|Adam West Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1928|
|Date of Death||June 9, 2017|
Adam West was an American actor, voice actor, and director who is best known for playing the role of Batman in the 1960s ABC series of the same name as well as in its 1966 theatrical feature film (also named Batman). Until his retirement from live-action appearances, he reprised the role of Batman in many other films and television shows. Moreover, he was also cast in several other films like American Vampire, Omega Cop, Baadasssss!, Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie, Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, Ratko: The Dictator’s Son, Doin’ Time on Planet Earth, Zombie Nightmare, The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood, The Marriage of a Young Stockbroker, The Outlaws Is Coming, and The Girl Who Knew Too Much.
William West Anderson
He was born on September 19, 1928.
On June 9, 2017, Adam West died from leukemia at the age of 88 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Walla Walla, Walla Walla County, Washington, United States
Adam West studied at Walla Walla High School in Walla Walla and then attended Lakeside School in Seattle. Later on, he enrolled at Whitman College and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Literature and a minor in Psychology. At Whitman College, he was a member of the Gamma Zeta Chapter of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity.
He had also attended the University of Puget Sound during the fall semester of 1949.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director
- Father – Otto West Anderson (1903-1984) (Farmer)
- Mother – Audrey Volenne (née Speer) (1906-1969) (Opera Singer, Concert Pianist)
- Siblings – John West Anderson (Younger Brother)
- Others – Jöns Peter “John” Anderson (Paternal Grandfather), Anna Fredrika/Fredricka Gamberg (Paternal Grandmother), William Felix Speer (Maternal Grandfather), Ina E. Hunter (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth was $8 Million.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam West had dated –
- Raquel Welch
- Natalie Wood
- Lana Wood
- Quinn O’Hara
- Barbara Parkins
- Billie Lou Yeager (1950-1956) – In the year 1950, Adam West got married to his college friend Billie Lou Yeager but the marriage ended in divorce in 1956.
- Ngatokorua “Nga” Frisbie Dawson (1957-1962) – He married Cook Island dancer Ngatokorua Frisbie Dawson in 1957 and they had 2 children – a daughter named Jonelle S. Anderson (b. 1957) and a son named Hunter Anderson (b. 1958). Adam and Nga divorced in 1962.
- Jill St. John (1966)
- Linda Cristal (1968)
- Patty Duke (1969)
- Marcelle Tagand Lear (1970-2017) – In November 1970, he tied the knot with Marcelle Tagand Lear and they had 2 children – daughter Nina West (b. 1976) and son Perrin West. Marcelle and Adam remained together until his death in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Adam West was of Swedish descent on his father’s side and had English, Welsh, German, Irish, and Scottish roots on his mother’s side.
- Deadpan comic delivery
- Deep smooth voice
Adam West was cast in TV commercials for –
- Kellog’s Frosted Flakes (1960s)
- Nestle’s Quik (1960s)
- America Online (1995)
- Ziebart Tidy Car (1997)
- McDonald’s (1999)
- TV Land Television Network (2001)
- Listerine (2001)
- E-Z Link (2004)
- LendingTree.com (2009)
- Hebrew National Hot Dogs (voiceover) (2011-2014)
He also did voiceover work for radio and television commercials for White Castle Crave Clip in 1997.
Adam West Facts
- After his parents’ divorce, he shifted to Seattle with his mother at the age of 15.
- His hobbies included fishing, sailing, hiking, skiing, golfing, traveling, riding motorcycles, reading, watching movies, swimming, surfing, and dancing.
- Some of Adam West’s friends were Burt Ward, Robert Fuller, Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, and Burgess Meredith.
- On April 5, 2012, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6764 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Adam West was cremated at Hollywood Forever Cemetery and his ashes were sprinkled into the Pacific Ocean.
Featured Image by NBC Television / eBay / Public Domain