|Raquel Welch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1940|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raquel Welch is an American actress and singer who rose to fame with her cameo performance in the 1966 film One Million Years B.C. Although she only had a limited role in the film, images of her in a doe-skin bikini became best-selling posters across the globe and turned her into an overnight international s*x symbol. She went on to act in numerous films in the 1960s and 1970s such as Bedazzled (1967), Bandolero! (1968), 100 Rifles (1969), Myra Breckinridge (1970), Hannie Caulder (1971), and The Three Musketeers (1973). For the last of those films, Raquel won a Golden Globe Award in the category of ‘Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical’. She has also acted in several TV series, TV movies, and stage plays during her prolific career. Raquel received a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in 1994. She was included in Empire magazine’s 1995 list of the ‘100 S*xiest Stars in Film History’.
Jo Raquel Tejada
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Raquel had graduated, with honors, from the La Jolla High School in San Diego, California in 1958.
- Father – Armando Carlos Tejada Urquizo (Aeronautical Engineer) (d. 1976)
- Mother – Josephine Sarah Hall (d. 2000)
- Siblings – James “Jim” Stanford (Younger Brother), Gayle Carole (Younger Sister)
- Others – Agustin Tejada (Paternal Grandfather), Raquel Urquizo (Paternal Grandmother), Lidia Gueiler Tejada (Cousin) (Politician, First Female President of Bolivia) (d. 2011), Emery Stanford Hall (Maternal Grandfather) (Architect), Clara Louise Adams (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Raquel has dated –
- James Welch (1959-1964) – Raquel married her high school sweetheart James Welch on May 8, 1959. The couple parted ways in 1962 and got divorced in 1964. They have 2 children together – a son named Damon Welch (b. November 6, 1959) and a daughter named Latanne Rene “Tahnee” Welch (Model, Actress) (b. December 26, 1961).
- Patrick Curtis (1964-1972) – Raquel began dating film producer Patrick Curtis in 1964 and they got married in 1967. The couple got divorced in 1972.
- Sean Connery
- Joe Namath
- Adam West
- Warren Beatty
- Steve McQueen (1971)
- Elvis Presley (1972)
- Richard Burton (1972)
- Alice Cooper (1974-1975)
- Robert Evans (1976-1977)
- André Weinfeld (1980-1990) – Raquel got married to French-American film and TV producer, director, screenwriter, cinematographer, photographer, and journalist André Weinfeld in 1980. The couple got divorced in 1990.
- Richard Palmer (1999-2008) – Raquel got married to Richard Palmer in 1999. The couple got divorced in 2008.
- Gary Stretch (2003)
- Nigel Lythgoe (2010-2015)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino and White)
She is of Bolivian descent on her father’s side and English descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Curvaceous figure
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- A husky, deep voice
Raquel has served as the brand ambassador for –
- MAC Cosmetics‘ Beauty Icon series
- Foster Grant eyewear
She has been featured in the commercials for –
- Foster Grant sunglasses (Print) (1968)
- Crystal Light diet soft drink (TV)
- Lux Soap (TV)
- Clairol True Brunette shampoo and hair color (TV) (1972)
- Foster Grant sunglasses (TV) (2009, 2010)
Raquel Welch Facts
- Born in Chicago, Raquel’s family moved to San Diego, California when she was 2 years old.
- She underwent training in ballet dancing from the age of 7 to 17 but had to give up the pursuit after her instructor told her that she had not developed the perfect figure for it.
- While at La Jolla High School, she had won the titles of ‘Miss La Jolla’, ‘Miss San Diego’ and ‘Maid of California’.
- She was named after her paternal grandmother, Raquel Urquizo.
- She was placed at number 2 on Men’s Health magazine’s 2011 list of ‘Hottest Women of All Time’ and number 3 on Playboy magazine’s list of ‘100 S*xiest Stars of the Twentieth Century’.
Featured Image by Raquel Welch / Instagram