|Karishma Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1974|
Karishma Kapoor is an Indian actress who is best known for her successful career in the Hindi films and for being a member of the “Kapoor” family. She has appeared in a variety of films such as Prem Qaidi, Nishchaiy, Muqabla, Prem Shakti, Raja Babu, Andaz Apna Apna, Coolie No.1, Gopi Kishan, Raja Hindustani, Hero No. 1, Dil To Pagal Hai, Biwi No.1, Hum Saath-Saath Hain, Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Fiza, Bombay Talkies, Om Shanti Om, Mere Jeevan Saathi, and many more. For her acting skills, she has been honored with numerous awards such as the Filmfare Award, National Film Award, Zee Cine Award, and IIFA Award.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Karishma went to Cathedral and John Connon School in Mumbai, Maharashtra until the sixth standard. She also went to Sophia College For Women (affiliated to University of Mumbai) in Mumbai.
- Father – Randhir Kapoor (Actor)
- Mother – Babita (Actress)
- Siblings – Kareena Kapoor (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Raj Kapoor (Grandfather) (Actor and filmmaker), Prithviraj Kapoor (Great- Grandfather) (Actor), Ranbir Kapoor (First Cousin) (Actor), Sasha Agha (Second Cousin) (Actress)
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Karishma Kapoor dated –
- Ajay Devgn (1992-1995) – From 1992 to 1995, she was in a relationship with the action hero, Ajay Devgn and her Jigar co-star.
- Abhishek Bachchan (2000-2003) – Karishma Kapoor started dating Abhishek Bachchan and their engagement was announced in October 2002 during Amitabh Bachchan’s birthday party. But, the engagement ended, when the couple separated in February 2003.
- Akshaye Khanna – Karishma reportedly dated actor Akshaye Khanna in the past.
- Sunjay Kapur (2003-2012) – She married an industrialist Sunjay Kapur on 29 September 2003. He is the CEO of Sixt India, a car rental company. Sunjay is Sikh, and so she married in a Sikh wedding ceremony. Karishma gave birth to her first child, a daughter Samaira (born – March 11, 2005) and then a son Kiaan Raj Kapoor (born – March 12, 2010). They split in 2012 and Karishma lives with her mom Babita.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Punjabi ancestry on her father’s side, while Karishma is of Sindhi descent on her mom’s side.
35-24-34 in or 89-61-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
BabyOye.com (Karishma Kapoor is also the largest individual shareholder of the company).
Her other endorsement deals are Kellogg’s, Crescent Lawn, Admix Retail, Danone, an international skincare brand, Garnier Colour, McCain, California Almonds, Aromaz, Priyagold Marie Lite, Odonil 1 Touch freshener, and others.
Her mom Babita is a Christian. But, Karishma follows Hinduism.
Best Known For
Appearing in Coolie No. 1 (1995), Gopi Kishan (1994), Raja Hindustani (1996), Hero No. 1 (1997), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), and Biwi No.1 (1999).
She debuted with the 1991 musical film Prem Qaidi for her role as Neelima.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2004, Karishma appeared in Sahara One’s soap opera Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny for her role as Devyani / Avni (dual role).
Karishma is a foodie and eats six meals a day, after every 2 hours. She eats mostly healthy food but does not deprive herself from her loved foods like cakes, fried chips, biryani, etc. Kapoor eats them in moderation.
After giving birth to her first child, she underwent a planned cardio routine and was able to shed off baby weight.
Also, after giving birth to another child in 2010, she hired a personal yoga trainer, which later proved to be beneficial. Her trainer had her to do the power yoga workout regularly and also motivated her.
Karishma lost 24 kilos of weight in nine months, which she gained during her pregnancy.
Karishma Kapoor Favorite Things
- Food – Punjabi food
Source – iDiva.com
Karishma Kapoor Facts
- Karishma is the grand-niece of actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor and niece of actors Rajiv Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor.
- She was engaged to Abhishek Bachchan for a short time in 2002.
- She is a non-vegetarian. She enjoys eating street food.
- She was a goodwill ambassador for Pinkathon 2012 for breast cancer awareness.
- In 2012, she was placed at the 76th rank in Forbes India‘s “Celebrity 100” list.