|Hema Malini Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1948|
Hema Malini is an Indian film actress, writer, director, producer, dancer, and politician who is regarded as one of the most successful actresses of her time and all time in Hindi cinema history. She received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award as well as the Padma Shri, the 4th-highest civilian honor awarded by the Government of India, in 2000. Hema Malini is known for her work in movies like Sapno Ka Saudagar, Waris, Johny Mera Naam, Seeta Aur Geeta, Andaz, Sholay, Dream Girl, Do Aur Do Paanch, Satte Pe Satta, and Baghban.
Hema Malini R. Chakravarty
Ammankudi, Thanjavur District, Madras State, India (Present-day Tamil Nadu, India)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She attended the Andhra Mahila Sabha in Chennai and then joined DTEA Mandir Marg until 11th standard. After that, she started pursuing a career in acting.
Film Actress, Writer, Director, Producer, Dancer, Politician
- Father – VSR Chakravarti
- Mother – Jaya Lakshmi
- Siblings – R.K. Chakravarti (Brother) (Producer), R.J. Chakravarti (Brother) (Producer)
- Others – Bharat Takhtani (Son-In-Law) (Businessman), Darien Vohra (Grandchild), Radhya Takhtani (Granddaughter), Madhoo Raghunath (Niece) (Actress), Suchi Chakravarti (Niece), Nandita Chakravarti (Niece)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hema Malini has dated –
- Jeetendra – It was claimed in her authorized biography that she once got almost married to Jeetendra.
- Dharmendra (1980-Present) – She married popular actor and producer Dharmendra in 1980 and they have been blessed with 2 daughters – Esha Deol (b. November 2, 1981) and Ahana Deol (b. 1985). Hema Malini is also the stepmother of Sunny Deol (October 19, 1956), Bobby Deol (January 27, 1969), Vijeeta, and Ajeeta.
Race / Ethnicity
- Charming appearance
- High cheekbones
She has done endorsement work for brands like Kent RO Systems, Pothys, etc.
Hema Malini Favorite Things
- Subject – History
- Films – Lal Paththar, Abhinetri, Johnny Mera Naam, Amir Garib, Prem Nagar, Dillagi, Kinara, Sholay, Seeta aur Geeta, Mehbooba, Kudrat, Hum Dono, Rajput, Bagbhan
- Co-Stars – Shashi Kapoor, Rajesh Khanna, Dev Anand
Hema Malini Facts
- She is an expert Bharatnatyam dancer.
- She married Dharmendra at a time when he was already married to Parkash Kaur.
- Hema Malini is a vegetarian and has also won the title of “PETA Person of the Year”. She once said, “Knowing that my food choices are helping the planet and animals too, makes me happy”.
- Hema has also worked with PETA India and wrote to the Union Minister for Environment and Forests, Jairam Ramesh, in 2011 asking him to ban bullfighting (jallikattu) and stated that “My friends at PETA have organized investigations at jallikattu events and documented that bulls are pulled roughly by their nose rings, punched, pummelled, hit with sharp sticks and crammed into trucks so tightly that they can barely move”.
- She is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0