|Ja Rule Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 29, 1976|
Ja Rule is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, voice actor, and producer who has released several albums including Venni Vetti Vecci, R.U.L.E., Pain Is Love, The Last Temptation, Pain Is Love 2, Rule 3:36, and Blood in My Eye. In addition to that, he has also been a part of numerous shows and movies like Scary Movie 3, Da Hip Hop Witch, Turn It Up, The Fast and the Furious, MadTV, Backstage, Half Past Dead, Pauly Shore Is Dead, The Cookout, Shall We Dance, Assault on Precinct 13, Back in the Day, South Beach, Don’t Fade Away, Furnace, Wrong Side of Town, Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn, LA Ink, I’m in Love with a Church Girl, First Take, Follow the Rules, Broke Ass Game Show, and Growing Up Hip Hop: New York.
Jeffrey Bruce Atkins
Ja Rule, Loki, Jah
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Ja Rule was enrolled at the Public School 134 in Hollis. However, after he repeatedly got into fights and trouble, her mother got him transferred to Middle School 172 in Glen Oaks. In February 2012, he passed his General Educational Development (GED) certification exams.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Mother – Debra Atkins (Healthcare Worker)
- Siblings – Her mother gave birth to a stillborn baby, Kristen.
Ja Rule has been represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
Hip hop, pop-rap, East Coast hip hop, gangsta rap, hardcore hip hop, political hip hop
Mpire Music Group, Fontana Distribution, Def Jam, Murder Inc. Records
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ja Rule has dated –
- Bella Montana – He once hooked up with glamor model Bella Montana.
- Mimi Faust – He previously had a fling with reality television personality Mimi Faust.
- Denyce Lawton – Ja Rule was romantically involved with actor and model Denyce Lawton in the past.
- Karrine Steffans – In her book The Vixen Diaries, Karrine Steffans revealed that she had a five-day-long fling with Ja Rule. To remember the time they had spent together, she took her sock. She also included complementary information about his manhood and his performance in the bed. She called his wife a ‘gullible dope.’
- Aisha Atkins (2001-Present) – When Ja Rule first met Aisha Atkins in high school, she was just 14 years old. Soon after, they got into a relationship. As per Aisha, she lost her virginity to Ja Rule. In 1995, she gave birth to a daughter, Brittany, followed by son Jeffrey Jr. in 2000. In April 2001, they formalized their relationship by getting married. In 2005, they welcomed their second son, Jordan. Throughout their relationship, they had to tackle their fair share of problems ranging from claims that Ja Rule is gay to rumors that he had cheated on his wife.
- Christina Milian (2000) – Ja Rule was RUMORed to have hooked up with singer Christina Milian in 2000. They had got close after she worked on his single, Between Me and You.
- Keyshia Cole (2003) – In February 2003, he had an affair with singer, songwriter, and television personality Keyshia Cole.
- Jaid Barrymore (2005) – It was RUMORed that Ja Rule hooked up with actor Jaid Barrymore in the year 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American origin.
Numerous body tattoos
Ja Rule has starred in the TV adverts for –
- Foot Locker
- Steve Madden
- American hip hop apparel brand, FUBU
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with leading singers such as Jennifer Lopez and Christiana Milian
- His highly publicized fights with the famous rappers Eminem and 50 Cent
In June 1999, he released his debut studio album, Venni Vetti Vecci, which went #1 on the Top US R&B Albums list.
Ja Rule made his first film appearance as David ‘Gage’ Williams in the 2000 action film Turn It Up.
First TV Show
In 2002, Ja Rule was seen as himself in the comedy sketch series, Mad TV.
After getting into his 30s, Ja Rule adopted a more disciplined fitness regime to take care of his body. He was working in the gym regularly, focussing on multiple body parts in a single session, and also tried to limit his smoking habit.
Even, his stint in the prison didn’t deter him from working out. In fact, behind the prison bars, he upped his workout intensity and made sure he was spending a majority of his time pounding iron. He also tried to eat a lot of protein in the form of salmon to supplement his workout regime.
Ja Rule Favorite Things
- Prison Food – Doritos with chicken Ramen noodles
Source – Uproxx
Ja Rule Facts
- He got his performance moniker by partially combining the initials of his real name (Jeffrey Atkins) for the first part (Ja). The second part ‘Rule’ was suggested by his friend.
- While growing up, he was a Jehovah’s Witness and went door to door to seek new members for the church. However, by the age of 12, he had gotten tired of the strict rituals and rules of the religion.
- To earn some easy money, he started selling crack at the age of 14 and continued to do so until he secured a contract with Def Jam. He wanted to secure his career in music and getting arrested would have created problems.
- He has got Kristen tattooed in honor of his baby sister, who died in his mother’s womb.
- In 2014, the Harper Collins publishing house released his autobiography Unruly: The Highs and Lows of Becoming a Man.
- In association with fellow hip-hop star Irv Gotti, he released an exclusive urban clothing line named, ErvinGeoffrey.
- He was arrested with an accomplice in July 2004 on the charges of marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license.
- In December 2010, he pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted possession of a weapon in relation to his arrest at a concert in July 2007. He was eventually handed down a two-year prison term.
- In July 2011, he was handed down an additional jail sentence of 28 months, which was to be served along with his earlier sentence, for having failed to pay taxes from 2004 to 2006.
- Ja Rule started his own liquor company by the name of The Mojito in 2006.
- In August 2015, he joined hands with footwear mogul Steve Madden to launch his line of sneakers titled Maven x Madden.