|Sarah Wayne Callies Quick Info
|5 ft 8½ in
|Date of Birth
|June 1, 1977
Sarah Wayne Callies developed an interest in acting while she was studying in school and honed her initial skills by appearing in school plays. Later, she refined her skills at the Denver based National Theatre Conservatory. Upon completion of her studies at the conservatory, she moved to New York City and instantly got her acting career to a strong start. Sarah landed the lead role in the short-lived WB show, Tarzan, and also made a guest appearance in popular Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Over the years, she has earned fame by appearing in main roles in popular shows such as The Walking Dead and Prison Break.
Sarah Wayne Callies
La Grange, Illinois, United States
Sarah Wayne Callies went to the independent Punahou School. After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Later, she started studying at the National Theatre Conservatory and graduated in 2002 with a Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – David E. Callies (Law Professor at the University of Hawaii, Manoa)
- Mother – Valerie Wayne (English Professor at the University of Hawaii, Manoa)
- Other – Gustav E. Callies (Paternal Grandfather), Ann Dolores Blazek (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Wayne (Maternal Grandfather), Eleanor Dale (Maternal Grandmother)
Sarah Wayne Callies is represented by –
- More /Medavoy Management (Talent Management Company)
- ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency)
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Wayne Callies has dated –
- Josh Winterhalt (2002-Present) – In July 2002, Sarah got married to Josh Winterhalt in a romantic and intimate wedding ceremony. They had first met while studying at Dartmouth College and had started dating soon after. In January 2007, it was revealed that she had given birth to their daughter, Keala Wayne Winterhalt. In August 2013, they decided to adopt a son, Oakes Wayne Winterhalt.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Czech and German descent. While on her mother’s side, she has German and Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Sarah Wayne Callies has appeared in a TV infomercial for the Loreal De-Wrinkle cream.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Lori Grimes in horror thriller TV series, The Walking Dead
- Being cast in the role of Sara Tancredi in the drama TV series, Prison Break
- Having appeared in the popular TV shows such as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, House, and The Long Road Home
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in an important role in the drama movie, The Celestine Prophecy, which was based on James Redfield’s popular novel. Although the novel was an enormous success as it has sold over 23 million copies, the movie proved out to be a commercial disaster.
First TV Show
In 2003, Sarah Wayne Callies made her first TV show appearance in an episode of the comedy-drama series, Queens Supreme.
Sarah relies on her daily yoga routine to keep herself in the top shape. She prefers Hatha style yoga as it is simple and can be done almost everywhere. If she is busy with her work, she makes sure that she arrives 30 minutes early to get her yoga session done in the trailer. She also loves to head outdoors when she has some time on her hands and especially likes to hit forest hike near her home with her dog.
When it comes to her diet, Sarah makes sure that she is eating locally produced food. She has made it a habit to visit the local farm market in the early afternoon. Also, she prefers to eat seasonal produce. For her daily breakfast, she eats eggs which are laid by Rhode Island Reds that she keeps in her chicken coop. She usually tops her morning eggs with salsa or soy sauce.
Sarah Wayne Callies Favorite Things
- Movies – The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994), Gabbeh (1997), Chocolat (2000), Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter…and Spring (2003), In the Mood for Love (2001)
- Los Angeles Hotspots – The Huntington Library and Gardens, Jolly Foot, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Antaeus Theatre Company, Windows Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, Zuma Beach, Shopaholics Sample Sales
- Los Angeles Restaurants – Meals by Genet
Source – Rotten Tomatoes, LA Mag
Sarah Wayne Callies Facts
- In 2003, she decided to move to New York City in search of better acting opportunities and shortly after moving, she managed to land the role of Kate O’Malley in the CBS show, Queens Supreme.
- While growing up, she used to actively participate in the school plays.
- Her character was killed off at the end of the 2nd season of Prison Break because of contract disputes. However, the show executives had to bow down to public demand and she was brought back in the 4th season.
- Her popular character of Lori Grimes was written off the script in the 3rd season of The Walking Dead. In fact, she had convinced the show writers to kill her character off because the same thing had happened in the comic book version.
- The Maxim magazine included her in their The Hottest Women of Fall TV 2008 list.
- She got an opportunity to play the lead role in 2003 after she was cast as Jane Porter in WB series, Tarzan.
- She is a huge supporter of various charities and foundations involved in supporting immigrants and refugees. Her own grandfather was a refugee from Hungary.
- Follow Sarah Wayne Callies on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sarah Wayne Callies / Instagram