|Esha Deol Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1981|
Esha Deol is an Indian actress, dancer, and author who has primarily acted in Hindi language films. She has also acted in 1 film each in Tamil, Kannada, anHema Malinid Telugu languages as of March 2020. Apart from her acting career, she is trained in the classical Indian dance forms of Odissi and Bharatanatyam and has performed in several shows with her mother and sister who are both proficient practitioners of the dance forms. In February 2020, she made her debut as an author with the book Amma Mia!, a guide on parenting and child nutrition.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Esha had studied at the Jamnabai Narsee School, a private school in Mumbai. After her high school graduation, Esha had attended Mithibai College in Mumbai, where she had studied fashion design. She then joined Oxford University and earned a Master’s degree in Media Arts and Computer Technology.
Actress, Dancer, Author
- Father – Dharmendra (Actor, Producer, Politician)
- Mother – Hema Malini (Actress, Writer, Director, Producer, Dancer, Politician)
- Siblings – Ahana Deol (Younger Sister) (Dancer)
- Others – Sunny Deol (Older Half-Brother) (Actor, Director, Producer, Politician), Bobby Deol (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Vijeeta Deol (Half-Sister), Ajeeta Deol (Half-Sister) (Teacher, Psychologist), Abhay Deol (Paternal Cousin) (Actor, Producer), Ajit Deol (Paternal Uncle) (Actor), Usha Deol (Paternal Aunt), Aryaman Deol (Step-Nephew), Darien Vohra (Step-Nephew), Dharam Deol (Step-Nephew), Tanya Deol (Step-Sister-in-Law) (Costume Designer), Kewal Kishan Singh Deol (Paternal Grandfather) (School Teacher), Satwant Kaur (Paternal Grandmother), Vaibhav Vohra (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Kiran Chaudhri (Step-Brother-in-Law) (Dentist), Guddu Dhanoa (Uncle) (Writer, Producer, Director), Veerta Deol (Paternal Cousin), Veerendra Deol (Paternal Uncle), Pammi Deol (Paternal Aunt), Vivek Gill (Step-Brother-in-Law), Prerna Gill (Step-Niece) (Author), Pulkit Deora (Step-Nephew-in-Law) (Advocate), Nikita Mina Chaudhri (Step-Niece), Prianka Chaudhri (Step-Niece), Pooja Deol (Step-Sister-in-Law), Karan Deol (Step-Nephew) (Actor), Rajveer Deol (Step-Nephew), Pooja Takhtani (Mother-in-Law), Vijay Thaktani (Father-in-Law), Devesh Takhtani (Brother-in-Law), Jaya Chakravarthy (Maternal Grandmother) (Film Producer), V.S. Ramanujam Chakravarthy (Maternal Grandfather)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Esha has dated –
- Bharat Takhtani (2011–Present) – Esha began dating Indian businessman Bharat Takhtani in 2011. The couple got engaged in February 2012 and married in June 2012. They have 2 daughters together named Radhya Takhtani (b. October 2017), Miraya Takhtani (b. June 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Punjabi descent on her father’s side and Tamil descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Has a cut mark on her forehead
- Has a tattoo on her left shoulder
Esha Deol Facts
- She was keenly involved in sports during her school days. She played as a midfielder and captained her school’s soccer team. Esha then represented her college at the state-level in handball and was also selected in the squad of the Indian national women’s soccer team.
- For her debut film Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe (2002), she won the Filmfare Award for ‘Best Female Debut’.
- Her name is derived from the Sanskrit-language Upanishads (ancient religious texts in Hinduism) and means ‘The Divine Beloved’.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in English, Hindi, Marathi, and Tamil.
Featured Image by Esha Deol / Instagram