|Jesse Carmichael Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1979|
Jesse Carmichael is an American musician, songwriter, and subtle keyboard player known for being a member of the group Maroon 5. He started his career as a rhythm guitarist along with Maroon 5‘s lead singer and guitarist Adam Levine back in junior high school. In college, Jesse was introduced to a number of music genres such as R&B and alternative rock. He has also given out a helping hand towards saving the world climate and putting an end to plastic.
Jesse Royal Carmichael
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Jesse Carmichael began studying at Five Towns College in New York but left during the 2nd year of college to move back to California. He and his current bandmate Adam Levine attended the same college and left together.
In 2012, Jesse left the band for almost 2 years to pay attention to his studies on music and the healing arts. Later, in 2014, he joined Maroon 5 once again.
Musician, Songwriter, Keyboardist
- Father – Bob Carmichael (Veteran Photographer, Director)
- Siblings – Annie (Younger Sister)
As a member of Maroon 5, he is represented by MBC PR (London) and Career Artist Management.
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Funk Rock, Blue-eyed Soul, Experimental Rock
Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Guitar, Programming, Vocals
- J Records
- 222 Records
- Interscope Records
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jesse has dated –
- Dawn Batson – It is believed that Jesse was dating blogger Dawn Batson in the past. The two were spotted together in a couple of pictures on social media.
- Tara Lankford – Jesse is married to Tara Lankford and they have a son named Hendrix William Lankford Carmichael (b. July 27, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Being the pianist and rhythm guitarist of the band Maroon 5
As a Musician
- In 2012, Jesse released his own extended play project titled 1863 with songs such as You Got Me, I Just Need Some More Time, and Don’t Blame Me.
- As a member of the band Maroon 5, Jesse has contributed his skills since the day the group first started playing together. He has composed many songs for the band such as Harder to Breathe, This Love, Misery, and Give a Little More.
- He has also contributed his expertise in writing music which has also been used in several TV shows and films such as ‘This Love’ for the movie ‘White Chicks’ in 2004, ‘She Will Be Loved’ for the TV series ‘Medium’ in 2009, and ‘Give a Little More’ for ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon‘ in 2010.
First TV Show
Jesse made his first TV show appearance on the late night variety show Saturday Night Live in 2004. But, his appearance was uncredited.
Jesse made his debut credited TV show appearance on the talk-show Late Night with Conan O’Brien in 2005.
Jesse Carmichael Facts
- He had spent most of his childhood in Colorado.
- He started playing the guitar with his high school friends Adam Levine and Mickey Madden.
- Jesse learned the keyboard while he was in college.
- His father Bob Carmichael takes photographs of the Maroon 5 group while they are on tour.
- Jesse along with Adam Levine, Mickey Madden, and Ryan Dusick formed the band Kara’s Flowers in 1994 which later turned into Maroon 5.
- He is a member of the Board of Directors for the Alliance for Climate Education.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jesse Carmichael / Instagram