Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hayden Christensen went to the –
- E. J. Sand Public School
- Baythorn Public School
- Unionville High School
To hone his acting skills, he took a course at the Actors Studio in New York City. He had previously taken the Arts York program for drama while studying in high school.
Actor and film producer
- Father – David Christensen (Canadian communications executive and computer programmer)
- Mother – Alie Christensen (American Speechwriter)
- Siblings – Tove Christensen (Older Brother) (Actor and Producer), Hejsa Christensen (Older Sister) (Former Trampoline Champion), Kaylen Christensen (Younger Sister)
- Others – Rose Rao Schwartz (Maternal Grandmother)
Hayden Christensen is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hayden has dated quite a few celebrities. He got separated from his wife Rachel in 2017 with whom he was married for almost 10 years. Here’ the list of women he has dated –
- Natalie Portman (2001) – Hayden went out with actress Natalie Portman in 2001. They had grown close while shooting for the movie, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
- Reena Hammer (2001-2002) – Hayden started his relationship with the business manager, Reena Hammer in 2001. They dated for little more than a year before going separate ways.
- Eva Longoria (2005) – Hayden was RUMORed to be having an affair with television actress, Eva Longoria in 2005. Their affair caused huge controversy as Longoria was married to basketball star Tony Parker.
- Sienna Miller (2006) – Christensen hooked up with British actress, Sienna Miller in 2006. They had grown quite affectionate to each other while working in the biographical drama movie, Factory Girl.
- Rachel Bilson (2007-2010, 2010-2017) – Christensen first met actress Rachel Bilson in August 2006 while shooting for the movie, Jumper. They had started dating by the start of 2007. In December 2008, they got engaged. However, they didn’t get married and even called their engagement off in August 2010. But their separation was short-lived as they got back together about three months later. In October 2014, she gave birth to a daughter. However, things still weren’t smooth between them. Rachel finally decided to call it off when she found flirtatious texts between her husband and American Horror Story star Emma Roberts. It was confirmed that they separated in the summer of 2017. They, though, continue to co-parent their daughter Briar.
- Emma Roberts (2017) – Though not officially in a relationship but Hayden was cheating on her wife Rachel Bilson with American actress Emma Roberts, which eventually led to his divorce with Rachel. They had been exchanging flirtatious messages with each other. It appeared to be a short-lived interaction though.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Danish ancestry on his father’s side, whereas, he is of Swedish and Italian descent on his mother’s side.
Hayden has appeared in the TV commercials and print adverts for the Lacoste Men’s fragrance.
Also, he has starred in the print adverts for the clothing brand, Louis Vuitton.
Plus, he was cast in Rice Krispies TV spot in his teens.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) in the sci-fi action movies, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
- Having played the role of Sam Monroe in the drama movie, Life as a House.
In 1995, Hayden made his first film appearance in a minor role as a paperboy in the horror movie, In the Mouth of Madness.
First TV Show
In 1993, he played Skip McDeere in Canadian and German TV series, Family Passions.
Hayden was instructed to gain some muscle mass to look like his character in Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. To achieve those aesthetic goals, he hired a personal trainer and embarked on an intense and grueling workout routine.
As a result of his weight lifting regime, he managed to gain about 24 pounds of muscle mass in three months’ time. To complement his workout routine, he used to eat about six meals a day.
Hayden Christensen Favorite Things
- Food – Bowtie pasta with broccoli, pizza
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
- Actor – Joe Lando and Kevin Kline
- NHL Team – Toronto Maple Leaves
Hayden Christensen Facts
- While growing up, he used to play tennis and hockey.
- He has served as a ball boy at the tennis matches held during the Canadian Open. He even caused disruption in a match featuring tennis great John McEnroe as he jumped up too early.
- Hayden started his acting career at the age of 8 after he was accidentally discovered. He was accompanying his older sister who was looking for an agent and she couldn’t leave him home as there was no one to babysit him.
- To bag the role of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars franchise, he had to overcome competition from about 400 applicants and heavyweight actors such as Leonardo DiCaprio.
- The Star Wars director George Lucas decided to cast him in the role of Skywalker because of his good chemistry with Natalie Portman in the screen tests and due to his raw talent.
- In 2002 and 2005, the Teen People magazine included him in the list featuring “25 Hottest Stars under 25”.
- In 2005, he found a place in the “50 Hottest Bachelors” list of People magazine.
- In 2002, People magazine again included Hayden in the “50 Most Beautiful People” list.
- While shooting for Life as a House in 2001, he broke his hand in a freak accident. His character had to hit the wall in that particular scene.
- In 2008, he was placed on #11 on the list of “30 Under 30 Actors” by Entertainment Weekly.
- He managed to edge out Jared Leto to bag the role of Clay Beresford in the conspiracy thriller, Awake, which was released in 2007.
- In collaboration with the Canadian clothing retail chain, RW&Co, he launched his exclusive clothing line that was inspired by his farm in Ontario.
- He is an active supporter of various nonprofit organizations and was cast in Lazarus Effect Campaign, which aimed to raise awareness about the AIDS endemic in Africa.
- In 2010, he filed a lawsuit against USA Network, alleging that they had plagiarized his idea to create a TV show, Royal Pains. He had earlier met with the network to pitch TV series with a similar storyline and theme.
- After the release of Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, he took a break from acting and moved away from Hollywood as he wasn’t comfortable with the sudden fame.
- The fiercely private actor isn’t on social media.