera frame with tall co-stars or wears extremely high heels.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0