|Hilary Duff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1987|
Hilary Duff is an American actress, businesswoman, singer-songwriter, producer, voiceover artist, and writer who gained popularity by playing the role of Lizzie McGuire in The Lizzie McGuire Movie as well as the show Lizzie McGuire. She is also known for her roles in shows and movies such as Younger, A Cinderella Story, According to Greta, Cheaper by the Dozen, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Beauty & the Briefcase, The Haunting of Sharon Tate, Flock of Dudes, Gossip Girl, and The Real Girl’s Kitchen. In addition to that, she has also branched out as a musician and has released albums and tracks such as Santa Claus Lane, Metamorphosis, Breathe In. Breathe Out., Our Lips Are Sealed (with Haylie Duff), Someone’s Watching Over Me, So Yesterday, All About You, and Sparks.
Hilary Erhard Duff
Hil, HDuff, Hils
Houston, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Due to her involvement in acting and show business from an early age, she didn’t go to school due to a lack of time. So, she had been homeschooled from the age of 8.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Entrepreneur, Author
- Father – Robert Erhard Duff (a partner in a chain of convenience stores in the two areas)
- Mother – Susan Colleen (Homemaker turned Film/ Music Producer)
- Siblings – Haylie Duff (Older Sister) (Actress and Singer)
- Others – Kenneth Robert Duff (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Pearl Erhard (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Clark “Sam” Cobb, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Amy Beulah Schlemmer (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to –
- Curtis Talent Management
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Teen Pop, Contemporary Pop / Rock, Pop, Dance Pop
Buena, Vista Hollywood, RCA Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Duff has dated many male personalities. The list is as follows –
- Aaron Carter (2000-2002) – The American singer, Carter dated Duff in the past from December 2000 till July 2002. The duo had appeared together in 2001 in the TV series Lizzie McGuire.
- Shia LaBeouf (2002) – After breaking with Carter in 2002, she had a fling with Shia LaBeouf in the same year.
- Frankie Muniz (2002-2004) – Muniz is an American actor who had a relationship with Hilary in the past from November 2002 until April 2004. During this period, they had an on-screen appearance in the movie, Agent Cody Banks, released in 2003.
- Jordan Masterson (2003) – She was romantically involved with actor Jordan Masterson in 2003.
- Joel Madden (2004-2006) – Another singer from the country dated her. The two separated in November 2006.
- Mike Comrie (2007-2014) – Mike, the final person, came into her dating life. He is not an actor or a singer, but a former Ice Hockey player from Canada. They began dating in 2007 and tied knots with each other in 2010. The former NHL player engaged Hilary Duff on February 19, 2010. During the same year on 14 August, the couple married in Santa Barbara, California. The couple had their first child on March 20, 2012, a son named, Luca Cruz Comrie. After three and a half years of marriage, she split with Mike Comrie in January 2014.
- Jason Walsh (2015-2016) – In August 2015, she started dating her fitness trainer, Jason Walsh. The romance grew with passing time, but in November 2016, this one also came to an end as per Gossip Cop. They are still friends.
- Matthew Koma (2017; 2017-Present) – From January to March 2017, musician Matthew Koma and Duff dated each other. Their busy schedules took its toll on the relationship. They rekindled their relationship after a small hiatus in 2017. The couple welcomed a girl named, Banks Violet Bair in October 2018. This was Hilary’s second child. Duff couldn’t say no to Mathew when he proposed to her. They got engaged in May 2019. In an intimate ceremony, the couple got married on December 21, 2019. In October 2020, she announced that the couple was expecting their 2nd child together. Their daughter, Mae James Bair was born on March 24, 2021. In August 2022, Hilary revealed that their daughter Mae had hand, foot, and mouth disease.
- Ely Sandvik (2017) – In July 2017, Hilary Duff was clicked with businessman Ely Sandvik for the first time at Malibu beach. Ely has served as the CEO of his own company SOLr Energy Consulting.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, French, and Polish descent.
Hilary’s natural hair color is ‘Blonde’.
She has dyed them in other shades such as brown, aquamarine blue, etc.
34-27-34 in or 86-68.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
Candie’s, DKNY Femme, DKNY Jeans, Got Milk?, With Love… Hilary Duff, Wrapped With Love
Best Known For
Working as an actress and singer too. She is identified by her role in the Disney Channel Original series Lizzie McGuire from 2001 to 2004. She did her role as Elizabeth Brooke McGuire.
She debuted in the music industry with her first studio album – Santa Claus Lane, released on October 15, 2002, under the label Buena Vista. It charted at number 154 in the US charts (Billboard 200) and at 134 in Japanese charts (Oricon). In the US only, it was able to sell 477,000 copies. The album consists of 11 singles with a total length of 36:41 minutes.
1998 film Casper Meets Wendy was Duff’s debut movie. It was a direct-to-video film and the prequel of the 1995 film Casper. She did the role in her debut movie as Wendy. She was nominated for the “Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a TV Movie”.
First TV Show
In 1997, she got the chance to appear in the TV series True Women, which is a mini-series. However, her role in the show is uncredited. The show is based on the 1993 novel by Janice Woods Windle.
Harley Pasternak is the trainer, from whom she takes help. She likes circuit training as it assists her to lose weight in a short span of time. In-circuit training, one goes for a series of exercises after a quick warm-up session. She performs lower body, upper body, and other exercises. Her trainer insists on total body workout/fitness. She executes deadlifts and many other exercises to achieve the desired body.
Diet has a considerable role in keeping one’s body in shape and Duff knows what to eat. She likes healthy food like salad, fish, and egg white omelet.
“I love clothes. I can’t control myself. I have a huge fetish for shoes and clothes and make-up. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t like to wear things over and over again.”
Hilary Duff Favorite Things
- Accessory – Louis Vuitton Bags (She likes to collect them)
Hilary Duff Facts
- She had taken after her elder sister (who is 2 years older than her).
- Being in the same profession, the two sisters have worked together and acted in local theaters.
- She is a big fan of Janis Joplin.
- She is a philanthropist too. In 2005, she donated $250,000 for Hurricane Katrina victims.
- “With Love… Hilary Duff” is her own perfume launched in 2006.
- She had a book-writing deal with Simon & Schuster. Elixir is the first novel co-written by her.
- Some of her studio albums – Dignity (2007), Hilary Duff (2004), Metamorphosis (2003), Santa Claus Lane (2002).
- She told Cosmopolitan that she applies a spray on her face before applying the foundation to make it glowing for the whole day.
- She played the titular character in the 2019 horror thriller film, The Haunting of Sharon Tate.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, she donated baby products to parents in need via her “Happy Little Camper” brand.
- Due to multiple COVID-19 tests she had undergone while filming the Younger series in New York City in 2020, she got an eye infection during the Christmas holidays in 2020.
- In March 2021, ColourPop released a new makeup collection that was inspired by the early 2000s series Lizzie McGuire which starred Hilary Duff.
- In August 2021, Hilary revealed on Instagram that she had been tested positive for the Delta variant of coronavirus after being vaccinated.
- In January 2022, Hilary and Molly Bernard got the matching tattoos of a Saturn on their forearm.
- In May 2022, Hilary graced the cover of Women’s Health magazine’s “May/June 2022 Body issue”.
- Hilary suffered from an eating disorder when she was a teenager.