|Clea DuVall Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|September 25, 1977
Clea DuVall is an American TV and film actress who was born in Los Angeles to actor Stephen DuVall and Rosemary Hatch. She became independent at a very young age and started acting when she was 18 years old. Her first appearance was in a low-budget horror film in 1996 called Little Witches. She went onto do various other small roles in shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and ER. Her breakthrough came when she played the Goth high school student in Robert Rodriguez’s directional The Faculty in the year 1998. Right after that, she did some major roles in films like The Astronaut’s Wife, Girl Interrupted, But I’m a Cheerleader where she played a lesbian character and was highly acclaimed for the same with the film being one of the favorites amongst the LGBT cinema audience. DuVall played a variety of roles in the years after that and appeared in the television show Carnivàle (2003-2005) for which she won the Creative Arts Emmy Award and also the Satellite Award nomination in the “Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film” category for her performance in Helter Skelter (2004), a television film.
DuVall has also been a part of Ben Affleck‘s Oscar-winning film Argo, based on the Iran hostage crisis. She also turned into a director with the comedy-drama The Intervention in 2016. She has won many awards including the Florida Film Critics Circle Award, Hollywood Film Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award. Other than her professional life, she is a very soft-spoken person who is independent and makes complex choices for her characters in films. She is active on Instagram with more than 150k followers.
Clea Helen D’Etienne DuVall
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Clea attended the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.
- Father – Stephen “Steph” DuVall (Actor)
- Mother – Rosemary Hatch
- Siblings – None
Clea is managed by –
- The Gersh Agency
- Ginsburg Daniels Kallis
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Clea has dated –
- James DeBello (1999) – Clea and actor James DeBello dated each other in the year 1999 and then parted ways in the same year.
- Summer Phoenix (2002) – Clea started dating actress Summer Pheonix in January 2002 and they separated that same year.
- Carla Gallo (2003) – Carla, an American actress, and Clea dated each other in the year 2003. The couple also shared a lovemaking scene in the series, Carnivale.
- Camila Grey (2005-2010) – Clea and musician Camila Grey dated each other in 2007 when Clea was doing photography for the band during Camila’s debut album.
- Ellen Page (2011) – Ellen Page is a Canadian actress who dated Clea Duvall in the year 2011. The couple decided to part ways in the same year.
She also dated an anonymous person in the year 2013 who is known to be Clea’s long term girlfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
- Soft-spoken and friendly
- Sharp facial features
Clea DuVall has appeared in a print ad for Tommy Hilfiger Clothing (1999).
She has appeared in the TV commercials for KUDOS Granola Bars and has done voiceover work for America Online Virus Protection ad in 2004.
Best Known For
Playing the role of a Stokely “Stokes” Mitchell in Robert Rodriguez’s The Faculty in 1998
She made her theatrical film debut as Kelsey in Little Witches in 1996.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Dangerous Minds in 1996 as Nina.
Clea likes to keep herself fit by doing a mixed range of workouts like rowing, weight training, and pilates.
She also follows a vegetarian diet with no dairy intake.
Clea DuVall Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi from California Roll
- Actress – Angelina Jolie, Madonna
- Band – Patsy out of L.A., PJ Harvey, The Breeders, Pixies, Geraldine Fibbers
Source – NY Post, Angelfire.com
Clea DuVall Facts
- She started acting professionally at the age of 18.
- She was a part of the film She’s All That (1999).
- Before her claim to fame, she worked at a coffee shop.
- She had worked with Katharine Towne in 3 films over the span of 2 years between 1998 and 1999.
- She practices Taekwondo.
- Her parents divorced when she was 12 years old.
- She moved out of the house when her mother remarried because she did not feel at home.
- Clea never got good marks in school as she was working all the time to support herself.
- She has portrayed various LGBTQ characters.
- She is a chain smoker.
- Clea is great friends with the director Jamie Babbit.
- She was a part of the film, The Grudge (2004) alongside Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- She loves cats.
- Clea came out as a lesbian on October 12, 2017.
Featured Image by Clea DuVall / Instagram