|Sophie Dahl Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1977|
Sophie Dahl is a British author, actress, and former fashion model. Her books include The Man with the Dancing Eyes (2003), Playing with the Grown-Ups (2008), Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights (2009), Miss Dahl’s Guide to All Things Lovely (2010), and Very Fond of Food: A Year in Recipes (2012). She has done advertising campaigns for Yves Saint-Laurent, Boodles, Versace, Alexander McQueen, Boucheron, Pringle, Godiva, Banana Republic, and Gap. She has also appeared in television and films like The Children’s Party at the Palace, Little Fugitive, The King of Bollywood, and Revengers Tragedy.
London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- New York City, New York, United States
Sophie Dahl has studied in about 10 schools while growing up.
Author, Actress, Former Fashion Model
- Father – Julian Holloway (Actor)
- Mother – Tessa Dahl (Writer)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
- Others – Stanley Holloway (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor), Violet Lane (Paternal Grandmother) (Chorus Dancer), Charles Bernard (Paternal Great-Great Uncle) (Shakespearean Actor and Theatre Manager), Oliver Percy Bernard OBE MC (Paternal Great Uncle) (English Architect and Scenic Designer), Oliver Bernard (Uncle) (Poet and Translator), Bruce Bernard (Uncle) (Photographer), Jeffrey Bernard (Uncle) (Writer), Roald Dahl (Maternal Grandfather) (Author), Patricia Neal (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress), Chloe Dahl (Cousin), Lucy Dahl (Aunt), Luke Kelly (Younger Half-Brother), Ben Cullum (Brother-In-Law)
Sophie Dahl is represented by –
- Felicity Blunt of Curtis Brown
- Karen Diamond of Models 1
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Dahl has dated –
- Stan Collymore – Sophie is rumored to have had an encounter with British footballer, Stan Collymore in the past.
- Nellee Hooper (1997) – In 1997, Sophie had a brief affair with music producer Nellee Hooper.
- Griffin Dunne (2000-2001) – In 2000, Sophie began a relationship with actor Griffin Dunne. Their relationship lasted for a year.
- Mick Jagger (2000-2001) – In August 2000, Sophie started dating British musician Mick Jagger. However, by October 2001, the pair separated.
- James Gooding (2001) – In 2001, Sophie hooked up with British model James Gooding.
- Charlie Hunnam (2002) – From February to April 2002, Sophie briefly dated British actor Charlie Hunnam.
- Tim Jefferies (2002) – In July 2002, Sophie had an encounter with British socialite Tim Jefferies.
- Jonathan Cramer (2002) – In August 2002, Sophie was linked to artist Jonathan Cramer.
- Benicio del Toro (2002) – In September 2002, Sophie had an encounter with Puerto Rican actor Benicio del Toro.
- Daniel Baker IV (2003) – In January 2003, Sophie hooked up with Daniel Baker IV.
- Jamie Cullum (2009-Present) – In 2009, Sophie began a relationship with British singer Jamie Cullum. They first crossed paths in 2007. After dating for 7 months, the couple got engaged, and they tied the knot on January 9, 2010. They are blessed with two daughters Lyra Cullum (b. March 2, 2011) and Margot Cullum (b. March 4, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- High cheekbones
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Sophie Dahl has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Newbridge Silverware (Ireland)
- BOODLES fine jewelry (UK)
- Alexander McQueen
- Banana Republic
- Lisa Eldridge jewelry
Best Known For
- Appearing in numerous films like Little Fugitive (2006) and The King of Bollywood (2004), among others; and featuring in several advertising campaigns as its face like Yves Saint-Laurent‘s Opium perfume
- Her Times bestseller book, an illustrated novella titled The Man with the Dancing Eyes (2003), among others
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut in a comedy film Mad Cows as a Prisoner.
First TV Show
In 1999, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show So Graham Norton.
Sophie Dahl works out regularly. She practices Body Control Pilates with trainers Lynne Robinson and Katherine Pentecost regularly. Apart from that, she goes running a few times a week.
As for her diet, she admits that staying at the Ballymaloe House in Cork, Ireland, has taught her how to maintain a healthy eating habit by merely indulging in a 3 meals course of freshly prepared food per day.
Sophie Dahl Favorite Things
- Restaurants – Riva in Barnes, The River Café, The Wolseley
- Designer – Isabel Marant
- Roald Dahl Book – My Uncle Oswald (1979)
- Food – Breakfast of kedgeree
- Dishes For Autumn– Squash and parmesan soup, warm root vegetable salads, and lots of chocolate
- Quote – “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song” – Maya Angelou
- Flower – Sweet peas, Ranunculus
- Country To Visit – Japan, and Norway
- Shops – Isabel Marant, Space NK, and Pippa Small for jewelry; and La Fromagerie for cheese
- Song To Chill Out To – California by Joni Mitchell
- Scent – Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose and Gardenia, Ormonde Jayne Woman and Fracas by Robert Piguet
- Girl Crush – Penelope Cruz
- Book – I loved The Music Room by William Fiennes
- Tea – Earl Grey tea
Sophie Dahl Facts
- Growing up, she has lived in 17 different houses in many places including London, New York, and India.
- At the age of 18, Sophie was discovered by Vogue stylist/fashion expert Isabella Blow who lived in the same apartment and referred her to Sarah Doukas at the Storm Modeling Agency in London.
- In 2000, she was named the face of Yves Saint-Laurent‘s Opium perfume and her naked advertisement for the brand was banned by the British Advertising Standards Agency.
- She was the inspiration for Roald Dahl’s story The BFG (1982) as the little girl “Sophie” who befriended the giant.
- She has the greatest admiration for those who work for the welfare of children like Benita Refson from The Place2Be and Kids Co‘s Camila Batmanghelidjh; and others like Margaret Atwood and The Queen.
- Her skincare routine involves an application of Eve Lom cleanser, Jurlique rose water, and Wild Wood Groves argan oil as a moisturizer.
- Things that instantly cheer her up are her immediate family, her cat Princess, and chocolate and sea salt brownies.
- The best style advice she has ever received is to wear a good bra.
- The language she wishes she could speak more fluently is Italian.
- Her personal/style icon is the Queen because of her canary yellow worn at the Royal Wedding, and Dolly Parton.
- The one must-have thing she should have in her purse is her house keys.
- The artist that moves her the most is Matisse.
- She has a rescued dog named Jojo.
- In her free time, she likes watching old Bond films starring Sean Connery.
- She loves the crayfish salad from The Wolseley in Piccadilly.
- She has been featured on the covers of many magazines including British and Italian Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Red, Numero, Arena, and Tatler.
- As a model, she has worked with numerous photographers including Richard Avedon, Peter Lindbergh, Tim Walker, Steven Klein, and Steven Meisel.
- She has also worked as a contributing editor at Conde Nast Traveller and has written for other publications like The Guardian, US Vogue, The Observer, Time Magazine, and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Sophie supports many charities including Help Refugees UK, Place 2 Be UK, Keech Hospice Care, and others.
- Visit her official website @ sophiedahl.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sophie Dahl / Instagram