|Molly Bernard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1988|
Molly Bernard is an American actress who came into prominence after playing the character of Molly in the romantic comedy film Pay It Forward (2000). She gained further recognition in 2015 by beginning to portray the main role of the eccentric fashion publicist Lauren Heller in TV Land’s critically-acclaimed comedy-drama television series Younger. Bernard has appeared in numerous other movies such as The Intern (2015) and has starred in a number of other programs on the small screen including the Emmy-winning Amazon series Transparent (2016-2017).
Molly Kate Bernard
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
She attended Skidmore College, earning a bachelor’s degree from there. Then she went to the Yale School of Drama where she had starred in a student production of Richard II as the leading character, having graduated from the prestigious institution acquiring an MFA in Acting.
She has also taken lessons at the Moscow Art Theatre and trained as well as performed with SITI Company. In 2014, Bernard was granted the Leonore Annenberg Performing Arts Fellowship by the Lincoln Center Theatre.
- Others – Joseph Bernard (Grandfather) (Actor, Acting Teacher)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Hannah Lieberman (2018–Present) – Bernard has been in a relationship with Hannah Lieberman, having announced her engagement to her girlfriend on Instagram, in January 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp features
- Large and expressive eyes
- Shapely lips
Molly Bernard Favorite Things
- Actress – Sutton Foster who she has admired and idolized since she was a teenager
Source – Vulture
Molly Bernard Facts
- Her grandfather was the co-founder of the renowned Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Molly has credited her deep love of acting to her grandfather, who was her best friend, and whom she started studying with when she was 6 years old. She has recalled her earliest memories of him yelling from the back of the small theater, where he used to teach class, about how he could not hear her and that she was fierce enough to speak up. Molly has affirmed that her grandfather has always been with her, even after his demise, and particularly when she has been doing a play on stage, she has felt to be in the deepest kind of communion with him.
- She has pointed out that she has found Lauren Heller to be an extremely fun character to play and her trait of loving her own self unconditionally has emboldened Molly to pursue the same kind of ferocity in her own life.
- Bernard has revealed that working in Younger with one of her all-time favorite actresses Sutton Foster, has been so dream-like, that she has often had to pinch herself, having found herself getting tongue-tied around her.
- Molly has disclosed that when she was 14 years old, she had sent Sutton Foster a handwritten letter addressed to her Thoroughly Modern Millie stage-door dressing room that had the message of how she was Molly’s hero and how she found the star to be incredibly talented. Molly had been thrilled when Foster had autographed and written her back on her headshot, thanking her and advising her to follow her dreams.
- She has stated that she has loved acting, however, if she had not decided to immerse herself into it, she may have been a civil rights attorney.
Featured Image by Molly Bernard / Instagram