|Renée Zellweger Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1969|
Renée Zellweger is an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who has won various awards including two Academy Awards and four Golden Globe Awards. She is known for her performances such as Ruby Thewes in Cold Mountain, Bridget Jones in Bridget Jones’s Diary, Judy Garland in Judy, Roxie Hart in Chicago, Deborah Hall in Same Kind of Different as Me, Irene P. Waters in Me, Myself & Irene, Novalyne Price in The Whole Wide World, Ellen Gulden in One True Thing, Betty Sizemore in Nurse Betty, Beatrix Potter in Miss Potter, Jane in My Own Love Song, Barbara Novak in Down with Love, and Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire.
Renée Kathleen Zellweger
Katy, Texas, United States
Renee attended Katy High School in Katy, Texas. Later, she majored in English language and earned her BA degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1991.
Actress, Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – Emil Erich Zellweger (Mechanical and Electrical Engineer and had worked in an oil refining company)
- Mother – Kjellfrid Irene (née Andreassen) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Adrien Zellweger (Brother)
- Others – Emil Zellweger (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Zellweger (Paternal Grandmother), Ove Magnar Ingolf Andreassen (Maternal Grandfather), Bjørga Johanna/Johanne Hildonen (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to –
- John Carrabino Management
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Renee Zellweger has dated –
- Sims E. Ellison (1992-1995) – She was romantically involved with guitarist Sims Ellison from 1992 to 1995. However, their relationship ended after he shot himself with a gun in his Austin apartment and died on June 6, 1995.
- Rory Cochrane (1994) – She had a fling with actor Rory Cochrane in 1994 and they have also worked together in the 1995 coming-of-age comedy-drama film, Empire Records.
- Josh Pate (1996) – Screenwriter Josh Pate and Renée hooked up in 1996.
- Jim Carrey (1999-2000) – She was engaged to Canadian-American actor, comedian, and writer Jim Carrey between 1999 and 2000.
- Matthew Perry (2002) – In 2002, she hooked up with Matthew Perry, the American-Canadian actor, comedian, executive producer, screenwriter, and playwright who most notably played the role of Chandler Bing in Friends.
- Jack White (2003-2004) – Renee dated musician Jack for a year and a half from 2003 to December 2004. They still are good friends.
- George Clooney (2003) – It was RUMORed that she had an encounter with actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, and philanthropist George Clooney in 2003.
- Damien Rice (2004) – She was romantically linked to Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2004.
- Kenny Chesney (2005) – Renee started dating country musician Kenny Chesney in January 2005 when she met him at a telethon for victims of the Asian tsunami. Kenny, who had a long crush on her married Renee on May 9, 2005. But, the marriage ended after four months in September 2005, when Zellweger filed for divorce.
- Luke Perry (2007) – In January 2007, she had a fling with actor Luke Perry.
- John Krasinski (2007) – Renee and John worked on the 2008 movie Leatherheads and RUMORed to be dating in 2007 for a couple of months. They were seen together on different occasions.
- Paul McCartney (2007) – She met British musician Paul McCartney during Tom Petty’s concert in New York in August 2007 and had an encounter with him. He is 27 years older than her.
- André Balazs (2007) – Renee went on a date with Hungarian hotelier, Andre Balazs in late 2007 in New York City. The romance didn’t go far.
- Dan Abrams (2009) – MSNBC correspondent Dan Abrams and Zellweger dated for a couple of months in 2009.
- Bradley Cooper (2009-2011) – From July 2009 to March 2011, Renee dated actor Bradley Cooper. They had various magazine covers together in 2009 in Star magazine and US magazine.
- John Stamos (2011) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with actor John Stamos in June 2011 when they were seen on a Disneyland date.
- Doyle Bramhall II (2012-2019) – In 2012, she started dating musician Doyle Bramhall II. The couple broke up in 2019.
- Ant Anstead (2021-Present) – In June 2021, it was reported that Renee was dating English television presenter Ant Anstead. The couple had met on the set of his Discovery+ show Celebrity IOU Joyride. In July 2023, it was reported that the couple had gotten engaged after dating for almost 2 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swiss descent on her father’s side and has Norwegian, Finnish/Kven, Swedish, possible Sami, remote Danish, German, and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has appeared in Coors Light Beer commercial, beef advert, and many others.
Best Known For
Her performance in Jerry Maguire (1996), Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001), Chicago (2002), and Miss Potter (2006).
She did her film debut with the 1992 TV film A Taste for Killing in which she played the role of Mary Lou.
She performs her workouts regularly. She goes to the gym, and also to spinning classes.
The actress does running daily. She says that it is her solitude and she needs it.
Renée Zellweger Favorite Things
- Designer – Carolina Adriana Herrera
Source – IMDb
Renée Zellweger Facts
- She describes herself as being raised in a “lazy Catholics and Episcopalians” family.
- She was active in sports as a kid and played football, baseball, soccer, basketball, and many others.
- She was also a cheerleader in high school. Besides that, she was also a gymnast, and a member of the drama club and speech team.
- She had also worked as a waitress in Austin, Texas.
- Renee has a pet dog of collie-golden retriever mix, named Dylan.
- Zellweger participated in the Swiss health department’s 2005 HIV prevention campaign.
- To raise awareness and money for Breast Health Institute, she joined hands with Tommy Hilfiger in April 2011.
- Her wedding ceremony lasted for only 15 minutes.
- She is friends with Reese Witherspoon.
- For her work in the Judy album, she was nominated in the category of ‘Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album’ during Grammy Awards 2021.
- She is not on social media.