Bonny, Bips, Bippy, Bipsy, Bipz, Pasu Baby
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Bipasha went to Apeejay High School in New Delhi. When she was 8, her family moved to Kolkata but she continued her study there at Bhavan’s Gangabux Kanoria Vidyamandir. After that, she took commerce at Bhawanipur Education Society College after 12th standard. When she was 17, she won various modeling contests and fled to New York to pursue her modeling career.
Actress and Model
- Father – Hirak Basu
- Mother – Mamta Basu
- Siblings – Bidisha Basu (Sister), Bijoyeta Basu (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Dino Morea (1996-2002) – They were in a relationship from 1996. Together, their first film came in 2002, titled ‘Raaz’ and soon she started filming for her next film with John Abraham titled ‘Jism’. This was the end of her bonding with Dino.
- John Abraham (2002–2011) – Bipasha started dating her co-star John during the filming of the 2003 film ‘Jism’ and they dated together until early 2011 when they officially broke off. They were a super couple according to Indian media.
- Rana Daggubati (2011) – During the shoot of the 2011 film Dum Maaro Dum, Bipasha was linked to her co-star and Telugu actor Rana Daggubati. Their on-screen chemistry, as well as subsequent public interactions, became the subject of gossip tabloids. Rana, however, maintained that Bipasha looked out for him as it was his first Bollywood film and that they are very close friends.
- Sushant Maisa (2012-2015) – Bipasha dated Sushant Maisa from 2012 to 2015 and the couple was engaged during this time.
- Harman Baweja (2012-2014) – During Jackky Bhagnani‘s Christmas party 2013, actors Harman Baweja and Bipasha Basu entered the party hall together. They even came in the same car. They dated until December 2014.
- Karan Singh Grover (2015-Present) – After meeting actor Karan Singh Grover on the set of 2015 horror film Alone, the duo started dating each other. After dating for a year, they got married in April 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sexy Smile
- Deep Sultry Voice
- Bengali Eyes
36-26-34 in or 91.5-66-86 cm
Bipasha has walked the ramp and advertised for Alcome, Apparel, Clinic All Clear, Coca-Cola, Gili, Jump Mobile Games, Kinetic Flyte, Lakme, Levi’s, Pantaloons Fresh Fashion, Pantene, Popley Eternal, Reebok, Rocky’s Jeans, Samsung, Sugar Free Gold, Thumbs Up, Zapak Games
Best Known For
Her bold on-screen image and candid confession of her private life she is frequented in the media as a “sex symbol”.
2001 Hindi language, suspense thriller film Ajnabee for her negative role as Soni / Neeta. For this, she also got a “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut”.
Although, her first commercial success was in 2002 through “Raaz” in which she portrayed the role of Sanjana Dhanraj.
First TV Show
She has not done any entertainment, drama, teen or other TV shows. Other than award functions and modeling events, her first appearance was in a talk show “Koffee with Karan” in 2004 in episode #1.9 (Season 1 and Episode 9).
Since 2005, Paul Britto had trained her. Now, Bipasha Basu’s personal trainer is Deanne Panday. They together do a lot of cardiovascular exercises. Around 50 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of warm up. Cardio includes the ones like running, jogging, skipping, cycling, aerobics, and others. Her warm-up includes mainly stretching exercises.
Cardio is further divided into 20 minutes of treadmill, 10 minutes of elliptical trainer and 20 minutes on the rowing machine. This is done twice a week. She also focuses on yoga, legs, abs, butt and upper body workout, mainly triceps. She also goes for spinning classes (cycling on a virtual bike).
Regarding her diet, Bipasha starts her day with warm water, almonds (soaked overnight) and tea. She drinks coconut water, apple juice daily. Her lunch now does not include rice as she is more focused on her shape. She takes her dinner around 7 pm. Bengali Fitness lover, Bips has now released a DVD “Love Yourself by Bipasha Basu” featuring herself and her celebrity fitness trainer Deanne Panday.
Bipasha Basu Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Biryani
- Favorite TV Programs – Sex And The City (1998-2004)
- Favorite Band – Strings (It is an internationally acclaimed Pakistani pop rock band)
- Favorite Author – Robin Cook, John Grisham
- Favorite Movies – The Godfather (1972), and Indiana Jones (1981)
- Favorite Place – Paris
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Fashion Idol – Matthew Williamson
Bipasha Basu Facts
- Bipasha likes to dance and read.
- Bipasha won the Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest when she was 17.
- She won Ford Models contest “Supermodel of the World” in 1996. (When she was 17)
- Her first appearance on the magazine was back in 2000, on Elle on the cover of June 2000 Indian edition.
- She once thought of becoming a doctor after her 12th standard.
- Her name ‘Bipasha’ means ‘Dark Deep Desire’.
- Due to her short and commanding personality, she was called ‘Lady Goonda’ in high school.
- Bipasha was discovered by a model Mehr Jessia Rampal at a hotel in Kolkata.
- She was first offered a role in the movie “Pink Panther 2”, but she refused and it was later offered to another Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai.
- Visit her official website at www.bipashabasunet.com.
- Connect with Bipasha on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.