|Kareena Kapoor Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1980|
|Spouse||Saif Ali Khan|
Kareena Kapoor Khan is an Indian actress who had primarily worked in Hindi films. The movie runs in her blood, she is the 4th generation of the Kapoor family to be in the industry, establishing herself as the most sought after actress. Kareena is known for her assertive and outspoken nature. She is popular mostly for breaking the stereotypes and setting new standards with her size zero figure which became the rage of the country and her most talked about pout which again became a trend followed by girls. She awed her fans and the media by shedding her postpartum weight immediately after the birth of her son Taimur which became the most covered story of the media at that time.
In addition, Kapoor is a host too, has hosted a radio show and has co-written three books: an autobiographical memoir and two nutrition guides. She launched her own line of clothing and cosmetics for women in 2018. She knows she can be an example for others and thus had associated herself with many charities and had addressed people on issues like hygiene and girl’s education. She has spent more than two decades in the industry and has carved a niche for herself which would be difficult for others to duplicate.
Kareena Randhir Kapoor
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kareena Kapoor did schooling from Jamnabai Narsee in Mumbai and then Welham Girls Boarding School in Dehradun. Kareena studied commerce for 2 years at Mithibai College in Mumbai. She also registered for a three-month summer course in microcomputers at Harvard University in the United States.
After a year at the Government Law College in Mumbai, she realized Bollywood was her calling.
Film Actress and Model
- Father – Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Babita (née Shivdasani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Karisma Kapoor (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Raj Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Filmmaker, Actor), Hari Shivdasani (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor), Rishi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Prithviraj Kapoor (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Actor), Dewan Basheswarnath Kapoor (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (Actor), Sanjay Kapoor (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Shaira Kapoor (Cousin) (Production Designer in Bombay Velvet), Pooja Desai (Cousin) (Assistant Director – Dhoom 2 and Om Shanti Om), Sharmila Tagore (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Soha Ali Khan (Sister-in-law) (Actress), Kunal Khemu (Brother-in-law) (Actor), Sara Ali Khan (Stepchild) (Actress), Ibrahim Ali Khan (Stepson)
Her publicist is Raindrop Media Pvt. Ltd.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saif Ali Khan. She has earlier dated Shahid Kapoor also.
Kareena Kapoor married her beloved, Saif Ali Khan on October 16, 2012, after starting dating in 2007. This was announced through Twitter by Saif’s sister, Soha Ali Khan. The couple gave the party at Pataudi Palace (their ancestral house) in Pataudi, Haryana, India.
Kareena and Saif Ali Khan welcomed their first child, son Taimur Ali Khan in December 2016 who took birth at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai. The couple’s second child, a son was born in February 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Sindhi and British descent on her mom’s side.
QMobile (2013) (Pakistan Mobile Phone Brand), Boro Plus, Limca (2013), Lakme Reinvent (2013), Garnier, Lavie Handbags, Sony Vaio Laptops, Lakme Poptints, Malabar Gold and Diamonds, Globus Clothing (2007-2012), Puma (2021).
36-26-34 in or 91.5-66-86 cm
10 (US) or 42 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Best Known For
Her fashion style and her film roles
Refugee in 2000 for her role as Nazneen “Naaz” Ahmed, for which she won Filmfare Best Female Debut Award
Payal Gidwani (Kareena mainly learns Yoga from Payal with an emphasis on Suryanamaskar).
Kareena Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Movies – Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961), Cat On A Hot Tin Roof (1958), Love Story (1970), Ben Hur (1959). The Bridges of Madison County (1995), Titanic (1997), Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), and Prem Rog (1982). She mainly likes old movies.
- Favorite Food – Chinese, Italian, and Thai
- Favorite Perfume – Jean Paul Gaultier
- Favorite Sport – Swimming
- Favorite Color – Red and Black
- Favorite Music – Sixties’ songs
- Favorite Actress – Babita, Nargis, Karishma Kapoor
- Favorite Actor – Shahrukh Khan
- Favorite Location – London
Kareena Kapoor Facts
- Kareena was inspired by Bollywood actresses like Nargis and Meena Kumari as well as her older sister Karisma Kapoor.
- Kareena loves horseback riding and cooking.
- She was initially engaged to the son of producer Pahlaj Nihalani, Vishal (Vicky).
- Kareena Kapoor is no longer in size zero but her size zero inspired many others including Ileana D’Cruz (Indian Actress) to head towards size zero.
- She was initially offered a role in Bride & Prejudice (2004) which she turned down.
- She chose not to be friends with Konkona Sen Sharma on the sets of 2006 movie Omkara.
- In 2012, she revealed that her grandfather Raj Kapoor used to love Karisma Kapoor (Kareena’s older sister) more than her. During summers, he would end up giving two mangoes to Karisma and just one to Kareena. Also, both Raj Kapoor and Karisma had blue eyes. So, it was a biased love.
- She was the first choice for the movies Ram-Leela and Chennai Express which she turned down due to her tight schedule.
- She was the first Indian actress to appear on CNNGo’s list of “Who Mattered Most in India”, and was chosen by Verve for its list of most powerful women of India from 2008–2013 and in 2016.
- She has been called Asia’s Sexiest Woman (2011) and Asia’s Hottest Woman (2012) by Eastern Eye and Indian Maxim.
- Actress Amrita Arora is her best friend and she considers actress Esha Doel her good friend. In 2019, she found her new friend in Priyanka Chopra.
- Kapoor’s wax statue was also made in the past and kept at the famous London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She is not on social media.