Maroon 5 is an internationally-acclaimed American pop group that was formed in 1994. The band has gone through numerous changes in its line-up and musical style and has sold more than 120 million records worldwide. Some of their most memorable songs include This Love, Harder to Breathe, Moves Like Jagger, She Will Be Loved, Memories, Girls Like You, One More Night, etc.
- Adam Levine – Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar (1994-Present), Lead Guitar (1994-2001)
- James Valentine – Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals (2001–Present)
- Jesse Carmichael – Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals, Keyboards (1994–2012, 2014–Present)
- Matt Flynn – Drums (2006–Present; Touring Member 2004–2006)
- PJ Morton – Keyboards, Backing Vocals (2012–Present; Touring Member 2010–2012)
- Sam Farrar – Keyboards, Guitars, Synthesizer, Bass, Sampler, Percussion, Backing Vocals (2016–Present; Touring Member 2012–2016)
- Ryan Dusick – Drums, Backing Vocals (1994–2006)
- Mickey Madden – Bass (1994–2020)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, Funk Rock, Pop Rock, Blue-Eyed Soul, Alternative Rock, Neo Soul, Soft Rock
- Reprise Records
- Interscope Records
- Warner Records
- 222 Records
- J Records
- A&M Octone Records
- Their debut album, Songs About Jane (2002) included several breakout hits like This Love, Harder to Breathe, She Will Be Loved, Sunday Morning; all of which landed on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts.
- It Won’t Be Soon Before Long (2007) was certified ‘2× platinum’ by the RIAA.
- In 2014, the group’s 5th album, V debuted at the top spot on the weekly US Billboard 200 charts.
- The smash-hit single, Girls Like You from the album Red Pill Blues (2017) received a Grammy Award nomination in the ‘Best Pop Duo/Group Performance’ category in 2019.
Maroon 5 Facts
- The band’s founding members Adam Levine, Jesse Carmichael, Ryan Dusick, and Mickey Madden initially came together as Kara’s Flowers (1994-2001).
- Adam’s ex-girlfriend Jane Herman served as the inspiration behind the songs in the Songs About Jane album.
- Their headlining performance at the Super Bowl LIII halftime show in February 2019 was widely criticized as being among the worst Super Bowl halftime shows in the history of the NFL.
- Some of the group’s musical influences are Oasis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Prince, Marvin Gaye, Justin Timberlake, The Police, etc.
- In June 2021, Maroon 5 released their 7th studio album JORDI which was dedicated to their late manager Jordan Feldstein who died in 2017 due to a blood clot.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0