|Aarti Mann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1978|
Aarti Mann is an Indian-American actress, director, writer, and producer who is best known for her portrayal of Priya Koothrappali in the popular series, The Big Bang Theory. Apart from that, she has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies like The Young and the Restless, Heroes, Leverage, The Punching Dummy, NCIS: New Orleans, Love Sonia, and I’ll See You in My Dreams.
Connecticut, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Aarti Mann studied at Shady Side Academy which is an independent preparatory school located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
Later on, she got enrolled at New York University and, interestingly enough, despite having no experience of acting in plays during high school, she graduated the university with a degree in Film Writing and Directing.
Actress, Director, Writer, Producer
- Father – He was a physician.
- Mother – Vasanti Majumdar (A graduate out of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Passavant, Physician specializing in Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Siblings – Kruti Majumdar (Older Sister) (Filmmaker), Nishad Majumdar (Younger Brother) (Journalist)
Aarti Mann is represented by TalentWorks, Talent Agency, Burbank, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 2½ in or 158.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aarti Mann has dated –
- Purvesh Mankad – She is married to Purvesh Mankad, who works in finance, and the duo parents a daughter named Nikita.
Race / Ethnicity
Aarti Mann is of Bengali descent.
- Pouty lips
- Almond eyes
Aarti Mann has done endorsement work for a couple of brands like Volvo.
Aarti Mann Facts
- While growing up, she lived in different places around Pennsylvania which included the likes of Pittsburgh, Mt. Lebanon, Wexford, and Fox Chapel.
- Her father passed away when she was in high school.
- Both Aarti Majumdar and Aarti Mann have been used by her as her professional names.
- She represents the first generation of Indian American ancestry.
- Regarding her family and her passion for acting, Aarti Mann once said, “I’m the daughter of two Indian, immigrant doctors and I have an older sister and younger brother and none of us has pursued medicine as a career. We’re all over the artistic side of things.”
- In 2000, she served as the assistant producer for the short comedy film, Loving Randy.
- She has worked as a director as well as a writer for the short film, Siempre.
- Aarti Mann made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Mirabai in the romantic drama film, The Memsahib, in 2006.
- From 2010 to 2011, she was cast as Priya Koothrappali, Raj’s younger sister who is one of the lead attorneys at India’s biggest car company, in the comedy television sitcom, The Big Bang Theory, which starred Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Melissa Rauch, and Mayim Bialik.
- Aarti Mann appeared as Waitress Amy Pavali in an episode titled The Broken Wing Job of the television action-adventure thriller drama series, Leverage, in September 2012.
Featured Image by Aarti Mann / Facebook