|Alex Greenwald Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1979|
Alex Greenwald is an American singer, musician, actor, and record producer who is most renowned for being the lead vocalist of the rock band, Phantom Planet (1994-2008; 2012; 2019-Present). Additionally, he has also worked on other side projects such as JJAMZ (which later became known as Phases) (2009-Present) and Blackblack (2004-2008).
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Musician, Actor, Record Producer
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Pop, Indie Rock, Rock, Indie Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin, Bass, Programming, Drums, Percussion
- Epic Records
- Fueled by Ramen
- Dangerbird Records
- Warner Bros. Records
Alex Greenwald’s net worth was $5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Alex Greenwald has dated –
- Diva Dompe – RUMOR
- Kelly McKee (2001-2002)
- Taylor Hanson (2003) – RUMOR
- Agyness Deyn (2009)
- Brie Larson (2013-2019) – In 2013, he began dating the Oscar-winning actress, Brie Larson. After nearly 3 years of dating, Alex proposed to his ladylove in 2016. But, the couple called off their engagement as reported on January 10, 2019.
- Phoebe Tonkin (2020-Present) – The Australian actress Phoebe Tonkin allegedly began a romantic relationship with Alex in June 2020. Phoebe is famous for starring in the series The Vampire Diaries (2012-2013) and The Secret Circle (2011-2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Alex Greenwald has endorsed or promoted brands such as –
- Gap (1999)
Alex Greenwald Facts
- His band Phantom Planet got its name from the 1961 B-movie called The Phantom Planet.
- Alex played the role of Seth Devlin in Donnie Darko (2001), which starred Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead role. He and Jake played high school enemies in the movie, even though they are close friends in real life.
- His other band JJAMZ comprised mostly of musicians from other bands such as James Valentine (from Maroon 5), Z Berg (from The Like), Jason Boesel (from Rilo Kiley), and Michael Runion (solo). The band’s name was formed by combining the first letter of each of its members’ names. James left the band sometime prior to 2015, following which, the now 4-member group changed their name to Phases and signed on to Warner Bros. Records.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) actor Jason Schwartzman was the drummer of Phantom Planet from 1994 until 2003. Alex and Jason had studied at the same grade school and came together to form the band as teenagers in 1994.
- He has made appearances in various music videos for songs such as Don’t Save Us From the Flames (2005) and Teen Angst (2005) for the electronica band M83, ADD SUV (2010) for Uffie, Just (2007) for Mark Ronson, etc.
- Greenwald was a vegetarian for many years before turning vegan.
- His band Phantom Planet‘s breakout single was California (2002). The song became a huge sensation after it was used as the theme song for The O.C., a phenomenally successful teen drama from the early 2000s.
- Alex’s energetic dance moves at live shows were inspired by watching David Byrne and his band, the Talking Heads.
Featured Image by Justin Higuchi / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0