|Taye Diggs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Taye Diggs is an American actor, theatre artist, and singer who is known for playing The Bandleader in the musical black comedy crime film Chicago, Dr. Sam Bennett in the ABC medical drama show Private Practice, Eddie Baker in the supernatural horror film House on Haunted Hill, Andre Romulus ‘Dre’ Ellis in the romantic comedy film Brown Sugar, Head Coach Billy Baker in The CW sports drama series All American, Inspector Terrance English in the TNT crime drama show Murder in the First, Harper Stewart in the comedy-drama film The Best Man Holiday, Langston Jefferson Battle III in the romantic comedy film Baggage Claim, Councilman Angelo DuBois in the musical drama series Empire, Winston Shakespeare in the romantic comedy-drama film How Stella Got Her Groove Back, and Kevin Hill in the legal drama show Kevin Hill.
Scott Leo Diggs
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Taye Diggs studied at the Allendale Columbia School and School of Arts in Rochester.
Later, he got admission to the Syracuse University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in musical theater.
Actor, Singer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Andre Young (Visual Artist)
- Mother – Marcia Berry (Teacher)
- Siblings – Gabriel Diggs (Younger Brother), Michael Diggs (Younger Brother), Shalom Diggs (Younger Sister), Christian Diggs (Younger Sister)
- Others – Jeffries Diggs (Stepfather), Olu Evans (Cousin) (Attorney)
Taye Diggs has been repped by Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taye Diggs has dated –
- Angelina Jolie – He went out with actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian Angelina Jolie in the past.
- Idina Menzel (1996-2013) – Taye Diggs started dating actress Idina after having first met her while working in an original production of the Broadway musical Rent in 1996. In 2003, they got married. In 2009, they welcomed a son, Walker. However, about 4 years later, they were at the end of their marriage. The split was amicable and they decided to raise their son together.
- Amanza Smith Brown (2014-2018) – About 4 months after his separation from Idina Menzel, Taye started going out with model Amanza Smith Brown. Their first public sighting came in April in a swanky restaurant in West Hollywood. They made their relationship public by walking the red carpet together at the BET Awards in June. However, the couple parted ways in 2018.
- CJ Franco (2021) – In 2021, Taye was rumored to be dating model CJ Franco after they were spotted together in West Hollywood.
Race / Ethnicity
Taye Diggs is of African-American descent.
- Muscular body
Taye Diggs has been featured in print ads for
- 2001 winter collection of GAP
- America’s Milk Processors’ “Got Milk?”
He has starred in TV adverts for
- Propel Fitness Water
Best Known For
- Having starred in a successful Broadway production such as Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- Being cast in the role of Terry English in the TV series, Murder in the First
As a Singer
He has done singing work for various Broadway plays.
He debuted with the 1998 rom-com film How Stella Got Her Groove Back for his role as Winston Shakespeare.
First TV Show
In 1996, Diggs guest appeared in the role of Stephon in FOX police drama New York Undercover.
Due to his busy schedule, Taye Diggs is able to hit the gym only 3 times a week and does his exercises within 45 minutes each day.
To get the most out of his limited-time period workout, he goes for circuit training sessions that are a mixture of cardio, strength training, and boxing-style drills. In case, he has some time on his hands, he tries to get more cardio work done.
Regarding diet, his diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – A green protein-rich smoothie.
- Lunch – Grilled chicken
- Dinner – Salad is the preference.
In case, he feels hungry in between meals, he likes to munch on healthy nuts. However, he is not prepared to forsake his favorite wine for the sake of his health and his buff physique.
Taye Diggs Favorite Things
- Food – Soul Food
- Style Icons – Sammy Davis Jr., Nat King Cole, Sidney Poitier
- Guilty Pleasure – The Bachelorette
- Movie – Pretty Woman (1990)
Taye Diggs Facts
- If he hadn’t become an actor, he would have loved to become a teacher as he loves to interact with young people.
- As a token of respect for his mother, he has got her initials MB (for Marcia Berry) tattooed on his left shoulder.
- He has derived his name Taye from Scottaye, which was the nickname used by his friends while growing up.
- His career got a start after he was spotted by a talent agent while participating in a showcase in his senior year at the Syracuse University.
- He was cast as The Bandleader, a shadowy, mystical master of ceremonies who introduces each song, in Chicago. It is a 2002 musical black comedy crime film based on the 1975 stage musical of the same name.
- After graduating from college, he shifted to Japan, where he performed at the Tokyo Disneyland for several months.
- In 2015, he published two children’s books – Chocolate Me and Mixed Me!, which was published by FSG and illustrated by Shane W. Evans.
- He doesn’t like the smell of beets.