|Konkona Sen Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1979|
Konkona Sen Sharma is a critically acclaimed Indian actress, theatre artist, writer, and director who has emerged as one of the most sought-after actresses of contemporary parallel cinema. Moreover, she won the National Film Award for “Best Actress” for her performance in the 2002 drama film, Mr. and Mrs. Iyer, in 2003 and also bagged the National Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress” in 2007 for her role as Indu in the 2006 crime drama film, Omkara.
Konkona Sen Sharma
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Konkona Sen Sharma studied at Modern High School for Girls and Calcutta International School. Later, she received a degree in English from St Stephen’s College, Delhi in 2001.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Writer, Director
- Father – Mukul Sharma (Science Writer, Journalist)
- Mother – Aparna Sen (Actress, Film Director, Screenwriter)
- Sibling – Kamalini Chatterjee (Older Sister)
- Others – Chidananda Dasgupta (Maternal Grandfather) (Film Critic, Scholar, Professor, Writer, One of the co-founders of the Calcutta Film Society), Supriya Dasgupta (Maternal Grandmother)
Konkona Sen Sharma is represented by Bling Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Konkona Sen Sharma has dated –
- Ranvir Shorey (2007-2020) – In the year 2007, she started going out with actor Ranvir Shorey and they got engaged the next year. On September 3, 2010, the duo got married and the following year, on March 15, 2011, they welcomed their son Haroon Shorey. However, they divorced amicably in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Konkona Sen Sharma is of Bengali descent.
- Has appeared primarily in arthouse independent films
- Pierced nose and ears
She has done endorsement work for brands like Rado.
Konkona Sen Sharma Facts
- She started acting at a young age.
- Konkona Sen made her first film appearance as a child actress in the 1983 Bengali film, Indira.
- She was cast opposite Ranbir Kapoor in the Hindi-language coming-of-age drama film, Wake Up Sid, in 2009.
- As a director, she has garnered much critical acclaim for her 2016 drama film, A Death in the Gunj, for which she won the Filmfare Award for “Best Debut Director” in 2017.
- Konkona Sen played the role of a burkha-wearing house-wife named Shireen Aslam in the 2016 Hindi-language black comedy film, Lipstick Under My Burkha, starring alongside Ratna Pathak, Vikrant Massey, and others. For this role, she received the “Best Actress” award at the 2018 Indian Film Festival of Melbourne as well as the 2018 Screen Award for “Best Actress (Critics)”.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0