|Melanie Lynskey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1977|
Melanie Lynskey is a New Zealand actress who rose to fame with her portrayal of Amy Minsky in Hello I Must Be Going (2012). After that, she went on to be cast as various other well-known characters such as Rose in Two and a Half Men (2003–2015), Michelle Pierson in Togetherness (2015-2016), and Shauna in Yellowjackets.
Melanie Jayne Lynskey
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
Los Angeles, California, United States
Melanie studied at New Plymouth Girls’ High School. Then, she went on to study at Victoria University of Wellington.
She had attended acting lessons with actress Sarah Peirse in the past.
- Father – Kay Lynskey (Former Nurse)
- Mother – Tim Lynskey (Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Siblings – Melanie has three younger brothers and one younger sister.
Melanie is represented by Johnson & Laird, The Gersh Agency, and
Melanie Lynskey’s net worth was $5 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie has dated –
- Andrew Howard (1999-2001) – Melanie began dating Welsh actor Andrew Howard after she met him on the set of The Cherry Orchard (1999). The couple lived together in London, England, United Kingdom, up until their relationship ended in 2001.
- Jimmi Simpson (2001-2012)
- Jason Ritter (2013-Present) – Melanie started her relationship with actor Jason Ritter in 2013. The couple developed a bond during the filming of their comedy flick, The Big Ask. They had revealed during their appearance on Hollywood Today Live in February 2017, that they had gotten engaged. Together, the couple has a daughter who was born in December 2018. They got married in 2020 after dating for almost 7 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Melanie has Irish and English ancestry.
- She mostly portrays quirky, soft-spoken and, headstrong characters.
- Pale white skin tone
- Buxom and curvaceous physical appearance
Melanie has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- One International
- Hyundai Presidents Day Sales
Melanie Lynskey Favorite Things
- Director – Steven Soderbergh
- Films – Naked (1993), Wet Hot American Summer (2001), The Piano (1993), The Piano Teacher (2001), Selma (2014)
- Authors Of All-Time – Margaret Atwood, Milan Kundera
- Films – Showgirls (1995), Blue Velvet (1986), Kicking and Screaming (1995), Naked (1993), Wet Hot American Summer (2001)
Melanie Lynskey Facts
- She had resided in England for a year before relocating back to New Zealand with her family.
- Melanie was 10 years old when she turned vegetarian. As of December 2021, she had identified as a pescetarian.
- While attending New Plymouth Girls’ High School, Melanie was involved with their department of drama.
- She made her debut theatrical film appearance as Pauline Parker in Heavenly Creatures in 1994. It was screenwriter Fran Walsh who discovered her.
- In 2002, Melanie was cast in her first TV show as Rachel Wheaton in Rose Red.
- Melanie had auditioned for the films The Crucible (1996), Scream (1996), and Cousin Bette (1998). However, she did not get the roles.
- She is friends with actors Michael Weston, Clea DuVall, Joss Whedon, and Natasha Lyonne and best friends with actress Emily Deschanel.
- Melanie named her dog Mouse that is a chihuahua-dachshund mix. Her dog was named after the character that she played in Abandon (2002).
- She was the first person to kiss actress Kate Winslet in her first film Heavenly Creatures (1994).
- Melanie is a supporter of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and The Humane Society of the United States.
- She really enjoys working with directors Noah Baumbach, Jane Campion, Michael Haneke, and Nicole Holofcener.
- Her last name Lynskey is of Irish origin.
- She had been diagnosed with misophonia in the past.
- During the 2022 Critics Choice Awards, Melanie won the award for “Best Actress in a Drama Series” for her role in Yellowjackets.
- In May 2022, Melanie won the “Best Actress in Leading Role Drama” award at the 2022 Gracie Awards.
- Melanie was offered the role of Willow Rosenberg in the drama series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. However, she turned it down and the role was eventually played by Alyson Hannigan.
Featured Image By GabboT / Flickr /CC BY-SA 2.0