|Redman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1970|
Redman is an American rapper, DJ, record producer, and actor. He is known as one-half of the rap duo Method Man & Redman, alongside his close friend and rapper Method Man. The duo’s discography consists of albums and songs such as Blackout!, Blackout! 2, Da Rockwilder, How High, Y.O.U., Part II (ft. Toni Braxton), Tear It Off, Mrs. International, A-Yo (ft. Saukrates), and City Lights (ft. Bun B). Redman has also branched out as a solo artist and has released multiple albums including Whut? Thee Album, Doc’s da Name 2000, Red Gone Wild: Thee Album, Dare Iz a Darkside, Mudface, Reggie, Malpractice, and Muddy Waters. Moreover, he has been a part of various shows and movies like How High, Backstage, Seed of Chucky, Scary Movie 3, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, The Sunset Strip, A Hip Hop Family Christmas, The Return of the Living Dead, Power Book II: Ghost, Celebrity Rap Superstar, Colorz of Rage, and Wild ‘N Out.
Redman, Doc, Da Doc, Red, Funk Doctor Spock, Reggie Noble, Soopaman, Luva
Newark, New Jersey, United States
He lives in Staten Island in a house, which he dubs De La Castle.
Redman went to Montclair State University. However, at the age of 16 and in his freshman year, he was expelled from the university because of his poor academic record.
Rapper, DJ, record producer, actor
- Father – Eddie Noble
- Mother – Darlene Noble
- Siblings – Rosalyn Noble aka Roz (Sister) (Rapper)
- Others – Tame One (Cousin)
Redman has been represented by One Entertainment.
Gilla House, Def Jam Recordings, Chaos
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Redman has dated –
- Christina Aguilera – He allegedly had a fling with singer, songwriter, actor, and television personality Christina Aguilera in the past.
- Karrine Steffans – In her memoirs, the former stripper Karrine Steffans claimed that Redman had a fling with her. However, she wasn’t very complimentary of his manhood in her book.
- Redman is married to his longtime sweetheart. During the course of their relationship and marriage, his wife has given birth to 3 children – a daughter and two sons. They are also involved in raising his other two sons, who were born out of his relationship with another woman.
- Keyshia Cole (2003) – He had an affair with singer, songwriter, and television personality Keyshia Cole in the year 2003.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Asian)
On one of his grandmothers’ sides, he has Korean ancestry while he is also of African-American descent.
- Often ties a bandanna around his head
- Has a trimmed beard
Redman has appeared in a TV commercial for Right Guard (2002).
Best Known For
- Being one-half of the rap duo Method Man & Redman
- Being a member of the Def Squad in the late 1990s
- Having worked in the movies such as How High and Seed of Chucky
In 1992, Redman released his debut studio album, Whut? Thee Album.
In 1998, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Ride.
First TV Show
In 1992, Redman made his first TV show appearance as himself in the musical comedy series The Uptown Comedy Club.
Redman relies on boxing-style workouts to keep himself fit. For his boxing workouts, he regularly heads to the Gladiator Boxing and Barbell Gym in New Jersey.
He even ropes in his kids for his boxing-style workout sessions.
Redman Favorite Things
- Eminem Song – Just Don’t Give a F*ck or My First Single
- Eminem Album – The Marshall Mathers LP
- Emcees – Supernatural, Erick Sermon, KRS-One, and Eminem
- He made a cameo appearance in the 2003 parody film Scary Movie 3, the 3rd film in the Scary Movie film series.
- In his 2015 interview with DJ Booth, the iconic rapper Eminem revealed that Redman is one of his favorite rappers.
- He is very close to the members of the hip-hop group, Wu-Tang. In fact, he considers himself an honorary member of the group.
- In April 2015, Redman announced his collaboration with streetwear brand Mighty Healthy. As part of the collaboration, he has released a collection of jerseys, t-shirts along with other clothing products.
- At the age of 16, he was kicked out of the house by his mother because he was selling cocaine.
- In his late teens, he used to freestyle on the vinyl records at the house parties and parks around New Jersey and New York City.
- He was discovered by Erick Sermon of EPMD after he got impressed by his work while working as a DJ for Lords of the Underground. In those initial days, Redman lived in Sermon’s apartment on Long Island.
- While touring with EPMD, he did a variety of jobs including carrying group members’ bags when they arrived to perform on stage and performing freestyle raps during the group’s performances.
- In 2019, he made a cameo appearance in the buddy comedy film Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
Featured Image by Jim Winstead / Flickr / CC BY 2.0