|Kenny Chesney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1968|
Kenny Chesney is an American country music singer and songwriter known for his popular singles like Whatever It Takes, There Goes My Life, and Words Are Your Wheels. He has won various awards for his singing skills and has done endorsement work for popular brands like SiriusXM, Engel Coolers, and Corona Light. Kenny has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 7 million followers on Facebook.
Kenneth Arnold Chesney
Kenny, Hillbilly Rockstar, Bubba, Uncle Kenny
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, and St. John, Virgin Islands, United States
Kenny successfully passed out from Gibbs High School, Corryton, Tennessee in 1986. He then joined East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee to study advertising and graduated in 1990. At the university, he enrolled for ETSU Bluegrass Program focusing on country music studies. He was also a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
Country Music Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – David Chesney (Former Elementary School Teacher)
- Mother – Karen Chandler (Hair Stylist)
- Siblings – Jennifer Chandler (Younger Sister)
- Others – Arnold Edgar Chesney (Paternal Grandfather), John Beacher Grigsby, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Lucy Young (Maternal Grandmother)
Kenny Chesney is managed by –
- Morris Higham Management, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
- Columbia Nashville, Press Contact, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
- Dale Morris & Associates, Booking Agent, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
- Capricorn Records
- BNA Records
- Columbia Records
- Warner Nashville Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kenny Chesney has dated –
- Renee Zellweger (2005) – After meeting at a tsunami relief event in January 2005, Kenny started dating actress Renée Zellweger. Within 4 months, the couple got married on St. John Islands (part of the Virgin Islands) on May 9, 2005. However, their marriage was short-lived resulting in the announcement of an annulment on September 15, 2005, citing “fraud” as the reason for separation. By late December 2005, the annulment was finalized.
- Adrianna Costa (2007) – Kenny dated Los Angeles TV personality Adrianna Costa for a while in 2007.
- Jamie Hill Fuller (2008) – In March 2008, Kenny was linked to former Miss South Carolina and actress Jamie Hill Fuller.
- Amy Colley (2008-2010) – After meeting through mutual friends in mid-2008, Kenny started dating Miss Tennessee and nurse, Amy Colley. During the 2 years of their relationship, the couple went through many ups and downs amidst Kenny’s busy schedule and cheating rumor with Jenn Brown.
- Jenn Brown (2010) – While Kenny was still in a relationship with Amy, he was photographed on a beach in Cancun, Mexico sharing an intimate moment with ESPN sports reporter Jenn Brown. The scandal ultimately led to the end of his relationship with girlfriend Amy Colley.
- Mary Nolan (2012-Present) – In the 2016 CMA Awards, Kenny was seen with a beautiful lady identified as Mary Nolan. The couple has been secretly dating since 2012 and was previously seen together at the backstage of the American Country Countdown Awards in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scots-Irish ancestry.
- Often wears a cowboy hat
- Chiseled arms
- Blue eyes
Kenny Chesney has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Engel Coolers
- Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Music and Memory
- Corona Light
Best Known For
- His achievements as a country music singer. He has released more than 20 albums of which more than 14 are rated ‘Gold’ and ‘Platinum’ by RIAA. He has successfully delivered hit singles which regularly peaks at the top of the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts.
- Receiving several notable awards including Academy of Country Music Award for Entertainer of the Year from 2005 to 2008, Country Music Association Award for Entertainer of the Year in 2004, and from 2006 to 2008, Country Music Association Pinnacle Award in 2016 and BMI President’s Award in 2016.
- Being one of the most popular and highest earning country artists on tour. In 2017, he also won the Billboard Music Award for Top Country Tour.
On April 19, 1994, his debut album In My Wildest Dreams was released on Capricorn Records. The album has 10 original tracks.
He is yet to make a debut in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
On June 12, 2000, he made his first TV show appearance as a musical guest on the comedy music TV show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Kenny is a fitness fanatic. From the early days of his career, Kenny has trained under the watchful eyes of his personal trainer and chef, Daniel Maine, learning to lead a healthier lifestyle.
From endurance training to building on his stamina, Kenny has learned to stay fit even during his rigorous touring season over the years. He even shed 40 pounds to obtain his toned body with chiseled arms and abs. In order to balance his workout, Kenny follows a strict nutritional diet with less fat. His menu includes lots of carrot sticks and egg whites.
Kenny Chesney Favorite Things
- Vacation Destination – Caribbean
- Food – Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Football Teams – Boston Red Sox, Tennessee Titans
- Musicians – Conway Twitty, Keith Whitley, Ricky Skaggs, George Jones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, James Taylor
- Book – “The Firm” by John Grisham
- TV Show – Friends (1994-2004)
Kenny Chesney Facts
- He was raised in Luttrell, Tennessee, by his mother and grandmother.
- During high school, he played a lot of baseball and football.
- Growing up, he wanted to be a professional football player, but his short stature worked against him.
- He wrote his first song to impress a girl in the college.
- He has a dog named Puncho.
- Kenny is obsessed with cleanliness.
- In one of his interviews on ABC News, he referred to music as his “mistress”.
- His first guitar was named “The Terminor”.
- His initial performances were at several local clubs in Nashville.
- In 2010, Kenny co-directed and produced Boys of Fall for ESPN.
- In 2017, he lent his mansion on St. John in the U.S Virgin Islands to shelter the victims during the Hurricane Irma tragedy.
- Visit his official website @ www.kennychesney.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Lunchbox LP / Flickr / CC BY-2.0