|Matthew Perry Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1969|
Matthew Perry is an American-Canadian actor, comedian, executive producer, screenwriter, and playwright who is best known for his role as Chandler Bing in the NBC television sitcom, Friends, in which he co-starred alongside Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer. In addition to that, Perry has also been cast in various other shows and movies such as Home Free, The Whole Nine Yards, The Whole Ten Yards, The Good Wife, Mr. Sunshine, The Odd Couple, The Kennedys: After Camelot, Cougar Town, Go On, Web Therapy, Almost Heroes, Boys Will be Boys, Highway to Heaven, Call Me Anna, Serving Sara, Growing Pains, Sydney, Beverly Hills, 90210, Birds of America, Caroline in the City, The Ron Clark Story, 17 Again, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
Matthew Langford Perry
Matt, Matty, Perry
Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Canadian and American
Matthew received his schooling from Rockcliffe Park Public School. Post that, he attended Ashbury College (Day and boarding school) in Rockcliffe Park, Ottawa.
He also went to The Buckley School in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, where he studied acting.
Actor, director, writer, producer
- Father – John Bennett Perry (Actor, and former model)
- Mother – Suzanne Marie (nee Langford) (Journalist and former press secretary for Pierre Trudeau, Canadian Prime Minister)
- Siblings – Caitlin Morrison (Half-Sister), Marie Perry (Half-Sister), Willy Morrison (Half Brother), Emily Morrison (Half-Sister), Madeleine Morrison (Half-Sister)
- Others – Keith Morrison (Stepfather) (Canadian Broadcast Journalist), Alton L. Perry (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Schaefer Bennett (Paternal Grandmother), James Silas Warren Langford (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Gabrielle Lucille Coupal (Maternal Grandmother)
Matthew Perry has been signed to –
- Doug Chapin Management
- WTK Public Relations
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Perry has dated –
- Christina Sibul – He was romantically involved with Christina Sibul in the past.
- Julia Roberts (1995–1996) – Matt met Julia Roberts on the set of the TV series Friends (1994 – 2004) in 1995. Soon after that, they started spending time together in Los Angeles. However, their relationship didn’t last long, and they split up in 1996.
- Yasmine Bleeth (1996) – Matthew dated former actress Yasmine Bleeth for a short period in 1996.
- Neve Campbell (1998) – Perry commenced dating the Canadian actress, Neve Campbell in February 1998. After being together for 4 months, they parted ways in June 1998.
- Renee Zellweger (2002) – Matt had an encounter with actress Renee Zellweger in 2002.
- Maeve Quinlan (2002–2003) – In 2002, Matt was linked with another actress Maeve Quinlan. After dating for almost a year, in 2003, both actors decided to split up.
- Heather Graham (2003) – Perry dated actress Heather Graham for a brief period in 2003.
- Lauren Graham (2003) – In 2003, Matthew was in a short-lived relationship with actress Lauren Graham.
- Rachel Dunn (2003–2004) – Matt commenced dating the American female netball player, Rachel Dunn in 2003. The couple stayed together for a year before calling it quits in 2004.
- Jennifer Aniston (2006) – In the year 2006, it was RUMORed that he was romantically involved with his Friends co-star Jennifer Aniston.
- Piper Perabo (2006) – It was RUMORed that he hooked up with actress Piper Perabo in 2006. The duo has also worked together in the NBC sitcom Go On.
- Lizzy Caplan (2006–2012) – From 2006 to 2012, Perry was in a relationship with actress Lizzy Caplan. He is about 13 years her senior.
- Meg Ryan (2007) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with American actress and producer Meg Ryan in 2007.
- Molly Hurwitz (2018-Present) – He started dating literary manager Molly Hurwitz in 2018. The couple got engaged in November 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Perry has German, French-Canadian, Swiss-German, Irish, and English ancestry.
- Specific smile
- Alluring eyes
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Together with his fellow star Jennifer Aniston, Perry appeared in a print ad for Microsoft (1997).
He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Hanes underwear (1993) together with Michael Jordan.
Best Known For
- Matthew is best known for his role in the popular TV series Friends (1994 – 2004) as Chandler Bing. This role got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series” in 2002.
- Perry is also known for appearing in various movies including She’s Out of Control (1989), Call Me Anna (1990), Getting In (1994), Fools Rush In (1997), Serving Sara (2002), The Ron Clark Story (2006), and 17 Again (2009).
Matthew first showed up in the coming-of-age drama film A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon (1988) playing the character of Fred Roberts.
First TV Show
In 1979, Matt had his television debut, when he appeared in ABC’s drama series 240-Robert. He played Arthur in the episode titled Bank Job.
Matthew Perry Favorite Things
- Movie – Groundhog Day (1993)
- NHL Team – Ottawa Senators
- Friends Episode – The One with the Blackout
- Lines he said in Friends – “Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian – did I say that out loud?,” “Joey, you have to stop the Q-tip when there’s resistance!”
Source – TimeOut.com, TV.com
Matthew Perry Facts
- When he was a kid, his parents divorced and his mom immediately married the broadcast journalist Keith Morrison.
- Matt was raised in Ottawa, Ontario.
- In 1997, Matt went through a 28-day program to relieve him from his addiction to Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen).
- In 2000, Perry suffered from pancreatitis and lost 20 pounds.
- While he was young, he used to be a top-ranked junior tennis player.
- While he was in nursery school, he underwent a door-shutting accident, resulting in some damage to his right hand’s middle finger.
- In April 2001, Matthew had a car accident in which his BMW car hit a STOP sign that was being carried by a 75-year-old woman. Though, none of them were injured.
- He is very good friends with Friends (1994-2004) co-star Jennifer Aniston.
- In February 2001, Perry entered rehabilitation to get the treatment done for his addiction to amphetamines, opioids, and alcohol.
- He appeared with his father, John Bennett Perry in the movie Fools Rush In (1997).
- He loves to play softball.
- Matt is a huge fan of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- In December 2020, he launched a Friends TV show-themed t-shirt line for 2 weeks so as to give the money from the sale of t-shirts to WHO’s COVID-19 relief efforts.
- In January 2021, Matthew sold his Malibu Beach house for $13.1 million which was a 5,500 square-foot house with 4 bedrooms.