|Maggie Wheeler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1961|
|Spouse||Daniel Borden Wheeler|
Maggie Wheeler is an American actress who came to limelight after delivering a stellar performance in the recurring role of Janice Litman Goralnik in the seminal sitcom Friends (1994–2004) opposite Matthew Perry as Chandler Bing’s on-and-off girlfriend, winning the hearts of the audience with her trademark nasal tone, notorious laugh, and the popular catchline. She has also appeared in several other TV shows such as Ellen (1994–1996) as Anita Warrell and Everybody Loves Raymond (1996–2004) as Linda Gruenfelder. She has starred in a number of films including The Parent Trap (1998) as the character Marva Kulp, Jr.
Margaret Emily Jakobson
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from The Calhoun School in New York City and then went to Sarah Lawrence College.
- Father – John R. Jakobson (Financier)
- Mother – Barbara Jakobson (Writer)
- Siblings – She has 2 siblings including a brother named Nicholas Jakobson
- Others – Marina Squerciati (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress)
She is represented by KW Entertainment.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- David Duchovny – She began going out with the actor, director, and singer-songwriter David after they 1st met while working in the 1989 film New Year’s Day.
- Daniel Borden Wheeler (1990-Present) – She tied the knot with the artist, sculptor, and photographer from Ohia, Daniel on October 20, 1990. They have 2 daughters named Juno Alexandra Wheeler (b. 1994) and Gemma Wheeler (b. 1999).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Hungarian and German ancestry and may have Polish / Russian roots on her father’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Oval shaped face
Maggie Wheeler Favorite Things
- Props From Her Work That She Has Kept With Her And Cherished – A keychain and some outfits like the gold pants and a pair of pea-green corduroy pants used by her character Janice
Source – Digital Spy
Maggie Wheeler Facts
- She was drawn to the world of entertainment from her childhood and dreamed of becoming an actress.
- She had originally auditioned for the role of Monica in Friends but the role was eventually given to Courteney Cox.
- Maggie has revealed that the infamous cackle of Janice came about organically in the first rehearsal when working with Matthew Perry and she knew right away that he would make her laugh on the set and she needed to be prepared. So, she created Janice’s laugh as a safety measure for when she would burst.
- She was really expecting when her Friends character Janice turned up heavily pregnant in one of its episodes.
- Her nasal voice in Friends is not her real voice and she has a normal female voice that can be heard in her other shows such as Everybody Loves Raymond.
Featured Image by Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0