|Rishi Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1952|
Rishi Kapoor was an Indian actor, director, and producer. He was best known for his role as a child artist in his father Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker for which he received the National Film Award and his role in the film Bobby for which he received the Filmfare “Best Actor” award in 1974. Rishi Kapoor was the son of the legendary Bollywood actor Raj Kapoor, grandson of Prithviraj Kapoor and father of actor Ranbir Kapoor.
Rishi Raj Kapoor
Rishi Kapoor was born on September 4, 1952.
Rishi died at the age of 67 on April 30, 2020 at 8:45 AM IST, at H.N. Reliance Hospital in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, due to complications with cancer.
Bombay, Bombay State, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rishi Kapoor did his schooling at Campion School, Mumbai. Later, he joined Mayo College located in Ajmer.
Actor, Producer, Director, Owner Of R.K. Films
- Father – Raj Kapoor (Actor, Producer, Director)
- Mother – Krishna Raj Kapoor
- Siblings – Randhir Kapoor (Older Brother) (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Actor, Producer, Director), Ritu Nanda (Younger Sister) (Designer), Rima Jain (Younger Sister)
- Others – Prithviraj Kapoor (Grandfather) (Actor, Producer, Director), Kareena Kapoor (Niece) (Actress), Karishma Kapoor (Niece) (Actress), Prem Nath (Maternal Uncle), Rajendra Nath (Maternal Uncle), Shashi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle), Shammi Kapoor (Paternal Uncle), Karan Kapoor (Cousin), Prem Kishen (Cousin), Monty Nath (Cousin), Karan Kapoor (Cousin), Rajee Singh (Son-in-law) (Actress), Vijay Kapoor (Uncle), Subbiraj (Uncle), Prem Nath (Uncle), Bina Rai (Aunt)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rishi had dated –
- Dimple Kapadia (1973)
- Neetu Singh (1980-2020) – Rishi Kapoor was married to Indian actress Neetu Kapoor from January 22, 1980, until his death in April 2020. The pair had appeared as an onscreen couple in more than 15 films. They had 2 children together, a son named Ranbir Kapoor who is also a famous Bollywood actor and was born on September 28, 1982, and a daughter named Riddhima Kapoor Sahani, who was born on September 15, 1980, and is a designer.
Race / Ethnicity
Rishi did the advertisement work for brands like –
Best Known For
- Being an Indian actor, director, and producer
- Being the grandson of actor Prithviraj Kapoor and son of actor-director Raj Kapoor
- Receiving Filmfare “Best Actor” award in 1974 for his movie Bobby
Rishi Kapoor made his theatrical film debut as a child artist in his father Raj Kapoor’s film Mera Naam Joker in 1970.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa as “Himself” in 1995.
Rishi Kapoor Favorite Things
- Food – Palak Paneer, Baingan Bharta, Yellow Tadka Dal, Eggs cooked akoori style, Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry
- Cosine – Chinese, Japanese
- Drinks – Black Label whiskey
Source – Hindustan Times
Rishi Kapoor Facts
- As per an interview in 2012, Rishi revealed that his first film Bobby was not made to launch him as an actor but was actually made to pay the debts of his father’s film Mera Naam Joker.
- Rishi has done almost 51 films as a solo lead actor in his career from 1973 to 2000 out of which only 11 managed to be hit at the box office. The rest appeared to be flops.
- Some of his best films include Bobby, Laila Majnu, Rafoo Chakkar, Sargam, Karz, Prem Rog, Nagina, Honeymoon, Chandni, Heena, and Bol Radha Bol.
- Rishi was not the first choice to play Rohit Gupta in Chandni (1989). Anil Kapoor was first offered this role.
- He has written his autobiography titled Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored along with Meena Iyer, and the book was launched on January 15, 2017, published via Harper Collins.
- In 2015, the actor was caught in a controversy when he tweeted about being a “beef-eating Hindu”. The tweet took a nasty turn on the social media with many accusing him of cow slaughter and he clarified his side in several other tweets.
- Rishi was a foodie and as per an interview in 2012, he revealed that life without food would be ‘like a black and white movie’.
- The actor was diagnosed with bone marrow cancer in 2018 and moved to New York City along with his wife for treatment. He returned to India after 11 months in September 2019.
- Follow Rishi Kapoor on Twitter.
Featured Image by FilmiTadka / www.filmitadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0