Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-handed Backhand)
February 17, 2009 (She turned 14 on that day)
- Father – Rick Keys (Attorney)
- Mother – Christine Keys (Attorney)
- Siblings – Sydney Keys (Sister), Montana Keys (Sister), Hunter Keys (Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 145½ lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Her father Rick is black and her mother Christine is white.
She has African ancestry.
- Front teeth
- Nose piercing
37-27-38 in or 94-69-96.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
Madison has signed endorsement deals with Nike and Wilson.
Best Known For
Being one of the youngest tennis players to win a match during a WTA tour. At the time when Keys got her first victory, she was only 14 years old. She has established herself as a very talented and passionate competitor, whose time is yet to come.
First TV Show
In 2015, she appeared in just a single episode of the sport game show Sports Jeopardy! as herself – clue giver.
First WTA Match
She played her first official WTA Tournament match against Russian female tennis player Alla Kudryavtseva at the 2009 Ponte Vedra Beach Championships.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check Madison’s most recent titles on WTA Tennis.
Madison Keys has been coached by numerous trainers including –
- Thomas Hogstedt
- John Evert
- Lindsay Davenport
- Jon Leach
- Jesse Levine
- Mats Wilander
You can check her Go-To exercises on YouTube.
Madison Keys Favorite Things
- Shot – Serve
- Surface – Hard
- Food – Ice cream
- Drink – Peach iced tea
- Actress – Julia Roberts
- Grand Slam – Wimbledon
- Movie – Pitch Perfect (2012), The Notebook (2004), We Are Marshall (2006)
- Book – The Twilight Series
- Music Group – Paramore
- Animal – Polar Bears
- Thing to Bake – M8M cookies
- Color – Blue, Black, Pink
- Singer – Taylor Swift
- Type of Music – Hip Hop, Pop, Rap, Country
- Place to Visit – Paris
Source – WTA Tennis, MadisonKeys.com
Madison Keys Facts
- Keys first showed signs of her interest in tennis when she saw Venus Williams playing in a white tennis dress.
- On February 2, 2015, she was ranked among the top 20 female tennis players in the world.
- At the age of 14, she beat Serena Williams in singles match with a score of 5-1.
- In 2011, for the first time, Keys had the chance to compete in US Open Tournament.
- She received a wildcard for the 2012 Australian Open.
- At the 2015 Australian Open, Madison played her first semifinal match in which she lost to the world’s number one (at that time), Serena Williams.
- In December 2015, Keys parted ways with her trainers Jon Leach and Lindsay Davenport.
- In April 2016, Madison started training with former Swedish tennis player and coach Thomas Högstedt.
- She can hit a powerful serve that can reach over 100 mph.
- Keys is a supporter of the legendary Swiss tennis superstar Roger Federer.
- Follow Keys on her Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.