|Keyshia Cole Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1981|
Keyshia Cole is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, businessperson, and TV personality, best known for her music career that resulted in 7 studio albums between 2005 and 2017. Her career skyrocketed with her debut studio album The Way It Is (2005), which debuted at the 6th spot on the US Billboard 200 list. It consisted of 12 singles, out of which 6 – Never, I Changed My Mind, (I Just Want It) To Be Over, Love, You’ve Changed and I Should Have Cheated were the most notable. 2 years later, Keyshia released Just Like You, her 2nd studio album, and a year later A Different Me (2008). In 2010, Calling All Hearts was released, after which Woman To Woman (2012), Point of No Return (2014), and 11:11 Reset (2017) followed. Keyshia is also known as the star of reality TV series Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is (2006-2008), Keyshia and Daniel: Family First (2012), and Keyshia Cole: All In that premiered in 2015.
Keyshia Myeshia Johnson
Keyshia Cole, Keysha, Keisha, Keyshia Cole-Gibson
Oakland, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Keyshia attended Fremont High School in Oakland, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Business Person, TV Personality
- Father – Leon Cole (Adoptive), Virgin Hunter (Biological) (Boxing Trainer)
- Mother – Yvonne Cole (Adoptive) (Pastor), Francine “Frankie” Lons (Biological)
- Siblings – Sean “Nutt-So” Cole (Brother), Neffeteria Pugh (Older Biological Sister). She has 5 other biological brothers and sisters.
Keyshia Cole is represented by Michael Madison at Michael Madison Entertainment (Manager) in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States, and Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
R&B, Hip Hop Soul, Soul
- Interscope Geffen A&M Records
- Universal Music Group
- Imani Entertainment Group
- Epic Records
- Sony Music Entertainment (SME)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keyshia Cole has dated –
- Chink Santana (2003-2005) – Keyshia was in a relationship with music producer Chink Santana for around 2 years, between May 2003 and June 2005.
- The Game (2005) – She dated the rapper for a few months in 2005, from July to November.
- Jeezy (2005-2007) – In November 2005, Keyshia began dating rapper Jeezy. They were in a relationship for around 2 years, up until October 2007.
- DeShawn Stevenson (2008) – She had a relationship with basketball player DeShawn Stevenson for a few months in 2008, between February and August.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2008) – The same year, Keyshia met the well-known boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. at his birthday party in February 2008, and it seemed that they dated until September 2008, even though she was supposedly in a relationship with the basketballer.
- Maino (2009) – She had a very brief encounter with rapper Maino in April 2009. Her manager later stated that it was nothing but a rumor.
- Daniel Gibson (2009-2013) – In May 2009, Keyshia stated dating the former NBA player Daniel Gibson, and a few months down the road, on January 1, 2010, the pair got engaged. Their son, Daniel Hiram Gibson, Jr. who they called DJ, was born on March 2, 2010. The pair got married on May 21, 2011, and a few months later, renewed their wows in a luxurious destination – Hawaii. Their wedding was filmed and released on a TV reality show Keyshia and Daniel: Family First that aired in 2012. However, marriage issues started occurring later on, and they broke up around September 2013. In an interview in March 2014, Keyshia confirmed they were broken but said they still weren’t divorced. In April 2017, both of them announced that they were getting an official divorce.
- Mr. Ruggs (2013-2014) – Keyshia dated social media star Mr. Ruggs from September 2013 to February 2014.
- Baby aka Birdman (2014) – They were an item from early 2014 to September of the same year. While they were dating, Keyshia allegedly attacked another woman, Sabrina Mercadel, who was at the Birdman’s house and was facing a $4 million lawsuit and received a $100,000 settlement for not appearing in court to face assault charges in 2017.
- Shad Moss (2016) – For a few months, between January and March 2016, Keyshia dated the well-known rapper Shad Moss.
- Niko Khale (2017-Present) – In November 2017, she started dating rapper Niko Khale. In July 2018, Keyshia uploaded an Instagram post that has since been deleted, saying that she was pregnant in her new clothes. She never clarified who the father was, but since she was dating Niko at the time, it was highly likely him.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’, ‘Dark Brown’, ‘Red’, and ‘Light Brown’ in the past.
- Multiple visible tattoos
- Fuller Lips
Keyshia Cole has endorsed Fashionnova brand, as well as her own shoe collection with fashion designer Steve Madden that consisted of wedges, boots, and high heels.
Best Known For
- Her studio albums The Way It Is (2005), Just Like You (2007), A Different Me (2008), Calling All Hearts (2010), Woman to Woman (2012), Point of No Return (2014), and 11:11 Reset (2017)
- Starring in the reality TV series that followed her life – Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is (2006-2008), Keyshia and Daniel: Family First (2012), and Keyshia Cole: All In that premiered in 2015
Keyshia Cole released her debut studio album titled The Way It Is on June 21, 2005, consisting of 12 tracks. The album debuted at the 6th spot on the Billboard 200 chart, and sold 89,000 copies the 1st week. In 2009, the album was certified “Platinum” by RIAA and by 2012 had more than 2 million copies sold worldwide. The single Love, which was considered her breakthrough single by the critics, was released on January 6, 2006. It reached top spot at the US Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and was also certified “Platinum” by RIAA.
She made her feature film debut in Jack Boyz in 2019.
As a voice actress, Keyshia Cole made her theatrical film debut as the voice for Cinderella in the animated film Charming in 2018.
First TV Show
Keyshia Cole made her first TV show appearance as a guest in an episode titled Nina Sky/Mishon/Keyshia Cole of the pop music dance show Soul Train in 2004.
Keyshia Cole Facts
- Her name is pronounced KEE-sha.
- Her mom was a drug addict and turned to prostitution to support her bad habits, which meant she wasn’t present in Keyshia’s life, mostly due to jail time, which led to Keyshia being placed in foster care at the age of 2 and later adopted.
- Keyshia met her biological father in 2016 after a paternity test confirmed it was a boxing trainer named Virgil Hunter.
- Keyshia’s sister, Neffeteria, was r*ped by a home invader in her youth, which later made her turn to alcoholism. Keyshia believed that her cousin, Andre, who was 9 at the time, was forced to watch, which led to him committing suicide due to the trauma he endured.
- Her adoptive mother was a pastor, which deterred her from going into a life of alcoholism, crime, and despair. She said that God was with her every step of the way which prevented her from making the wrong decision.
- Keyshia met the well-known rapper MC Hammer when she was 12, who was an Oakland, California native just like her. She kept bugging him with phone calls, after which he allowed her to sing back-up vocals on his song I’m Just a Kid, even though the recording was never released.
- When she was 18, she met the well-known rappers Tupac Shakur and Suge Knight. At the time of Tupac’s murder in 1996, she was in at Suge’s home in Las Vegas.
- In her late teenage years, she worked at a hair salon and in a coffee shop to support herself.
- Keyshia got her own label titled Imani Entertainment, among the Universal Music Group media conglomerate, to focus on R&B.
- She has more than 10 tattoos, some of which are words “Truly Blessed” on her left shoulder, her own initials “KC” on her left wrist, a teddy bear on her right ankle, her son’s name “Daniel Jr” with hearts located on her left forearm, and many others.
- Keyshia is good friends with Monica Arnold, simply known as Monica, a well-known R&B singer.
- Her voice is described as “a muscular punch of soul, a hard character of hip hop, and flexible range of R&B”, as well as containing a “smoky flavor, and a husky texture.”
- Her mentor, Tupac Shakur, who believed in her, and said she would have a successful career, was her biggest inspiration growing up.
- Keyshia cites other musical inspirations to be Mary J. Blige, R&B singers Monica and Brandy, Anita Baker, a well-known artist from the 1980s, as well as Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, and hip hop duo Kid ‘n Play.
- Her 2nd studio album, Just Like You (2007) was her highest-selling album as of 2019.
- Her 5th album, Woman to Woman (2012) featured artists Robin Thicke, Lil Wayne, Ashanti, Meek Mill, and Elijah Blake.
- Keyshia’s 6th album, Point of No Return, released in October 2014, was one of her lowest-selling albums and managed to sell only 45,000 copies the 1st week. It featured artists such as Future, DJ Mustard, Juicy J, Gavyn Rhone, and Faith Evans, and August Alsina.
- She was nominated for a Grammy Award 4 times as of 2019.
- Visit her official website @ www.keyshiacole.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Spotify, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Keyshia Cole / Twitter