|Bun B Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1973|
Born Place / Residence
Port Arthur, Texas, United States
Bun B started his high school education in 1988 and graduated in 1991.
Rapper, record producer, actor
- Father – His father served as a preacher, whose alcoholism led to his separation from Freeman’s mother when Freeman was very young.
- Mother – Worked as a private nurse for invalid patients.
- Siblings – He has a brother.
- Others – His stepfather was a janitor.
Bun B is represented by Double Dose Entertainment, Inc.
His booking work is managed by BONEafied Management.
Atlantic Records, Asylum Records, Rap-A-Lot
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bun B has dated
- Angela Walls (2003-Present) – Bun B got married to Angela Walls in March 2003. They had been engaged for about a year. Before their engagement, they had dated for about 4 years. He knew she was the one after she told him that he was her man and he felt no inclination to disagree and eventually got down on his knee. After his marriage to Angela, he also became stepfather to her two children (a boy and a girl) from her previous relationship. In 2010, he even became a grandfather through his stepson, who is a rapper and goes by his stage moniker, Young-B. He is also a member of the rap group Youngest N Charge.
Race / Ethnicity
- Loves wearing baseball caps
- Loves to wear gold chains and other jewelry
His body specifications may be
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm (via Genius.com)
In 2014, Freeman was cast in a TV commercial for Rembrandt toothpaste (alongside Marvel comics editor Sana Amanat and Top Chef winner Kristen Kish).
He has also collaborated by DGK Diamond Supply.
He was raised in a very religious household and in his early childhood days in Houston, his family used to visit the church every Sunday.
Best Known For
- Being one-half of the popular southern rap duo, UGK, which has released several successful albums including Underground Kingz, which made its debut to the top of US Billboard 200 charts.
- The popularity of his studio album, Trill OG, which debuted on the US Billboard 200 on #4 spot.
- In October 2005, Bun B released his debut studio album, Trill, which sold around 118,000 copies in the United States in the first week.
- His debut album with UGK was Too Hard to Swallow, which was released in November 1992.
In 2006, Bun B made his theatrical film debut in one of the leading roles in crime drama movie, Dominos: The Games We Play.
First TV Show
In 2007, Bun B made his first TV show appearance in the history series, Smack DVD Magazine.
Bun B Favorite Things
- Childhood Influences – Janis Joplin and Bubba Smith
- Childhood Musical Influence – KRS-One, Boogie Down Productions, EST, Ed O.G, Def Jef, and Brother J
- Food – Fried sausage and mashed potatoes
Source – NPR
Bun B Facts
- While studying in school, he often used to participate in debate events and competitions.
- Early in his music career, he and Pimp C had a lot of problems with the record label that was publishing UGK music. The record label wasn’t paying their proceeds and had even withheld their taxation documents. To sort their problem, they spoke on KBXX 97.9 The Box radio channel and told their fans they weren’t getting paid.
- He has also launched clothing merchandise for UGK.
- He has partnered with a Houston-based writer Shea Serrano, who also worked as a journalist with LA Times, New York Times, Village Voice, to release Rap Coloring Book.
- In spring 2011, it was announced that Bun B would be teaching an undergraduate course called Religion and Hip Hop Culture in collaboration with Professor Anthony Pinn. He was initially invited to speak to the class and thereafter, the university decided he was capable enough and had the requisite knowledge to teach.
- He has done sports commentary for the Comcast Sports Network. He had also hosted a talk show on the AM radio in 2012.
- Bun B has collaborated with his close friend Premium Pete Gibaldi to launch his food blog, You Gotta Eat This!
- He had to go for solo recording career after his music partner Pimp C was jailed on charges of the aggravated gun assault charge.
- While studying in school, he regularly participated in plays such as A Raisin in the Sun. He also had good grades, which led to the university scholarship offers – one for acting and another for academics. However, he instead decided to focus on rapping.
- He used to sell drugs in his youth. By the time UGK EP, The Southern Way was released, his 50% of the income was from drug peddling. However, he slowly stopped dealing drugs as his music career took off.
Featured Image by Eli Watson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0