David Lawrence Schwimmer
Flushing, Queens, New York, United States
David Schwimmer graduated from the Beverly Hills High School in 1984.
In 1988, he graduated from the Northwestern University in Chicago with a bachelor of arts degree in theater and speech.
Actor, producer, director
- Father – Arthur Schwimmer (Attorney)
- Mother – Arlene Coleman-Schwimmer (Attorney)
- Siblings – Ellie Schwimmer (Older Sister)
- Others – Bertram Schwimmer (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice P. Osgood (Paternal Grandmother), Max S. Colman (Maternal Grandfather), Syd Sherman (Maternal Grandmother)
The Gersh Agency, Inc.
In 2020, David Schwimmer’s net worth was $100 million, according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Schwimmer has dated –
- Patrice Jennings – David Schwimmer was reported to have had an affair with actress Patrice Jennings.
- Brandi Glanville – TV personality and former model Brandi Glanville has boasted about having dated Friends heartthrob David Schwimmer. She also claimed that she had affair with David’s Friends castmate, Matt LeBlanc.
- Sarah Trimble (1994-1996) – David started dating Sarah Trimble, who worked as a clerk for a federal judge in New Orleans in 1994. He even used to jet out to New Orleans once in a month while shooting for Friends. David later revealed that he had tapped into the pain of his breakup from Sarah while shooting for Ross and Rachel’s breakup in the show. It took him around 10 minutes to recover emotionally from the scene.
- Natalie Imbruglia (1996-1997) – Schwimmer started dating Australian-British model and singer Natalie Imbruglia in 1996. Their relationship didn’t work out due to the long distance equation as he was in United States shooting for Friends series and she was in London working on her debut album. But, she did recall it as a happy relationship in a 2015 interview with Red magazine.
- Mili Avital (1997-2001) – David started dating Israeli actress Mili Avital after having grown close while working on romantic comedy, Kissing a Fool (1998). They separated in 2001. David later ceded that his inability to strike balance between work and personal life led to the end of a beautiful relationship.
- Carla Alapont (2003) – David first met Carla on the Hollywood Boulevard in 2003 in an incident due to disagreement over driving. After she nearly chopped down his car, he came over for confrontation but soon apologized and got her phone number. They made a couple of public appearances during their short affair.
- Tina Barrett (2004) – Schwimmer hooked up with London based dancer and singer, Tina Barrett after having met at the Glamour Magazine Awards 2004 in London. Barrett flirted aggressively to get his attention after the party headed to Funky Buddha Club for some drinks.
- Minnie Driver (2005) – David started dating actress Minnie Driver after having grown close during the production of the London play, Some Girl(s) in 2005.
- Zoe Buckman (2007-Present) – David first met Zoe Buckman at the Cuckoo Club in London. Zoe used to work as a cocktail waitress at the club, while David was directing Run Fatboy Run in the capital. He fell for her at the first sight and convinced her to move to the United States with him. In March 2010, they had got engaged. They got married in a small intimate wedding ceremony in June 2010. In May 2011, she gave birth to a daughter, Cleo Buckman Schwimmer.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish origin with his parents tracing their ancestry back to Ukraine, Germany, Austria, Russia, and Belarus.
- Tall stature
- Geeky appearance
David Schwimmer has starred in the promotional campaigns of –
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3
- Popeye’s $5 Bonafide
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Ross Geller in the iconic NBC sitcom, Friends
- Playing the role of lawyer Robert Kardashian in the TV crime anthology, American Crime Story.
He played the small role as a duty officer in the 1991 film Flight of the Intruder.
First TV Show
In 1991 and 1992, David played the role of Michael in 4 episodes of ABC dramedy series The Wonder Years.
David Schwimmer Favorite Things
- Greatest Fear – Death
- Guiltiest Pleasure – Television, pizza
- Greatest love of his life – Theater
- Book – The Idiot (By Fyodor Dostoevsky)
- New York City Restaurant – Pasquale Jones
- Los Angeles Restaurant – Jon & Vinny’s
- Chicago Restaurant – Duck Inn and Sunda
Source – The Guardian
David Schwimmer Facts
- During his struggling days, he used to work as a phone salesman for copy machine supplies. The company was illegally run and when one morning he came to work, he found it boarded up by police.
- In June 2006, Schwimmer was awarded $400,000 in damages as a result of a lawsuit filed against Aaron Tonken, who had accused Schwimmer of demanding Rolex watches for appearing at his own charity event.
- He serves as a director for Santa Monica based Rape Treatment Center, which works to assist victims of child rape and date rape.
- While studying at the university, he was active in local theater and had a membership of the Improv group, No-Fun Mud Piranhas. The comedian and TV host Stephen Colbert was his fellow member in the group.
- After graduating from the university, he established a nonprofit Chicago based Lookingglass Theater Company in collaboration with 7 other people.
- He has served as an active supporter of the campaign to get the law passed for banning the drugs such as Rohypnol and GHB.
- In 2013, he infuriated his new neighbors in the East Village neighborhood of New York City by demolishing an iconic townhouse, which he wanted to renovate. This led to someone painting ‘Ross is not cool’ on the front façade.
- In May 2014, he helped New York police department solve a stabbing case by turning over the footage from his security cameras, which led to the identification of culprit.
- Follow David Schwimmer on Twitter.