|Manish Malhotra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Manish Malhotra is an Indian model (former) and fashion designer who is best known for creating costumes for films like Rangeela (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Mohabbatein (2000), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), etc. Additionally, he is also renowned for his elegant bridal wear collections. He has more than 3 million followers on Twitter, more than 6 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Manish attended Sacred Heart Boys School in Mumbai. He also studied Arts at Elphinstone College.
Fashion Designer, Model
- Father – Suraj Malhotra (Died in 2019)
- Others – Punit Malhotra (Nephew) (Director), Karuna Dhawan (Cousin Sister), Varun Dhawan (Nephew) (Son of Karuna) (Actor)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Manish has dated –
- Karan Johar – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
Manish is speculated to be gay.
However, he has never disclosed his sexual orientation publicly.
Small mole on the right side of his nose
Manish has endorsed the following brands –
- Love & Care (Fabric Wash Brand) (2019)
- G Suite (2016)
- British Asian Trust
- Siyaram (2012)
- Alchymi By Hindware
- Vivo (2018)
- La Opala
- Angel! Foundation
- Chivas Alchemy
Manish Malhotra Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Paris
- Hotel – Four Seasons
- Cuisines – Indian, Chinese
- Perfume – Anything by Hermès
- TV Shows – Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Gossip Girl
- Street Foods – Samosa, Chaat
- Showstopper – Kareena Kapoor
Source – Outlook Traveller, Hindustan Times, Miss Malini
Manish Malhotra Facts
- When he revealed to his family that he wanted to become a fashion designer, his family’s first reaction was – “What do you want to become? Do you want to become a lady’s tailor?”
- He is the first recipient of the Filmfare Award for ‘Best Costume Designer’ for his work in the blockbuster film, Rangeela (1995).
- Manish and other Indian dignitaries like Kamal Haasan, Anoushka Shankar, Kapil Dev, Vikas Khanna, etc. were invited to meet Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace to commemorate the ‘UK-India Year Of Culture’ event in February 2017.
- He has dressed Hollywood celebs like Reese Witherspoon, Kylie Minogue, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and others. He had also created the wedding outfit of the Princess of Riyadh.
- Manish designed the Indian sherwani worn by Michael Jackson during the singer’s first visit to India in 1996.
- He has made financial contributions to numerous charities such as Pratham, Angel! Foundation, Oman Cancer Association, Save Our Tigers, Child Rights and You, Mijwan Welfare Society, etc.
- He is close friends with several top Bollywood celebrities like Karan Johar, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Urmila Matondkar, etc.
- In April 2021, it was revealed that he had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Manish Malhotra / Instagram