|Kunal Nayyar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.25 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1981|
Kunal Nayyar is a British actor who has earned fame and critical acclaim for his role of Rajesh Koothrappali in The Big Bang Theory. His comedy timing and ability to create awkward situations has served as a huge asset for the show. Apart from the popular show, he has also earned acclaim for his acting skills in an off-Broadway production, The Spoils. Kunal has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 1 million followers on Twitter.
Hounslow, London, England, United Kingdom
Nayyar lives with his wife in a gorgeous Spanish hacienda in Los Angeles. They had moved into the house, which was originally built in 1948, in 2011 immediately after their lavish wedding in India.
Kunal Nayyar went to the St Columba’s School in New Delhi. In 1999, he moved to the United States to study at the University of Portland, Oregon. He had got enrolled in a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance.
He later attended the Temple University in Philadelphia and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in Acting.
- Father – Rakesh Nayyar
- Mother – Heita Nayyar
- Siblings – Unknown
Kunal Nayyar is represented by Santa Monica-based Innovative Artists.
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kunal Nayyar has dated –
- Neha Kapur – Kunal Nayyar first met Neha Kapur, who was crowned as Miss India in 2006, in Delhi. Initially, he didn’t have any thoughts of a serious relationship and was only looking for a hookup. They were introduced by a mutual friend at the launch party of a bar. They eventually bonded over their childhood in Delhi and he spent the remaining 9 days of his India tour with Kapur. After returning to Los Angeles, he asked Neha to visit him and soon, they were living together. In December 2011, they got married in a lavish and elaborate wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
Kunal Nayyar has appeared in a TV commercial for CBS Cares.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Rajesh Koothrappali in the popular comedy sitcom, The Big Bang Theory
- Having done voiceover work in the popular animated movies such as Ice Age: Continental Drift and Trolls
In 2004, he made his theatrical film debut in a minor role in the romantic comedy movie, S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
First TV Show
In January 2007, Kunal Nayyar made his first TV show appearance in the Suspicion episode of the police procedural TV series, NCIS. However, his appearance in the show wasn’t credited.
He made his first credited TV show appearance on the popular TV series, The Big Bang Theory, in September 2007.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Kunal Nayyar Favorite Things
- Sport – Badminton
Source – US Magazine
Kunal Nayyar Facts
- While growing up, he used to play badminton for his school team.
- While studying at the University of Portland, he got enrolled in acting classes. He also acted in a number of school productions. It was during this phase, his interest in acting was sparked.
- He later attended the American College Theater Festival and it was after attending this festival that he decided to become a professional actor.
- In September 2015, he published his non-fiction book, Yes, My Accent is Real, in which he opened up about his career journey.
- In 2015, the Forbes magazine placed him in the 3rd spot in their list featuring “World’s Highest-Paid TV Actors”. With earnings of US $20 million, he was tied with Mark Harmon, Ashton Kutcher, and his co-star Simon Helberg.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0