|Vince Gilligan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1967|
Vince Gilligan is an American writer, producer, and director who rose to fame after becoming the creator, head writer, executive producer, as well as director of AMC’s crime drama television series Breaking Bad (2008–2013) and its spin-off Better Call Saul that began to be aired in 2015. He has been the executive producer of numerous other TV shows including The X-Files (2000–2002), the co-creator of several other programs on the small screen like The Lone Gunmen (2001), and the writer of numerous television series such as The X-Files episode Drive that was originally telecast on November 15, 1998. He has been the writer, producer, and director of many films as well including El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019). Outside of television, he has co-written the screenplays for several movies like Hancock (2008). He has also acted in a variety of TV shows such as Comedy Bang! Bang! where he portrayed the role of The Commissioner in the episode Lil Jon Wears a Baseball Cap and Sunglasses (2015). He is the recipient of numerous accolades such as the Primetime Emmy Award in 2017 for “Outstanding Short Form Comedy or Drama Series”.
George Vincent Gilligan Jr.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
He went to J.P. Wynne Campus School, where his mother also taught. He then attended Lloyd C. Bird High School, graduating in 1985 after which he went on to attend NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts on a scholarship, acquiring a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in film production. He had won a scholarship to attend the prestigious Interlochen Center for the Arts.
Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – George Vincent Gilligan Sr. (Insurance Claims Adjuster)
- Mother – Gail (Grade School Teacher)
- Siblings – Patrick (Younger Brother)
He is represented by High Bridge Productions, Inc.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Holly Rice (1991–Present) – He started dating Holly Rice in 1991.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Tall stature
- Beard and mustache
- Wears spectacles
- Cheerful smile
Vince Gilligan Favorite Things
- Vaudeville And Comedy Team – The Three Stooges
Source – Den Of Geek
Vince Gilligan Facts
- He was brought up in Farmville and Chesterfield County in Virginia.
- While growing up, he had become best friends with future film editor and film title designer Angus Wall. His interest in movies was initiated when Wall’s mother, Jackie, would lend her Super 8 film cameras to him that he would use to create science fiction films with his brother. He began making films with his first being titled Space Wreck, which had featured his brother in the main role. A year later, he bagged the first prize for his age group in a film competition at the University of Virginia.
- He has admitted that he is rather neurotic by nature. When a show of his has done well, he has found himself expecting it to be canceled at any time, having never even thought of it to be on the air. When a work of his has become extremely popular, he has found it hard to believe, having got more and more nervous by the day.
Featured Image by Thomas Attila Lewis / Flickr / CC BY 2.0