|Raima Sen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raima Sen is an Indian actor who has mainly worked in the Bengali and Hindi film industries. She has appeared in movies like Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., Manorama Six Feet Under, Godmother, Daman, Fun2shh… Dudes in the 10th Century, Chokher Bali, Nil Nirjane, Antar Mahal, Kuch Dil Ne Kaha, Nishijapon, Dhairyam, Yatra, Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye, The Bong Connection, Eklavya: The Royal Guard, 99.9 FM, Dus, C Kkompany, The Japanese Wife, Mumbai Cutting, Notobor Notout, Teen Patti, Chitrangada: The Crowning Wish, Mirch, Baishe Srabon, Maach Mishti & More, Ami Aar Amar Girlfriends, Hawa Bodol, Ganesh Talkies, Children of War, Bollywood Diaries, Bastu Shaap, Dwitiyo Purush, Sitara, Vodka Diaries, 3 Dev, and I, Me, aur Main.
Raima Dev Varma
Bombay (later: Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
Raima Sen studied at Loreto House, an all-girls Catholic school in Kolkata.
- Father – Bharat Dev Varma (Member of the Royal Family of the North-East Indian state of Tripura)
- Mother – Moon Moon Sen (Former Actress, Politician, Member of the Lower House of India’s Parliament from May 2014 to May 2019 representing the constituency of Bankura, West Bengal)
- Siblings – Riya Sen (Younger Sister) (Actor, Model)
- Others – Suchitra Sen (born Roma Dasgupta) (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress, Padma Shri Awardee) (d. January 17, 2014), Dibanath Sen (Maternal Grandfather) (d. 1970), Ila Devi (Paternal Grandmother) (Princess of the Former Princely State of Cooch Behar), Ramendra Kishore Dev Varma (Paternal Grandfather) (Member of the Royal Family of Tripura), Gayatri Devi (Paternal Grand Aunt) (3rd Maharani (Queen) Consort of the Former Princely State of Jaipur, from 1940 to 1949) (d. July 29, 2009), Indira Devi (born Indira Raje) (Paternal Great Grandmother) (Princess of the former Princely State of Baroda) (d. September 6, 1968), Sayajirao Gaekwad III (born Shrimant Gopalrao Gaekwad) (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (Maharaja (King) of Baroda State from 1875 to 1939) (d. February 6, 1939), Adinath Sen (Maternal Great Grandfather) (Businessman), Dinanath Sen (Maternal Great Great Grandfather) (Diwan/Minister of the Maharaja of Tripura), Korunamoy Dasgupta (Maternal Great Grandfather) (School Headmaster), Rajonikant Sen (Maternal Great Great Grandfather) (Poet), Devika Devi (Paternal Aunt), Bhim Dev Varma (Paternal Uncle) (d. 2002)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Raima Sen has dated –
- Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo (2006-2007) – She was romantically involved with politician Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo between 2006 and 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Striking resemblance to her maternal grandmother
Raima Sen Facts
- Raima and her younger sister Riya both use ‘Sen’, their mother’s last name, as their on-screen/stage surname. In official documents, however, they both have been registered with the surname ‘Dev Varma’, their father’s family name.
- She co-starred as Sunita in the 2005 Bengali film Nishijapon, based on a novel of the same name by Narayan Gangopadhyay. This role won her the BFJA-Most Promising Actress Award.
- Alongside Tusshar Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Rajpal Yadav, and Mithun Chakraborty, Raima Sen co-starred as Priya, the sister of the leader of D Company, in the 2008 Bollywood comedy film C Kkompany (alternatively C Company).
- She played Ishaani in the 2013 Bengali language drama film Maach Mishti & More and this performance got her nominated for a Filmfare Award in the “Best Actor Supporting Role (Female) – Bengali” category.
- In 2021, Raima Sen appeared as Nyima in the supernatural crime thriller web series The Last Hour.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0