|Toni Collette Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1972|
Toni Collette is an Australian actress, musician, and producer known for her stage, film, and television presence. She is also the lead singer in the band Toni Colette and the Finish. She made her TV debut in 1990 in the series A Country Practice. Since then, she has been in a wide number of movies and TV shows including Spotswood, the Sixth Sense, The Wild Party, About A Boy, Clockwatchers, Lucky Them, Hostages, Muriel’s Wedding, Return Of Xander Cage, among others. She has also taken on some voice acting roles in the movie The Magic Pudding.
Toni Collette won quite a number of industry awards for her roles in the movie industry including the Primetime Emmy Awards, Screen Actors Guild Award, British Academy Film Award, Tony Award, Golden Globe Award, among others. She supports PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), animal rights and has been vocal about the banning of sheep farming.
Glebe, New South Wales, Australia
- Sydney, Australia
Toni Collette attended Blacktown Girls’ High School as well as The Australian Theatre for Young People and National Institute of Dramatic Art.
Actress, Musician, Producer, Author
- Father – Bob Collett (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Judith Collett (Customer-Service Representative)
- Siblings – Ben Collette (Brother), Christopher Collette (Brother)
Toni Collette is managed by –
- United Management (Talent Management Company), New South Wales, Australia
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent Voice/Commercial), Los Angeles, California, USA
- FINLEY Management (Manager), New York, USA
- Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein (Legal Representative), Los Angeles, California, USA
Hoola Hoop Records
5 ft 8 in or 172.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Toni Collette has dated –
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers (1998-1999) – Toni dated Jonathan, an Irish actor in 1998 and 1999 who was her co-star in the movie Velvet Goldmine (1998).
- Dave Galafassi (2002-2022) – Dave and Toni got married on January 11, 2003, after being engaged for 1 year. They have 2 children together, Sage Florence (b. January 9, 2008) and Arlo Robert (b. April 22, 2011). In December 2022, it was revealed that the couple had separated after almost 20 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
Lingering Australian accent
Best Known For
- Acting in movies and TV shows like A Country Practice. She has been in a wide number of movies and TV shows including Spotswood, the Sixth Sense, The Wild Party, About A Boy, Clockwatchers, Lucky Them, Hostages, Muriel’s Wedding, Return Of Xander Cage, among others
- Voice acting roles in movies such as The Thief and the Cobbler, The Magic Pudding, Mary and Max, The Boxtrolls, Blinky Bill the Movie, among others
- Producing the 2018 movie Hereditary were the actors like Alex Wolff appeared
- Singing in the band, Toni Collette & The Finish
- Being an author for the children’s book, Planet Yawn
As a Singer
Toni Collette has released the album Beautiful Awkward Pictures (2006) under her band Toni Collette & The Finish. It had 11 songs including This Moment is Golden, Mosaic Life, and Look Up.
Toni Collette made her theatrical film debut as Wendy Robinson in the 1992 film Spotswood (The Efficiency Expert).
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Tracy on A Country Practice in 1990.
Toni maintains her svelte form by exercising at least 45 minutes every day doing cardio, Pilates, and Gyrotonics. She has a personal trainer and eats healthy. She does not eat dairy products, wheat, and no sugar. Toni also has protein shakes for dinner.
Toni Collete Favorite Things
- Movies – Harold and Maude, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Sound of Music, Breaking the Waves, and Terms of Endearment
- Restaurant – Tertulia in the West Village
- Vacation Spot – Blancaneaux Lodge in Belize
Source – RottenTomatoes.com, TravelandLeisure.com
Toni Collette Facts
- She earned 82 million dollars between February 2018 and February 2019.
- Her acting skills were discovered when she faked the percent appendicitis to get attention because she was bored. She was so good at it that their doctors actually removed her appendix despite the fact that there was nothing wrong with it.
- Growing up, she was a tomboy and played a nurturing role to the family’s cats, birds, dogs, and rabbits.
- She dropped out of school at the age of 16 to pursue an acting career.
- She is the 1st born in a family of 3.
- To support herself when beginning her acting career, she delivered pizza.
- She co-owns a production company in Australia.
- She has a residence in Sydney Australia and Ireland.
- Toni is in the restaurant business and owns the Fat Collette Burger chain in Canberra.
- She owns a football team, the Sydney Angels.
- She has a brand of vodka, a top-selling perfume, and a fashion line.
- Toni developed bulimia after gaining weight rapidly for a role in Muriel’s Wedding.
- She also had to gain 25 pounds for her role in the movie In Her Shoes.
- She suffered from panic attacks for 8 months after splitting up with her boyfriend Jonathan.
- Toni does not subscribe to Hollywood’s obsession with skinny beautiful women.
- She was born Collett without an ‘e’ at the end, but she later adopted it for her stage name.
- Acting saved her from imploding.
- She feels that the characters she plays have a parallel to her life.
- She considers herself spiritual and is drawn to Buddhism because it is the most beneficial, compassionate, and organized religion.
- Toni does not accept compliments easily.
- She does not run her life according to an action plan. According to her, true happiness comes from living freely so why clutter your mind with planning, worrying and chaos.
- Her role in the movie The Wild Party earned her a Tony award in 2000.
- She has 2 brothers.
- Tony and Dave (her spouse) enjoy camping.
- In 2007, she participated in the Cannes Film Festival as a jury member.
- In 2009, when her daughter was only 9 months old, she had to go back to work for the film Mary and Max.
- She finished filming the United States of Tara when she was 5 months pregnant with her son Arlo. She had to go back to work when he was 3 months to begin shooting Mental.
- Toni has appeared in 3 films; The Sixth Sense in 1999, The Hours in 2002, and Little Miss Sunshine in 2006, that were nominated for Oscar for the “Best Picture.”
- She had to learn sign language for the movie the Black Balloon.
- She considers herself an actor, not a movie star.
- To calm down, she likes to walk on the beach.
- She has won a number of awards and has been nominated for various awards including Australian Film Institute Awards, Oscars, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Critics’ Choice Awards, among others.
Featured Image by Toni Collette / Instagram