|Neetu Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1958|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Neetu Singh is an Indian actress who started acting as a child artist and has appeared in a number of films including Kaala Patthar, Heeralal Pannalal, Jhoota Kahin Ka, Duniya Meri Jeb Mein, The Great Gambler, Choron Ki Baaraat, Do Dooni Char, Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani, Yaadon Ki Baaraat, Amar Akbar Anthony, Maha Badmaash, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Ganga Meri Maa, Waqt Ki Deewar, Love Aaj Kal, and Besharam.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Neetu Singh studied at Hill Grange High School which was a private school for boys and girls located on Pedder Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She also trained at actress Vyjantimala’s dance school in Bombay.
- Father – Darshan Singh
- Mother – Rajee Kaur
- Others – Raj Kapoor (Father-In-Law) (Actor, Producer, Director), Krishna Kapoor (Mother-In-Law), Rajiv Kapoor (Brother-In-Law) (Film Actor, Producer, Director), Randhir Kapoor (Brother-In-Law) (Film Actor, Producer, Director), Ritu Nanda (Sister-In-Law), Rima Jain (Sister-In-Law), Bharat Sahn (Son-In-Law) (Industrialist), Samara (Granddaughter)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neetu Singh has dated –
- Rishi Kapoor (1980-2020) – As she got engaged to actor Rishi Kapoor, the couple became the talk of the town and they married on January 22, 1980, in Bombay. They had 2 children – daughter Riddhima Kapoor Sahni (b. September 15, 1980) and son Ranbir Kapoor (b. September 28, 1982). They had also worked together in several films and remained married until Rishi Kapoor’s death on April 30, 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Neetu Singh has Punjabi Jat Sikh roots.
- Usually sports short hair
- Wears glasses
Neetu Singh Facts
- She was 8 years old when she started acting.
- She played the role of Channo, a jewelry seller and Mangal’s lover, in the 1979 Hindi-language action drama film, Kaala Patthar. This role got her nominated for the 1980 Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Along with Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh received the Zee Cine Award for “Best Lifetime Jodi” in 2011.
- She made a cameo appearance in the 2012 Hindi-language romantic drama film, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, and Anushka Sharma.
- She has been inducted into the Walk of the Stars, an entertainment hall of fame at Bandra Bandstand in Mumbai.
- Neetu Singh played the role of Head Constable Bulbul Chautala in the action comedy film, Besharam, in 2013.
- Along with co-star Varun Dhawan and numerous casting staff, she tested positive for COVID-19 in Chandigarh on December 19, 2020, while filming Jug Jugg Jeeyo. However, she later recovered and returned to filming in early January 2021.
- In May 2023, Neetu purchased a 4BHK apartment in Bandra for ₹17.4 crore.
Featured Image by Indiapuppet / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0