|Bun B Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1973|
Bun B is an American rapper, songwriter, and actor best known as one half of the southern rap duo UGK (UnderGround Kingz), alongside late rapper Pimp C. Formed in 1987, the group went on to release several albums, extended plays, and tracks like Too Hard to Swallow, Dirty Money, Underground Kingz, Ridin’ Dirty, Super Tight, UGK 4 Life, The Southern Way, Banned, Da Game Been Good to Me, International Players Anthem (I Choose You) (ft. OutKast), One Day, Something Good, Pocket Full of Stones, It’s Supposed to Bubble, Use Me Up, Belts to Match, Pimpin’ Ain’t No Illusion, The Game Belongs to Me, and Front, Back, Side to Side. In addition to that, Bun B has also released many albums, extended plays, mixtapes, and songs such as Bun B Day, Trill, II Trill, Trill OG: The Epilogue, Return of the Trill, Trill OG, King of the Trill, Draped Up (ft. Lil’ Keke), Get Throwed (ft. Jay-Z, Pimp C, Z-Ro, and Young Jeezy), That’s Gangsta (ft. Sean Kingston), You’re Everything (ft. Rick Ross, David Banner, and 8Ball & MJG), Fire (ft. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, and Serani), Put It Down (ft. Drake), Trillionaire (ft. T-Pain), and Countin’ Money (ft. Yo Gotti and Gucci Mane).
Bernard James Freeman
Born Place / Residence
Port Arthur, Texas, United States
Bun B started his high school education in 1988 and graduated in 1991.
Rapper, record producer, actor
- Father – His father served as a preacher, whose alcoholism led to his separation from Freeman’s mother when Freeman was very young.
- Mother – Worked as a private nurse for invalid patients.
- Siblings – He has a brother.
- Others – His stepfather was a janitor.
Bun B has been represented by Double Dose Entertainment, Inc.
His booking work has been managed by BONEafied Management.
Atlantic Records, Asylum Records, Rap-A-Lot, Double Dose, II Trill, Universal Motown Records, Warner Bros., Jive Records
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bun B has dated –
- Angela Walls (2003-Present) – Bun B got married to Angela Walls in March 2003. They had been engaged for about a year. Before their engagement, they had dated for about 4 years. He knew she was the one after she told him that he was her man and he felt no inclination to disagree and eventually got down on his knee. After his marriage to Angela, he also became stepfather to her two children (a boy and a girl) from her previous relationship. In 2010, he even became a grandfather through his stepson, who is a rapper and goes by his stage moniker, Young-B. He is also a member of the rap group Youngest N Charge.
Race / Ethnicity
- Loves wearing baseball caps
- Loves to wear gold chains and other jewelry
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm (via Genius.com)
In 2014, Freeman was cast in a TV commercial for Rembrandt toothpaste (alongside Marvel comics editor Sana Amanat and Top Chef winner Kristen Kish).
He has also collaborated with DGK Diamond Supply.
He was raised in a very religious household and in his early childhood days in Houston, his family used to visit the church every Sunday.
Best Known For
- Being one-half of the popular southern rap duo, UGK, which has released several successful albums including Underground Kingz, which made its debut at the top of the US Billboard 200 charts
- The popularity of his studio album, Trill OG, which debuted on the US Billboard 200 at the #4 spot
- In October 2005, Bun B released his debut studio album, Trill, which sold around 118,000 copies in the United States in the first week.
- His debut album with UGK was Too Hard to Swallow, which was released in November 1992.
In 2006, Bun B made his theatrical film debut in one of the leading roles in the crime drama movie, Dominos: The Games We Play.
First TV Show
In 2007, Bun B made his first TV show appearance in the history series, Smack DVD Magazine.
Bun B Favorite Things
- Childhood Influences – Janis Joplin and Bubba Smith
- Childhood Musical Influence – KRS-One, Boogie Down Productions, EST, Ed O.G, Def Jef, and Brother J
- Food – Fried sausage and mashed potatoes
Source – NPR
Bun B Facts
- While studying in school, he often used to participate in debate events and competitions.
- Early in his music career, he and Pimp C had a lot of problems with the record label that was publishing UGK music. The record label wasn’t paying their proceeds and had even withheld their taxation documents. To sort out their problem, they spoke on KBXX 97.9 The Box radio channel and told their fans they weren’t getting paid.
- He has also launched clothing merchandise for UGK.
- He has partnered with Houston-based writer Shea Serrano, who also worked as a journalist with LA Times, New York Times, and Village Voice, to release Rap Coloring Book.
- In spring 2011, it was announced that Bun B would be teaching an undergraduate course called Religion and Hip Hop Culture in collaboration with Professor Anthony Pinn. He was initially invited to speak to the class and thereafter, the university decided he was capable enough and had the requisite knowledge to teach.
- He has done sports commentary for the Comcast Sports Network. He had also hosted a talk show on the AM radio in 2012.
- Bun B has collaborated with his close friend Premium Pete Gibaldi to launch his food blog, You Gotta Eat This!
- He had to go for a solo recording career after his music partner Pimp C was jailed on charges of an aggravated gun assault charge.
- While studying in school, he regularly participated in plays such as A Raisin in the Sun. He also had good grades, which led to the university scholarship offers – one for acting and another for academics. However, he instead decided to focus on rapping.
- He used to sell drugs in his youth. By the time UGK’s EP, The Southern Way was released, 50% of his income was from drug peddling. However, he slowly stopped dealing drugs as his music career took off.
Featured Image by Eli Watson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
He’s not large.
I don’t know for sure.