Kareena Randhir Kapoor
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kareena Kapoor did schooling from Jamnabai Narsee in Mumbai and then Welham Girls Boarding School in Dehradun. Kareena studied commerce for 2 years at Mithibai College in Mumbai. She also registered for a three-month summer course in microcomputers at Harvard University in the United States.
After a year at the Government Law College in Mumbai, she realized Bollywood was her calling.
Film Actress and Model
- Father – Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Babita (née Shivdasani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Karisma Kapoor (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Raj Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Filmmaker, Actor), Hari Shivdasani (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Rishi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Prithviraj Kapoor (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Actor), Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Actor)
Her publicist is Raindrop Media Pvt. Ltd.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saif Ali Khan. She has earlier dated Shahid Kapoor also.
Kareena Kapoor married her beloved, Saif Ali Khan on October 16, 2012, after starting dating in 2007. This was announced through Twitter by Saif’s sister, Soha Ali Khan. The couple gave the party at Pataudi Palace (their ancestral house) in Pataudi, Haryana, India.
Kareena and Saif Ali Khan welcomed their first child, son Taimur Ali Khan in December 2016 who took birth at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Sindhi and British descent on her mom’s side.
QMobile (2013) (Pakistan Mobile Phone Brand), Boro Plus, Limca (2013), Lakme Reinvent (2013), Garnier, Lavie Handbags, Sony Vaio Laptops, Lakme Poptints, Malabar Gold and Diamonds, Globus Clothing (2007-2012)
36-26-34 in or 91.5-66-86 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Best Known For
Her fashion style and her film roles
Refugee in 2000 for her role as Nazneen “Naaz” Ahmed, for which she won Filmfare Best Female Debut Award
Payal Gidwani (Kareena mainly learns Yoga from Payal with an emphasis on Suryanamaskar).
Kareena Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Movies – Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961), Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (1958), Love Story (1970), Ben Hur (1959). She mainly likes old movies.
- Favorite Food – Chinese, Italian, and Thai
- Favorite Perfume – Jean Paul Gaultier
- Favorite Sport – Swimming
- Favorite Color – Red and Black
- Favorite Music – Sixties’ songs
- Favorite Actress – Babita, Nargis, Karishma Kapoor
- Favorite Actor – Shahrukh Khan
- Favorite Location – London
Kareena Kapoor Facts
- Kareena was inspired by Bollywood actresses like Nargis and Meena Kumari as well as her older sister Karisma Kapoor.
- Kareena loves horseback riding and cooking.
- Kareena Kapoor is no longer in size zero but her size zero inspired many others including Ileana D’Cruz (Indian Actress) to head towards size zero.
- In 2012, she revealed that her grandfather Raj Kapoor used to love Karisma Kapoor (Kareena’s older sister) more than her. During summers, he would end up giving two mangoes to Karisma and just one to Kareena. Also, both Raj Kapoor and Karisma had blue eyes. So, it was a biased love.
- Kapoor’s wax statue was also made in the past and kept at the famous London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She is not on social media, but you may want to follow her Twitter fan account.
Featured Image by Bollywood Dreamz / Wikipedia / CC-By-SA-3.0