|David Schwimmer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1966|
David Schwimmer is an American actor, voice actor, director, and producer who is best known for playing the character of Ross in the sitcom Friends, a role for which he received a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Primetime Emmy Award nomination in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series” category in 1995. Over the years, he has also been cast in many other shows including Police Squad!, The Wonder Years, L.A. Law, Will & Grace, NYPD Blue, Blossom, Monty, Band of Brothers, ER, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 30 Rock, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Feed the Beast, and Intelligence. Moreover, his film credits include Flight of the Intruder, The Pallbearer, Kissing a Fool, Six Days Seven Nights, Picking Up the Pieces, The Thin Pink Line, Apt Pupil, Duane Hopwood, Nothing But the Truth, Big Nothing, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, The Iceman, John Carter, The Laundromat, Crossing the Bridge, Uprising, Wolf, and Run, Fatboy, Run.
David Lawrence Schwimmer
Flushing, Queens, New York, United States
David Schwimmer graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1984.
In 1988, he graduated from Northwestern University in Chicago with a bachelor of arts degree in theater and speech.
Actor, voice actor, producer, director
- Father – Arthur Schwimmer (Attorney)
- Mother – Arlene Coleman-Schwimmer (Attorney)
- Siblings – Ellie Schwimmer (Older Sister)
- Others – Bertram Schwimmer (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice P. Osgood (Paternal Grandmother), Max S. Colman (Maternal Grandfather), Syd Sherman (Maternal Grandmother)
David Schwimmer has been signed with The Gersh Agency, Inc.
His net worth has been $120 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Schwimmer has dated –
- Patrice Jennings – David Schwimmer was reported to have had an affair with actress Patrice Jennings.
- Brandi Glanville – TV personality and former model Brandi Glanville has boasted about having dated Friends heartthrob David Schwimmer. She also claimed that she had affair with David’s Friends castmate, Matt LeBlanc.
- Sarah Trimble (1994-1996) – David started dating Sarah Trimble, who worked as a clerk for a federal judge in New Orleans in 1994. He even used to jet out to New Orleans once a month while shooting for Friends. David later revealed that he had tapped into the pain of his breakup with Sarah while shooting for Ross and Rachel’s breakup in the show. It took him around 10 minutes to recover emotionally from the scene.
- Natalie Imbruglia (1996-1997) – Schwimmer started dating Australian-British model and singer Natalie Imbruglia in 1996. Their relationship didn’t work out due to the long-distance equation as he was in the United States shooting for the Friends series and she was in London working on her debut album. But, she did recall it as a happy relationship in a 2015 interview with Red magazine.
- Mili Avital (1997-2001) – David started dating Israeli actress Mili Avital after having grown close while working on the romantic comedy, Kissing a Fool (1998). They separated in 2001. David later ceded that his inability to strike balance between work and personal life led to the end of a beautiful relationship.
- Carla Alapont (2003) – David first met Carla on Hollywood Boulevard in 2003 in an incident due to a disagreement over driving. After she nearly chopped down his car, he came over for a confrontation but soon apologized and got her phone number. They made a couple of public appearances during their short affair.
- Tina Barrett (2004) – Schwimmer hooked up with London-based dancer and singer, Tina Barrett after having met at the Glamour Magazine Awards 2004 in London. Barrett flirted aggressively to get his attention after the party headed to Funky Buddha Club for some drinks.
- Gina Calavera (2004) – He reportedly went out with Gina Calavera in the year 2004.
- Minnie Driver (2005) – David started dating actress Minnie Driver after having grown close during the production of the London play, Some Girl(s) in 2005.
- Zoe Buckman (2007-2017) – David first met Zoe Buckman at the Cuckoo Club in London. Zoe used to work as a cocktail waitress at the club, while David was directing Run Fatboy Run in the capital. He fell for her at the first sight and convinced her to move to the United States with him. In March 2010, they got engaged. They got married in a small intimate wedding ceremony in June 2010. In May 2011, she gave birth to a daughter, Cleo Buckman Schwimmer. In April 2017, they announced that they were “taking some time apart” and eventually divorced later that year.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish origin with his parents tracing their ancestry back to Ukraine, Germany, Austria, Russia, and Belarus.
- Tall stature
- Geeky appearance
David Schwimmer has starred in the promotional campaigns of –
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- Popeye’s $5 Bonafide
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ross Geller in the iconic NBC sitcom, Friends
- Playing the role of lawyer Robert Kardashian in the TV crime anthology, American Crime Story
He played the small role of a duty officer in the 1991 film Flight of the Intruder.
First TV Show
In 1991 and 1992, David played the role of Michael in 4 episodes of the ABC dramedy series The Wonder Years.
David Schwimmer Favorite Things
- Greatest Fear – Death
- Guiltiest Pleasure – Television, pizza
- The Greatest love of his life – Theater
- Book – The Idiot (By Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- New York City Restaurant – Pasquale Jones
- Los Angeles Restaurant – Jon & Vinny’s
- Chicago Restaurant – Duck Inn and Sunda
Source – The Guardian
David Schwimmer Facts
- During his struggling days, he used to work as a phone salesman for copy machine supplies. The company was illegally run and when one morning he came to work, he found it boarded up by police.
- In June 2006, Schwimmer was awarded $400,000 in damages as a result of a lawsuit filed against Aaron Tonken, who had accused Schwimmer of demanding Rolex watches for appearing at his own charity event.
- He serves as a director for the Santa Monica-based Rape Treatment Center, which works to assist victims of child rape and date rape.
- While studying at the university, he was active in local theater and had a membership in the Improv group, No-Fun Mud Piranhas. The comedian and TV host Stephen Colbert was his fellow member of the group.
- After graduating from the university, he established a nonprofit Chicago-based Lookingglass Theater Company in collaboration with 7 other people.
- He has served as an active supporter of the campaign to get the law passed for banning the drugs such as Rohypnol and GHB.
- In 2013, he infuriated his new neighbors in the East Village neighborhood of New York City by demolishing an iconic townhouse, which he wanted to renovate. This led to someone painting ‘Ross is not cool’ on the front façade.
- In May 2014, he helped the New York police department solve a stabbing case by turning over the footage from his security cameras, which led to the identification of the culprit.
- As a director/producer, he has worked on a variety of projects like Since You’ve Been Gone, Friends, The Tracy Morgan Show, Joey, Little Britain USA, Growing Up Fisher, Trust, New Car Smell, Humanoid, Fly Like Mercury, and Run, Fatboy, Run.
- He portrayed the character of Robert Kardashian in The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, the 1st season of the FX true crime anthology television series American Crime Story, in 2016. For this performance, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie” category.