|Jake Gyllenhaal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1980|
Jake Gyllenhaal is an American actor and film producer who has gained much critical acclaim for his performance as Jack Twist in the 2005 romantic drama film, Brokeback Mountain, a role for which he received an Academy Award nomination for “Best Supporting Actor”. Some of his other popular roles came in movies like Love & Other Drugs, The Day After Tomorrow, Prisoners, Nocturnal Animals, Nightcrawler, October Sky, Donnie Darko, Zodiac, and Spider-Man: Far From Home.
Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal
Los Angeles, California, United States
In 1998, he completed his graduation from Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. Subsequently, he was enrolled in the Columbia University but dropped out after 2 years to focus on his acting career.
He would also like to finish his degree as well, at a later stage.
- Father – Stephen Gyllenhaal (Film Director)
- Mother – Naomi Foner (née Achs) (Film producer and screenwriter)
- Siblings – Maggie Gyllenhaal (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Hugh Anders Gyllenhaal (Paterna Grandfather), Virginia Lowry/Lowrie Childs (Paternal Grandmother), Anders Leonard Gyllenhaal (Great-great-grandfather), Samuel Achs (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Silbowitz (Maternal Grandmother), Peter Sarsgaard (Actor) (Brother-In-Law), Ramona Sarsgaard (Niece)
Jake has been signed to these agencies –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake Gyllenhaal has dated –
- Jenny Lewis (2001) – In the last quarter of 2001, Jake and Rilo Kiley singer dated each other. She also attended the “Donnie Darko” premiere with him.
- Kirsten Dunst (2002-2004) – The actors Kirsten Dunst and Jake dated each other from September 2002 to December 2004. They met each other for the first time via Maggie (Jake’s sister). Maggie and Kirsten did the movie “Mona Lisa Smile” together.
- Natalie Portman (2006) – Actress Natalie and Jake were RUMORed to have dated each other in 2006 for a short time.
- Reese Witherspoon (2007-2009) – Reese and Jake met on the set of Rendition (2007) but started dating in March 2007. After Reese’s divorce was finalized, she was seen more publicly with him. They finally split in December 2009.
- Isabel Lucas (2010) – Jake was rumored to be dating Australian actress and model Isabel Lucas in 2010.
- Taylor Swift (2010) – Singer Taylor Swift started dating Jake in October 2010 after meeting in New York City. They were spotted together multiple times together in November 2010. Jake is the one, who she lost her virginity to. Finally, in December 2010, he dumped her by sending a text message.
- Izabel Goulart (2011) – It was RUMORed that Jake had a fling with Brazilian model Izabel Goulart in 2011.
- Rashida Jones (2011) – Actors Rashida Jones and Jake had lunch in a Los Angeles eatery in September 2011 and hence sparked dating RUMORs.
- Anna Kendrick (2011) – Anna and Gyllenhaal were seen hanging out together in 2011 and so were RUMORed to be dating together. But, nothing serious happened.
- Léa Seydoux (2012) – The actors were RUMORed to be dating each other in 2012.
- Minka Kelly (2012) – They went on a couple of dates together around May-June 2012 and were RUMORed to be dating.
- Alyssa Miller (2013-2014) – Gyllenhaal dated American model, Alyssa Miller from June 2013 to May 2014.
- Rachel McAdams (2014) – In June 2014, Jake was RUMORed to be dating Canadian actress Rachel McAdams.
- Ruth Wilson (2015) – English actress Ruth Wilson and Jake were RUMORed to be dating in May 2015.
- Jeanne Cadieu (2018-Present) – In 2018, he started dating model Jeanne Cadieu.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Swedish, English, Swiss-German, German, Scottish, Welsh, and French descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Deep blue eyes
- Big smile
According to his fans, he wears a shoe of size 10.
He has appeared in commercials like IFC (Independent Film Channel) and “Call of Duty: Black Ops” video game.
He once said, “I am not a card-carrying Buddhist, but I do try to practice mindfulness” and he also focuses on meditating as an everyday goal.
Best Known For
Appearing in Source Code (2011), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010), Zodiac (2007), Jarhead (2005), Brokeback Mountain (2005), and others.
Jake debuted with the 1991 western comedy film City Slickers for his role as Daniel Robbins. The film’s budget was 27 million dollars but earned a whopping $179,033,791.
First TV Show
In 1994, Jake played the role of Matthew “Matt” Ellison in NBC’s police procedural TV series Homicide: Life on the Street in an episode titled “Bop Gun”.
He is one of the fittest guys in Hollywood and showed us his buffed body in 2010 via the movie Prince of Persia. For the movie, he used to do a 90-minute cardio workout by donning a 20-pound jacket (to simulate the armor of Prince of Persia). Jake also did High-Intensity Interval Training, parkour workout, and of course weight training. Get to know his complete exercise routine and diet plan.
Jake Gyllenhaal Favorite Things
- Book – To Kill A Mockingbird (By Harper Lee)
- Cartoon – Franklin
Source – IMDb
Jake Gyllenhaal Facts
- In his early life, he has also worked as a lifeguard and as a busboy at a restaurant.
- Jake had starred in the erotic thriller film “Enemy” and did a dual role.
- In 2004, he played a political activist in the “Rock the Vote” commercial.
- Jake is the owner of dogs, Atticus, and Boo. He is a big fan of the novel “To Kill A Mockingbird” and named his dogs after the characters in the novel.
- In 2006, he was included in the list of People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People”.
- His godfather was the late actor and director Paul Newman and his godmother is actress Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Gyllenhaal is the godfather Matilda Ledger (Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger‘s daughter).
- He was ranked at number #6 on “the 50 most talented, intelligent, funny, and gorgeous Jewish men in the world” list curated by Shalom Life in April 2012.
- He is very good friends with Greta Caruso who is the daughter of actor David Caruso.
- He used to have a childhood crush on actress Martha Plimpton.
- In his free time, he likes to do woodworking and cooking.