|Urmila Matondkar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1974|
|Spouse||Mohsin Akhtar Mir|
Urmila Matondkar is an Indian actress who is best known for starring in films such as Rangeela (1995), Judaai (1997), Satya (1998), Khoobsurat (1999), Bhoot (2003), Ek Hasina Thi (2004), and Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara (2005). She was one of the leading actresses in Bollywood (Hindi film industry) in the 1990s and early 2000s and had also acted in quite a few films in the Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Marathi film industries. She had made her acting debut as a child artist in the Marathi film Zaakol (1980) when she was just 6 years old. Urmila had also acted in TV serials such as Katha Sagar (1986) and Zindagi (1987) before making her film debut as an adult with the Malayalam film Chanakyan (1989) and the Hindi film Narsimha (1991), both of which were commercially successful.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Urmila, after completing her schooling from institutions in Mumbai, had joined the Pune University from where she had graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy.
- Father – Shrikant Matondkar (Former Lecturer)
- Siblings – Kedar Matondkar (Older Brother) (Aircraft Maintenance Technician in the Indian Air Force), Mamta Matondkar (Older Sister) (Former Actress), Pooja Matondkar (Younger Sister)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Urmila has dated –
- Mohsin Akhtar Mir (2016–Present) – Urmila got married to businessman and model Mohsin Akhtar Mir on March 3, 2016, in a private ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Indian descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Cheerful smile
Urmila Matondkar Facts
- A bright student in her school days, she had won a scholarship through a state-wide examination that was conducted when she was in the 4th grade.
- She had been nominated for a Filmfare Award 4 times in different categories – ‘Best Actress’ for Rangeela in 1996, ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for Judaai in 1998, ‘Best Actress’ for Satya in 1999, and ‘Best Villain’ for Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya in 2002 – before eventually winning in 2004 in the category of ‘Best Actress (Critics)’ for her performance in the supernatural horror film Bhoot. She was nominated in the category of ‘Best Actress’ twice more – for Bhoot in 2004 and Ek Hasina Thi in 2005 – but did not win.
- Apart from her acting skills, she is also a trained professional dancer and had served as a judge on the 2nd season (2007) of the celebrity dance reality show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa (Indian version of Strictly Come Dancing), and the competition-based dance reality TV shows Chak Dhoom Dhoom (2011) and Dance Maharashtra Dance (2012).
- She had joined the Indian National Congress, India’s oldest political party, in March 2019. Although she had joined the party just a couple of months before the 2019 Lok Sabha elections (general elections for the lower house of the Indian Parliament), she was given a ticket to contest from the Mumbai (North) constituency. She lost the election by a massive margin of more than 450k votes and had resigned from the party in September 2019, citing ‘petty internal politics’ as the reason for her disenchantment.
- She is an animal lover and has 2 pet dogs named Sheru and Zorro.
- In October 2021, it was revealed that Urmila had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Urmila Matondkar / Instagram