|Uzo Aduba Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1981|
Uzo Aduba is an American actor, producer, stage artist, and voice actor who has gained acclaim with her performance as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in the Netflix original comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black, for which she won an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” in 2014, an Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series” in 2015, and 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series” in 2014 and 2015. Her other popular role was that of Shirley Chisholm in the Hulu historical drama miniseries Mrs. America, for which she won a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie” and the Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Miniseries”. She has also played Officer Kubritz (voice) in the computer-animated science fantasy television series 3Below: Tales of Arcadia, Dr. Brooke Taylor in the HBO drama series In Treatment, and Bismuth (voice) in the animated series Steven Universe. Moreover, Uzo Aduba has been cast in movies such as Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip, Miss Virginia, Showing Roots, Pearly Gates, We Are Boats, Beats, Steven Universe: The Movie, Tallulah, Really Love, and American Pastoral.
Uzoamaka Nwanneka Aduba
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
She resides in the Fort Greene neighborhood of New York City, New York, United States.
Uzo Aduba went to Medfield High School and graduated in 1999.
She got enrolled at Boston University on an athletic scholarship and participated in track and field events. She graduated from the university in 2003 with a BA in Classical Voice and Drama.
Actor, Producer, Voice Actor
- Siblings – Obi Aduba (Younger Brother) (Professional Hockey Player), Chioma Aduba (Sister), Rick Aduba (Brother)
Uzo Aduba has been represented by –
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $1 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Uzo Aduba has dated –
- Leslie Odom Jr. (2013) – Uzo was reported to be having an affair with Broadway star actor Leslie Odom Jr. Their rumored affair was widely discussed and was a cause of minor controversy as Odom is married to Nicolette Kloe Robinson since 2012. However, these affair rumors don’t have a substantial foundation.
- In January 2016, she decided to take her High School Prom date Mark Crowley as her date to the SAG awards. She took to her Instagram to reveal that it was her way of showing gratitude as he had asked her to be his date in high school.
- Robert Sweeting (2020-Present) – In September 2021, it was revealed that Uzo had secretly tied the knot with filmmaker Robert Sweeting in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Her mother and father are from Nigeria. They belong to the Igbo community in Nigeria.
- Gapped front teeth
- Broad smile
36-30-38 in or 91.5-76-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren in the Netflix comedy series, Orange Is the New Black
- Having played the supporting role in the Ewan McGregor and Jennifer Connelly starrer drama movie, American Pastoral (2016)
In 2015, Uzo made her theatrical movie debut in one of the leading roles in the drama movie, Pearly Gates.
First TV Show
In 2012, Uzo made her first TV show appearance in the Putting on The Glitz episode of the reality TV series, Project Runway: All Stars.
Uzo keeps herself fit and in perfect shape by running. She regularly participates in the marathons. To prepare for her marathon races, she starts running long distances in advance. However, apart from running, she is not a fan of any other training methods.
When it comes to diet, she follows a healthy and clean diet. She focuses on eating a lot of protein-rich foods such as fish and egg whites, along with eating a lot of green vegetables.
Uzo Aduba Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Mushroom and cheese egg white omelet with some blueberries, turkey bacon, and a green tea.
- Lunch – Turkey sandwich and salad.
- Dinner – Salmon with roasted potatoes, and either sautéed spinach or roasted Brussel sprouts.
- Cities for Food – Cape Town, New York City, Tokyo, and Durban
- New York City Restaurant – Jane Restaurant in SoHo
- Backstage Snack – Emergen-C and String Cheese
- Summer Drink – Bellini
- Dips for Fries – Mayonnaise and ketchup
- Nigerian Delicacy – Egusi
- Movie Snack – Popcorn or potato chips
- Desert Island Dessert – Reese’s Pieces sundae with vanilla, hot fudge, peanut butter, and whipped cream
- Dream Dinner Party Guest List – Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela, and Carrie from Sex and the City
Uzo Abuda Facts
- The day she got a confirmation call for her role in Orange Is the New Black, she was ready to quit acting. She had gone through a series of bad auditions throughout the summer and on that day, had arrived 20 minutes late for an audition, which she took as a sign that it wasn’t meant to be.
- She holds the distinction of being the first actress to have won Emmy Award in both drama and comedy categories for her single role. She won it for her role in the TV series, Orange Is the New Black.
- The meaning of her first name ‘Uzoamaka’ in Nigerian is ‘the road is good.’
- Initially, she had auditioned for another role in Orange Is the New Black. However, a month after the audition, she got a call from her representative, who told her that show producers wanted to offer her the role of Crazy Eyes.
- In April 2015, she participated in the Boston Marathon in a bid to raise money for research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Having lost an aunt and cousin to leukemia, she has been active in her support for cancer-related organizations.
- She participated in competitive figure skating for 10 years.
- While growing up, she often had a hard time due to her first name as kids at her school found it hard to pronounce it.
- After graduating from university, she moved to New York City to pursue an acting career.
- In her early struggling days, she used to work as a waitress. She also took unpaid gigs in local theatres to kick-start her acting career.
Featured Image by PEN American Center / Flickr / CC BY 2.0