|Ranbir Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1982|
Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian film actor and director who has been one of the highest-paid actors of Bollywood and has also been featured in Forbes India‘s “Celebrity 100” list since 2012. He has been cast in a number of movie roles which include the likes of Ranbir Raj in Saawariya, Murphy “Barfi” Johnson in Barfi!, Siddharth “Sid” Mehra in Wake Up Sid, Janardhan “Jordan” Jakkad in Rockstar, Prem Shankar Sharma in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Harpreet Singh Bedi in Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year, Sanjay Dutt in Sanju, Ayan Sanger in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Johnny Balraj in Bombay Velvet, Babli in Besharam, and Raj Sharma in Bachna Ae Haseeno.
Bir, Ranbir Raj, Pappu
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pali Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ranbir studied at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai, and went on to pursue method acting at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranbir Kapoor has dated –
- Avantika Malik Khan – Ranbir has dated Avantika Malik Khan (who later married actor Imran Khan in 2011) in the 90s. He already had a big crush on her. When she was working as a child actor on the TV show Just Mohabbat, Ranbir used to visit her on the set. They dated for almost 5 years before calling it quits.
- Deepika Padukone (2007-2009) – Ranbir dated Deepika Padukone both ON-screen and OFF-screen. Though, he confirmed his relationship in March 2008 in an interview. He did a 2008 film “Bachna Ae Haseeno” with her along with Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba. They dated for around 2 years after finally getting separated in 2009.
- Nargis Fakhri (2011) – Ranbir was RUMORed to be with Nargis when the two did their first movie Rockstar in 2011. This relationship didn’t go far and ended soon in 2011.
- Angela Jonsson (2011) – He had a fling with model Angela Jonsson in the year 2011.
- Katrina Kaif (2012-2016) – After appearing together ON Screen in Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) and Raajneeti (2010), the actors started dating in 2012. Neither of the party accepted that they had dated each other. According to an insider, Ranbir proposed her for the marriage, but Katrina had clearly said “NO”. The couple broke up in January 2016.
- Shruti Haasan (2014) – In 2014, after Ranbir met actress Shruti Haasan during Philips ad shoot, they were assumed to be dating. But, it all proved to be a rumor later on.
- Alia Bhatt (2017-2020) – News portals confirmed that Ranbir found another love in the form of actress Alia Bhatt in 2017. They tried to keep things low in the starting and away from the prying eyes of media. In March 2020, news of their separation started doing the rounds on the internet amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
Race / Ethnicity
Ranbir served as an Indian brand Ambassador for Spanish Club FC Barcelona. Other endorsements are PepsiCo, Docomo, Panasonic, John Players, Nissan, Hero Moto Corp, Lenovo (2012), Philips Lighting (2013).
In 2014, he was chosen as the brand ambassador for Lay’s.
Best Known For
Acting in Hindi films like Saawariya (2007), Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Rockstar (2011), Barfi! (2012).
2007 film Saawariya for his role as Ranbir Raj, produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He also got Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for this movie.
First TV Show
He has not done any TV show. However, he may have come as a guest appearance in certain Indian TV shows or on the talk shows.
Pradeep Bhatia is the personal trainer of Ranbir Kapoor. Ranbir cannot go to the gym every time due to his busy and erratic schedule. So, he takes the help of Pradeep. Wherever he goes, Pradeep goes with him to ensure that Ranbir eats a proper diet and does the right exercises.
Ranbir generally does exercises that target his different muscle groups like chest, legs, arms, back, shoulders. He sometimes also incorporates kickboxing into his workout routine. Regarding diet, Ranbir is called a foodie by Pradeep. He mostly eats grilled chicken and fish in his lunch and dinner.
Ranbir Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Foodie. He likes every food like Sushi, Vada Pav, Dosa. He comes from a Punjabi family.
- Favorite Cuisines – Chinese and Italian
- Favorite Actor – Al Pacino
- Favorite Inspiration – Al Pacino
- Favorite Movies – Shri 420, Life is Beautiful, 3 Idiots, Love Sex Aur Dhokha
- Favorite Color – White, Black, and Red (His fave color keeps on changing). But, he wears black most of the time.
- Favorite Book – Kurt Cobain’s biography (He read this book for his character in the movie Rockstar)
Ranbir Kapoor Facts
- Ranbir Kapoor is the son of famous stars Rishi Kapoor (father) and Neetu Singh (mother).
- Ranbir shares his name with his paternal grandfather Raj Kapoor (or Ranbir Raj Kapoor).
- He is the cousin of Kareena Kapoor and Karishma Kapoor.
- Before doing the film Saawariya in 2007, he did 2 short films – Passion to Love (2002), which was directed by him, and India 1964 (2004).
- He, along with Sonam Kapoor also worked as an assistant to the famous director Sanjay Leela Bhansali for the making of the film Black in 2005. Later both, Sonam and Ranbir were taken in lead roles in Saawariya.
- He has 1 sister – Riddhima Kapoor Sahni.
- He learned acting from the same school as the American actor, Al Pacino (Ranbir’s role model), i.e. The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York.
- He is the great-grandson of the legendary Prithviraj Kapoor.
- Ranbir has co-hosted the 54th, 56th, and 57th edition of Filmfare Awards with Imran Khan and Shahrukh Khan.
- He appeared on the talk show Koffee with Karan in November 2010.
- In 2018, he portrayed the character of actor Sanjay Dutt in the biographical comedy-drama film, Sanju, and for this role, he won the Filmfare Award for “Best Actor” and was nominated for Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actor”.
- To see more about the Kapoor family, click here.