|Ania Bukstein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1982|
Ania Bukstein is an Israeli actress, singer, songwriter, pianist, and voice actress who started her career by performing songs on the piano for a few Israeli telenovela series. She then published, in 2013, an album where all songs were composed and written by her. Ania has performed classic Israeli songs in official state and memorial ceremonies and has also presented the official Israel Independence Day broadcast. She has gone on to act in films and TV series in several languages around the world and is most well recognized for playing the role of Kinvara in the 6th season of Game of Thrones. Ania has been featured in numerous stage productions in Israel and has earned multiple accolades for her work. She has also often been roped in for dubbing the Hebrew version of numerous films and TV series including The Aristocrats (1970), Return to Never Land (2002), The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005), and the Scooby-Do animated franchise.
Tel Aviv, Gush Dan, Israel
Ania had graduated from the Thelma Yellin High School in Givatayim, Israel. She had also studied the French language, and had consequently, earned a scholarship to study in Paris.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Voice Actress
- Father – He is a doctor, specializing in neuro-oncology.
- Mother – She is a doctor, specializing in speech-language pathology.
- Others – Galit Gutmann (Cousin-in-law) (Actress, Model, TV Personality)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ania has dated –
- Ran Danker
- Dotan Weiner (2013-Present) – Ania got married to Israeli real estate developer Dotan Weiner in 2013. They welcomed their first child, a daughter, in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Petite frame
- Gleaming face
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Cryptic smile
Ania Bukstein Facts
- Born and raised in Moscow, Ania and her parents relocated to Israel in the early 1990s even as her grandparents continued to stay in Moscow. She began getting trained in classical piano from the age of just 5 in Moscow as it was a common practice in the erstwhile USSR for parents to get their children trained in classical instruments with strict discipline, from a very early age.
- However, upon emigration to Israel, she gave up her dream of becoming a professional concert pianist and started getting trained in drama and theatrics from the age of 12.
- For her portrayal of a young Holocaust survivor named Anna, in the 1994 film Eretz Hadasha (A New Country), she was nominated for an Ophir Award in the category of ‘Best Actress’. She was the then-youngest actress to earn such a nomination.
- Once she completed her high school graduation, she went on to serve as a soldier for 2 years. She was a member of the Israeli Air Force Band.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Hebrew, Russian, French, and English. She has even performed in films and TV shows in all of those languages.
Featured Image by Ania Bukstein / Instagram