|Sean Connery Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1930|
Sean Connery is a veteran Scottish actor and producer who came to prominence with his appearance as the prominently distinguished character James Bond in 7 Bond films between 1962 and 1983. Besides that, he is also known for his portrayal in more than 2 dozen hit films including Marnie (1964), Murder on the Orient Express (1974), Highlander (1986), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), The Hunt for Red October (1990), and The Rock (1996).
Thomas Sean Connery
Big Tam, Sean, Tommy
Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
He attended Tollcross Primary School.
- Father – Joseph Connery
- Mother – Euphemia McBain McLean
- Siblings – Neil Connery (Younger Brother) (Actor)
Connery is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Connery’s name has been linked with –
- Betty Kelly
- Katherine Snow
- Carole Mallary
- Raquel Welch
- Carol Sopel (1950)
- Maxine Daniels
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- Shelly Winters (1954-1955)
- Julie Hamilton (1957)
- Lana Turner (1958)
- Joanne Gilbert (1958)
- Diane Cilento (1958-1973) – They have a son named, Jason Joseph Connery (b. January 11, 1963) who is an English actor and producer. In her autobiography, she stated that he had abused her both mentally and physically.
- Sue Lloyd (1959)
- Joyce Webber (1962)
- Claudine Auger (1965)
- Lana Wood (1971) – Rumor
- Jill St. John (1971)
- Magda Konopka (1972)
- Micheline Roquebrune (1974-Present)
- Lynsey de Paul (1989)
- Gena Rowlands (1998)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish and Irish ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- Rugged facial features
- Sports a thick beard or mustache
- A deep voice with a Scottish accent
- Thick eyebrows
Sean has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- RAS Insurance
- Jim Beam
- Level 3 Communications
- Louis Vuitton
He has appeared in various PSA’s including World Food Programme.
Sean Connery Favorite Things
- Bond Film – From Russia With Love (1963)
Source – The Scotsman
Sean Connery Facts
- His mother worked as a cleaning lady whereas, his father Joseph worked 2 jobs as a lorry driver and as well as at a factory.
- Sean was brought up in a family of religious virtue as his father was a Roman Catholic and his mother was a Protestant.
- Since his younger days, Connery was always called upon by the middle name, Sean.
- Sean started to grow when he was 12 years old and by the age of 18, he had already reached 6 ft 2 in tall. Thereafter, he stopped growing.
- In his youth, he was known as “Tommy” and during his teenage years, he started going around by the name of “Big Tam.”
- Sean was 14 years old when he became s*xually active with a woman who was part of the auxiliary territorial service.
- He lived in the Bahamas, Edinburgh, and in Marbella in the past.
- There is a gap of almost 8 years between Sean and younger brother Neil Connery who is also an actor.
- Sean had once owned the “Domaine de Terre Blanche” for 20 years before selling it to billionaire software entrepreneur Dietmar Hopp.
- The first job he had was as a milk delivery man for St. Cuthbert’s Co-operative Society.
- Prior to having entered the film industry, he worked as a coffin polisher.
- On July 5, 2000, Connery was knighted by Elizabeth II at an investiture ceremony at Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh.
Featured Image By Alan Light / Flickr / CC BY 2.0