|Shahrukh Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1965|
Shahrukh Khan is an Indian actor, film producer, and television personality who has gained critical acclaim with his work in more than 80 Hindi films and has been honored with several prestigious honors including the Padma Shri awarded by the Government of India, the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Legion of Honour by the Government of France, and UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for his support of children’s education. Some of his most popular films include Baazigar, Darr, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Baadshah, Mohabbatein, Don, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Devdas, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Om Shanti Om, Chak De India, and Swades.
King Khan, SRK, The Badshah of Bollywood, The King of Bollywood, King of Romance
Talwar Nursing Home, New Delhi, India
Shahrukh Khan’s house name is Mannat which is in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shahrukh Khan attended St. Columba’s School, Delhi. He was given there A Sword of Honour (an annual award given to the student who best represents the spirit of the school). Later from 1985-1988, he joined Hansraj College (affiliated with the University of Delhi) to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics.
Finally, he attended Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi to pursue a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication but opted out to pursue a career in Bollywood. He learned dramatics from the National School of Drama, Delhi.
Actor, Producer (Shahrukh owns a production house called Red Chillies Entertainment ), TV Presenter (He has presented many award functions such as IIFA, Golden Globes, etc.)
He is represented by Pooja Dadlani who has been working with Khan for over a decade. Pooja is related to Dia Mirza‘s husband Vaibhav Rekhi.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.4 lbs
Towards the end of December 2022, SRK revealed his weight was just below 70 kg. At that time, he had a shredded physique which he made for Pathaan (2023).
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shah Rukh has dated –
- Gauri Chibber (1991-Present) – Shahrukh married Gauri Chibber (later Gauri Khan) on October 25, 1991, in Delhi. They went to Darjeeling on their honeymoon. There, SRK also shot the song for Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992) while on his honeymoon. They have 3 children – son Aryan (b. 1997), daughter Suhana (b. 2000), and son AbRam Khan (b. 2013 through a surrogate mother).
- Karan Johar – Shahrukh’s name was linked to his close friend and director Karan Johar. The duo was rumored to have had a secret romantic relationship. However, Karan has stated several times that Khan is like an older brother and that Gauri and their kids are a part of his family.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pashtun (Pathan), Hyderabadi, and Kashmiri descent.
PepsiCo, Royal Stag (2012), Asian Paints, V-John Shaving Cream, Linc Pen, Nokia, Emami, Hyundai, Dish TV, Sunfeast Biscuits, ICICI Bank, Byju’s, Vimal Pan Masala, and many others.
Best Known For
- His extraordinary contributions to the Indian film industry and having a global fan base
- Being one of the most significant and influential Indian celebrities
- As an Actor – 1992 film Deewana for his role as Raja Sahay for which he won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
- As Producer – 2000 film Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani. He also acted in the film as Ajay Bakhshi. It was a box-office flop.
First TV Show
Shahrukh Khan acted in the 1988 TV Show Dil Dariya. But, he got attention from his another 1988 TV Show “Fauji” for his role as Abhimanyu Rai.
Prashant Sawant is the man responsible for Shahrukh’s 6 pack abs in “Om Shanti Om”
- His dimpled smile
- Charming, powerful, and humble personality
Shahrukh Khan Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chicken and Oranges
- Favorite TV Programs – Krishi Darshan (aired on Doordarshan), Discovery Channel programs
- Favorite Drink – Soft Drinks mainly Pepsi
- Favorite Band – Black Eyed Peas
- Favorite Restaurants – China White in Mumbai, Japanese Restaurant Nobu in London, Buddha Bar in New York, Kittichai in Soho
- Favorite Movie – Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1993)
- Favorite Book – The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (By Douglas Adams)
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar
Source – UTV Stars, IMDb
Shahrukh Khan Facts
- Shahrukh Khan launched Deepika Padukone’s career in Bollywood through the 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om”
- Shahrukh has a statue in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- Shahrukh earlier had a dog named Chewbecca.
- Shahrukh is scared of riding horses.
- Shahrukh’s acting career was launched by his friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
- He has played cricket at the national level.
- Shahrukh is known for keeping his low profile in charity, social and humanitarian work. On being asked during an interview with The Guardian, he said “Somewhere in the Quran it says that if you do charity for a reason, it’s not charity”
- Khan has hosted the third season of the popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC).
- He was given the birth name as Shahrukh which means “Face of the King”. But, he prefers to write his name as Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2008, Newsweek named Shahrukh to be one of the 50 most powerful people in the world.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, he provided aid to the government of India and the state governments of Maharashtra, West Bengal, and Delhi to mitigate the crisis as well as to give extended help to thousands of underprivileged people and daily wage laborers.
- On Shah Rukh’s 55th birthday in 2020, Dubai’s iconic skyscraper, Burj Khalifa especially wished him a Happy Birthday with a personalized greeting. SRK was already in Dubai due to the ongoing IPL (Indian Premier League) season to cheer his team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- In October 2021, the EdTech platform BYJU’S had paused all advertisements featuring SRK after the arrest of his son Aryan Khan in a drug case. However, almost the entire Bollywood had come in support of Shahrukh.
- Naukri.com founder Sanjeev Bikhchandani (graduated in March 1981) and SRK (graduated in March 1985) have attended the same school – St. Columba’s School in New Delhi.
- In June 2022, it was revealed that Shahrukh had tested positive for coronavirus.
- In October 2022, just to meet some fans, Shah Rukh Khan booked 5-star hotel rooms for them in Chennai and met them individually after finishing the shoot of his film Jawan. The fans were allowed to order anything from the food menu.
- In November 2022, Shah Rukh Khan had to pay INR 6.83 lakh as a penalty to customs officials at Mumbai airport when he was seen carrying expensive watches worth INR 18 lakhs when he was returning from his trip to Sharjah, UAE in a chartered plane.
- In a list released by Empire magazine in December 2022, Shah Rukh Khan was included in the list of 50 greatest actors of all time alongside Christian Bale, Marlon Brando, Denzel Washington, and Tom Hanks.
- On January 10, 2023, SRK expressed his desire to actor Ram Charan that whenever RRR (2022) movie would bring the Oscar award to India, he would like to touch it. RRR’s Naatu Naatu song eventually won the Academy Award (or Oscar Award).
- In January 2023, SRK’s film Pathaan was released in more than 100 countries concurrently in Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu. It was released on a record 5,600 screens in India and 2,200 screens internationally.
- SRK starrer Pathaan (2023) broke the record for advance bookings in India. It sold more than 8 lakh tickets for the opening day alone in India and became the biggest advance booking of all time for a Bollywood film.
- Pathaan became the highest-grossing first day for SRK with a collection of nearly INR 67 crore nett in India. Moreover, the movie became the first Hindi or Bollywood movie to earn over INR 100 crore on opening day globally.
- In March 2023, 2 fans from Bharuch, Gujarat, intruded into SRK’s house “Mannat” at 3 am and hid for 8 hours in the makeup room. They were identified as laborer Pathan Sahil Salim Khan and vegetable vendor Ram Saraf Kushwaha.
- In March 2023, after the success of Pathaan (2023), SRK purchased ₹10 crores Rolls-Royce Cullinan Black Badge SUV car.
- SRK won the 2023 TIME100 readers poll for being the world’s most influential person in the annual list of TIME magazine.
- Khan earned approx INR 200 crores as remuneration for working in the film Pathaan. He didn’t charge an upfront fee but instead opted for a 60% profit sharing.
- In April 2023, Shahrukh Khan and a BYJU employee were told to pay a woman ₹50,000 after her complaint who was an IAS aspirant and enrolled at BYJU’s Indore.
- On May 15, 2023, at Gauri’s book launch event, Shahrukh revealed how Gauri became an interior designer. It is when SRK and Gauri, after purchasing their house called Mannat, went to see an interior designer in order to renovate it. The designer served them a lavish lunch which was way more than Shahrukh’s that-time monthly salary which made him think that he would be charged a lot more than he could afford. He then asked Gauri to design their house.
- In July 2023, Shahrukh allegedly met with an accident and hurt his nose during the shooting of his movie, Jawan in Los Angeles, California, U.S. He later had to undergo a minor surgery and returned back to India. However, he looked absolutely fine at the Mumbai Airport which made him look like nothing had happened to him.
- In Mushtaq Shiekh’s book Shah Rukh Can, it was revealed that Shahrukh allegedly changed his name to ‘Jeetender Kumar Tulli’ for his Arya Samaj wedding with Gauri in 1991. He chose this name as a tribute to the two stars – Jeetendra and Rajendra Kumar.
- On August 29, 2023, Khan was seen at the base camp Katra of Vaishno Devi Temple. He went to offer prayers to Devi Maa and reached the shrine at 11:40 PM via the new Tarakote route.
- His 2023 action film, Jawan was shot in Chennai. In August 2023, during an interview, art director Muthuraj revealed that Shahrukh’s presence in Chennai provided employment opportunities for over 3000 families.
- Before the release of the film Jawan, he visited Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Temple in Tirupati temple with his daughter Suhana and co-star Nayanthara and her husband Vignesh Shivan in September 2023.
- In September 2023, Shahrukh’s Jawan became the biggest Bollywood opener of all time. The film earned ₹75 crore nett in India (out of which ₹65 crore was earned in Hindi). Overall Jawan reportedly earned ₹129.6 crore globally on day 1 of its release in all languages.
- In 2023, he became the first Indian actor to have 2 films (Pathaan and Jawan) earning over ₹1,000 crores worldwide in a single year.
- In October 2023, he was given Y+ security cover by the Maharashtra government after he received death threat calls. Overall, he got 11 security personnel, in which he got 6 commandos, 4 police personnel, and 1 traffic clearance vehicle.
- As per Karan Johar, Shah Rukh didn’t charge even a single rupee for his cameo appearance in Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva. Khan gave his 12 to 14 days to shoot the cameo role.